Warcraft Short Story: "The Goblin Way"

People need to calm down, there’s still gonna be Gallywix and the Ventures if you want your sociopathically uber capitalist goblins, Gazlowe is basically just changing things to how actually successful businesses run

13 Likes

I actually liked it tbh

Talked about the long term profit instead of short, the kind of stuff a keen business man would actually be more interested in

Sure 10000 gold today is great, but then the golds gone

Instead you make 400000 over the years

15 Likes

It literally reads as a goblin version of the goal/Unicorn project and all the other management books my employer keeps asking me to read in case I ever change my mind about going into management. In a good way.

3 Likes

Just finished the story and came back from a forums hiatus to observe the salt firsthand.

3 Likes

finally, something that’s not Humans and Elves.

reads

5 Likes

A goblin named raid object found in the datamine.
An underground expansion
And now a goblin story?

Goblin raid 11.1. Calling it. Undermine will be a new zone with a raid in it.

7 Likes

Gaslow had already express concern for his fellow goblins in the Mechagon questline such as when he told them to pay out the full insurance for the dead with no haggling. Or that hiring them in the first place involved extra play.

This short story is not out of character for Gaslow and since he’s now in charge he’ll influence goblin culture just as Gallywix did.

10 Likes

Wake me up then. This is 11.0 launch content ain’t it.

Oh no is this Ferengi’s DS9 storyline meets Goblins? Why you slick Blizzards!

2 Likes

I’ll use my text to speak thing to read the PDF after while.

Be a good thing to listen to while drawing or something.

1 Like

This was a well written story! I don’t think they are making the goblins “do-gooders” or anything at all. It’s about how they treat each other to get things done. The goblins have been under horrible and corrupt management since they came from the island. In fact, as a player the entire story of you was to be competing against Gallywix and you get mistreated, stepped on, backstabbed, conned, nearly taken out on that mission. All for nothing to change because of Gallywix.

So this is good. This is goblins finally getting out of that terrible mindset that they must step over everybody else just to survive.

14 Likes

Are we really going the “workers of the world unite” route with this game? Freakin’ Yawncraft.

10 Likes

Goblins aren’t people. They’re comic relief meant to be blown to bits by loony tunes dynamite.

They’re supposed to lighten the mood. My guy they drink Koja Cola to get brain power.

WoW being co-opted by modern politics is gross. Stop it. What’s next Bugs Bunny had to sit down Elmer Fudd and discuss the ecological impact of hunting season?

9 Likes

So cool to have a Goblin story! ty! Loved it!

10 Likes

PaY mUh goBLiNs a LiVInG wAgE

6 Likes

I prefer Trade Secrets of a Trade Prince. Gallywix charged me at the end for reading it; 11/10, would be extorted again.

1 Like

So much this.

Since a certain event outside of the game, it’s noticeable how Blizzard is turning one race after another into moral apostles. It’s kind of strange that they keep the strict racial segregation concept between factions intact at the same time. Not exactly something that fits into the perfect world of My little… um, I mean, in the perfect world of warcraft universe. :thinking:

5 Likes

Reading this story made me consider small things I wouldn’t normally since it doesn’t make a difference to us in the game. Like the cost of repairing a city or the story behind the workers in those mines we run in and kill for 2 silver to stop ore production because Mr Tauren is mad goblins are mining his mountain again.

I think it’s a fun take and a nice insight on the future for the goblin race since they are a playable race that we enjoy.

But of course people are free to continue making everything about real life and political correctness and just not seem to enjoy anything.

Have fun with that.

8 Likes

Yes, they really are.

1 Like

Interesting how many wow players say that they want good story telling and here we have a thread full of people demanding that goblins stay reduced to a simple caricature. Very interesting stuff. I can see why the story is so simple minded at times after seeing threads like this.

17 Likes