Warcraft Short Story: "The Goblin Way"

I th8nk what most of us wanted after Wrath, but really after Cata/MoP, was working towards this but still keeping the tensions and mistrust due to individual characters.

I can accept the peace between the Horde and Alliance, but it is a bit worrying that there was not…period of transition that put the issues to rest.

I was more or less citing a form of anti-hero, or hero of the story that is not really heroic or does heroic things. This could easily be done with the Horde, and Horde has always struck me as the faction that would be more pragmatic in their ways.

21st? This is 19th century work ethos.

Also “true goblin fans” - enough with the gatekeepy nonsense.

2 Likes

There was roughly 5 years between the end of the fourth war and the beginning of dragonflight. Granted blizzard didn’t do a great job of expressing that to the player, but it canonically happened.

1 Like

To some coments here: Is wanting to stop being an idiot minion bad? I don’t think so.

I had one of the best experiences in this game when I played a goblin and leveled up to the max level playing only quests related to them. I laughed a lot. But from the very first moment, Gallywix is a jerk, getting in your way in your life and climbing the ladder in goblin society. In my RP, my goblin was quite passionate about her society, but never liked Gally, that would be too out of character for her. Not to mention that there’s a group of goblins who aren’t so sympathetic to Gallywix either, so they help you at the start in Kezan.

I think that’s what it’s about: a society doesn’t need its individuals to be minions with no differences. And goblins are certainly more than that. Especially when their leader is an as***** from the beginning.

4 Likes

Gazlowe and the goblins worked with the horde in 2003, get wrecked elf

3 Likes

Thrall told Gazlowe he did a good job and it changed his whole world view.

I don’t think Gazlowes daddy ever told him he was proud of him

1 Like

Actually, they want to change themselves for the better, and not get injured (or killed) in so many industrial accidents.

Well, there was that incident with the Gnomes in the Mechagon Vault in BfA…

1 Like

This was actually so good. It really goes into the whole debate of nature vs nurture in a brilliant way.
Way to go, Blizz!

2 Likes

Neutral until Bfa. You lose.

They where always a part of the alliance blizzard just flip flopped for years on the number of high elves vs blood elves.

I scrolled to the bottom to see how long it was and saw I had to download a PDF and I said nope.

So? you were alliance once and tried to bail to the alliance again in mop, you lose big time.

It should just open in your browser like a doc

Anything new? Did someone see Gazlwoe on the beta yet?

Still not seeing why character evolution is a bad thing.

4 Likes

I appreciate giving the goblins some story. But I don’t like where this is heading. Horde culture was not what we would call “good guys” and that gave so much flavor to the races, the NPCs and the player characters from each faction.

The Horde doesn’t need to be nice and family friendly. I love my Horde that gives respect based on strength, that schemes against enemies, that mischiefs to get stuff done

1 Like

Blizzard, not every character, every race, faction, group, etc. needs to be a paragon of virtue with the highest of morals. This is fiction and it’s alright to have a goofy race who is comically corrupt and greedy.

Goblins don’t exist in the real world, so you don’t need to worry about representing them in a good light. You can relax and just tell a good story, Blizzard…

1 Like