Warcraft Short Story: "The Goblin Way"

Warcraft Short Story: "The Goblin Way"

Monte Gazlowe, Trade Prince of the Bilgewater Cartel, has been probing working conditions among the goblins. Everywhere he tours he sees a burned-out workforce, cheap machinery, and unhealthy working conditions that drag production and denigrate their people. “This is the goblin way! Dog eat dog! Only the winner comes out on top!” But is this really the goblin way, or is it just the way Jastor Gallywix wanted them looking?

View Full Article

23 Likes

Story is amazing, however on page 27 Noggenfogger refers to Durotar as a continent which is wholly inaccurate.

15 Likes

And once again, a dubious race with charm is turned into do-gooders who want to change the world for the better. yawn

55 Likes

Great stuff!

4 Likes

Why the goblin on the right look like he’s on a 100 day mewing streak

10 Likes

Wtb a mean streets of gagetzan expansion.

7 Likes

Yeah.
It’s like they’re taking the Goblin out of Goblin. We don’t want or need green Gnomes. The fact that Goblin Engineering can back fire? I like that. We don’t need Goblin QA.

29 Likes

yes this is the way, dang after ruined the undead lore to make them peaceful now they re doing the same with goblins bruh

30 Likes

They did the same thing with the Undead. Pretty much everything that distinguished this race was removed, and suddenly they became do-gooders. Orcs had their brutality taken away. Night Elves were also extremely savage in Warcraft III, possibly comparable to Amazons. They were all far from perfect (in a modern world) and that’s what made them unique.

Nowadays, every single race has become 1.) poor, pitiable victims and 2.) people who desperately want to improve the world. In essence, they’ve all become a homogenous mass.

At this point, you might as well watch My Little Pony. It’s basically the same thing, just with higher quality.

25 Likes

To suggest a goblin act without malice in the least destructive and selfless way possible is blasphemy.

13 Likes

This but unironically.

Hearthstone curbstomp Retail lore post-Legion.

Year of the Dragon was one of the better World of Warcraft arcs. DF was just an infinitely worse version.

4 Likes

Next, the Ethereals will no longer be worse than Goblins, who will steal, sell, kill and take both party’s gold for things. They’ll be the ones who invented rainbows and unicorns.

11 Likes

It’s hard to explain why, but the hearthstone expansions often seem more engaging storywise than wows.

Maybe because wow tries to take itself too serious and have clearly lacked the ability to make it pay off.

5 Likes

Ethereal already destined for their “good boi” arc.

I just hate that we have to go into the past to escape the friendship is magic garbage.

6 Likes

Hearthstone knows what it is.

The WoW MMO is confused as to who or what it is.

5 Likes

Randomly copies marvel

8 Likes

Out of character though it may be for the goblins, I do think there is a great point being made here that employees should be safe at work and should be paid well, given reasonable hours, and not live in fear they’re going to be laid off at any moment to make quarterly numbers look better for shareholders.

Do you know anyone who could stand to learn from this lesson, BlizzardEntertainment?

14 Likes

lol what the hell are they doing to my Horde?

20 Likes

It just keeps getting worse and worse. 0/10.

14 Likes

No one will deny that, but Azeroth is fictional, and in fictional stories, quite a few things can be morally ambiguous. We have a world here where mass genocides have been committed, and now literal tea parties are being held with those who attacked for years and left nothing but devastation and destruction behind. One shares hearth and home with them, eats together, etc. Like wtf is even happening in this game? :joy:

As I said, any race could theoretically now be called human, because there’s nothing left to distinguish them from each other. Suddenly, everyone has mutated into questionable My Little Pony characters.
But whereas it makes sense for MLP standards, because the characters are written that way, the races in WoW have had everything that distinguished them taken away and completely rewritten.

8 Likes