Warcraft Short Story: "The Goblin Way"

Is it just pixels or is it an attempt to make social progress?

Make up your mind.

2 Likes

It’s just pixels.

The attempt to make social progress is failing while people tweet/post through it. :slight_smile:

Largely because of their entitled, pompous, and “in control” attitudes leading to well deserved backlash.

No I disagree. I hate it and I don’t want to live in it, but that doesn’t make it obviously or objectively bad.

Some people WANT to live that way. Just look at how many people play this game. The top 1% of skill is elevated, adulated, worshiped, given all the resources, and everyone else is laughed at, mocked, told they don’t deserve anything, even though they finance that worship structure.

You mean what is not taught or encouraged in schools today? that kind of common sense? No wonder people are thinking this story is making Goblins out to be “good:” when they are still profit driven just being smart about it.

2 Likes

Honestly I am not sure anyone can tell the difference anymore.

:confused:

2 Likes

He is the collest goblin ever.

art imitates life.

Entertainment will always ALWAYS reflect the current times of the Real World.

You can either go with the flow and adapt to the times, or you can be bitter and mad and rage about it on video game forums or twitter while everyone else who has adapted ridicules your bitterness.

there really seems to be no in-between these days.

I really don’t want to read garbage like this. The thread was about the short story, specifically the “story” part of it, and then people like you flood in to dump poison in the well. If you want to gripe about political crap go to X/Twitter for the love of god.

You aren’t the only person causing issues and derailing, but you’re certainly part of the problem. Buzz off.

Usually not so transparently or cheaply.

Looks at the strict racial segregation concept for Horde and Alliance… looks at the real world… looks back to the game Um… I hope not.

1 Like

I don’t want to read garbage about imaginary woke agendas, but here we are.

blame the person who took the conversation in this direction. Hint: it wasn’t me.

No, I don’t think I will.

feel free to ignore me.

1 Like

Yeah, but to be fair this isn’t new either. I mean, frankly the goblin story kinda feels more late 1800s labor struggle than 2020s. Although that may be more to do with them starting as way more robber baron like.

1 Like

They’ve got people devoting hours of their time toward a fictional crusade in a video game. It’s honestly amazing that the people who insist on “divide and conquer” being implemented on the populace don’t see the part they play in it. :smiley:

“I’m just going to spend my day arguing about race relations and worker’s rights in WoW because progress!”

1 Like

It’s kind of wild how the thread developed…
Do some really want to claim here that WoW takes on a teaching role when dozens of genocides and whatever else are depicted in the game, and to top it off, the entire game is built on extreme racism? I mean, I don’t want to say anything, but… :sweat_smile:

1 Like

Don’t remember any of these complaints when Gallywix stood up to Garrosh and demanded his workers get their past due payments, safer working conditions and to not be treated like slaves. But, Gazlowe begins to move towards similar settings for his people, just without a tyrant breathing down on him, and it is suddenly virtue signaling.

4 Likes

I remember doing a quest with gallywix and eitrigg interaction during bfa, damn gally was a funny character, cool to be around, now we have gazlowe being a ‘nice guy’, interactions with him are not funny or make me want to be interested in goblins at all

horde lost the undead uniquiness and the next is the goblins. orcs dont even have a proper leader anymore, thrall is just a clown, and no one remembers taurens and trolls as a people of the horde. only elves left, maybe until midnight when they merge everything and defeat xalatath at the sunwell using the magic of friendship

It’s a placebo effect I think.

If people spend enough time arguing this stuff over the internet, even though they’ve made no progress, they feel like they’ve done something. :man_shrugging:

I’m trying my best to retreat from it all, but it rears its ugly head everywhere now and games are no exception.

1 Like

Are these short stories replacing the videos we would usually get before an expansion? Example: Warbringers

I hope not. I really enjoy those videos.

1 Like

So what exactly is it that you think you’re accomplishing by inserting yourselves into these conversations?

Because it’s far from your first time.

1 Like

I doubt it, they usually do both

1 Like