Warcraft: Sylvanas spoilers

Interesting. Purely from a meta point of view Golden was clearly trying to make sure Sylvanas was as sympathetic as possibly in her book.

3 Likes

She comes off as completely stupid and insane.

So. Okay I guess.

It’s not that she’s evil. She’s just dumb

6 Likes

He seems more likely to be sent to Revendreth :stuck_out_tongue: For that prank, he pulled on sylvanas.

1 Like

“It’s not a good/bad split.”

LOLWUT. How do words work. They’re writing a good/bad split over and over again.

10 Likes

It’s mostly lawyer talk, because they know the average person is going to believe everything they say :wolf:

1 Like

It’s all such a mess.

And if a lawyer used these word games in front of a Judge, they’d be taunting a contempt hearing. Deliberately misleading reaches false statements pretty fast.

2 Likes

It’s like she forgot her own canon. It is wierd. It’s like this whole book should be taken outside existing lore.

Instead of a 3rd party narrator. It’s first person.

Well, TBH, changing the narrator would be the right choice for what this book was supposed to be. (The story needed the immediate information from Sylanas about what was happening.)

But you have to deliver the actual content with that, or you end up where we are.

1 Like

As much as I’ll regret engaging with this, there’s numerous times where abused people abuse others. You’ve mentioned this trope, even though I don’t know your full opinion on it.

Her capacity or aloofness to genocide has been shown multiple times in the past.

8 Likes

That doesn’t dissuade shipping my guy.

1 Like

I’m up to chapter 14 now. I’ve been enjoying the book before she became undead, especially part 1, but this is starting to feel like a slog for me. This is feeling uninteresting to read and I’m getting bored, it feels like the chapters are dragging on without any interesting information or details. Kinda feel like these chapters should be shorter. Which is odd because Golden says in the acknowledgements that she cut out a lot of fluff and these chapters are already lengthy.

Feels like time is being wasted in these chapters with descriptions we’ve already read. Get to the damn point.

could you clarify please what ren means by “Alleria yells alot at sylvanas”?

I don’t think Alleria actually yells at Sylvanas a lot, it’s mostly in chapter 1 because Sylvanas interfered in her test. They aren’t around each other a lot but respect each other and seem to have an understanding. I’m more annoyed by Vereesa being a crybaby, she cries about everything.

1 Like

What do you mean interfered in her test? Was it really this task that couldn´t be archieved by alleria…if sylvanas wouldn´t have helped?

It’s possible Alleria might’ve got killed by the Springpaw if Sylvanas wasn’t there

1 Like

maybe its me but…what is a springpaw?XD

The lynxs in Eversong

1 Like

how old were they as this tests occured…? I mean…a springpaw as this difficulty task? I imagined more…

Remember this gem?

1 Like

You just became my bestie.

Just sayin.

2 Likes