Warband Tabs Can We Not Overprice This?

Why should they only be using a feature of an expansion at 60-80%? Especially since we’re not asking for the price to go away but just be more reasonable.

Thank you for your input I guess?

I assure though most of us are pretty chill.

I feel like you’re being nitpicky here. Arguably a QoL improvement will always be a convenience.

But also Blizzard kinda says its a QoL addition in general… like the goal of Warbands is that.

1 Like

We need more gold sink. So I have no problem with it being tied to this feature.

They should make a 6th tab for 10million gold.

While I don’t agree on the price I am curious why they limited it to 5 tabs…

1 Like

It will be a feature for the next expansion! XD

2 Likes

I wouldn’t be upset if they added more tabs each expansion actually…

Cause like thats one of my complaints with professions overall the bloat over time. (assuming you’re the sort of person to keep older expansions materials).

Again I think the price should be considerably cheaper but adding more with each expansion wouldn’t be the worst concept around.

1 Like

I doubt they’re just going to drop the 2.5 million gold cost without replacing it with something else.

This was answered in the preview:

The bank will also behave like the reagent bank, allowing you to craft using reagents from it without having to withdraw them.

But it’s not very good at being a gold sink.

In this case, a handful of very wealthy players may dump a large portion of their gold reserves into this one vendor, but that’s ultimately a blip in the grand scheme of the WoW economy.

And that’s in regard to the 2 million gold mount they added back in Legion. If they don’t think 2 million gold is much of a gold sink, then 2.5 million is even less of one.

3 Likes

Which is also why I say gold sinks have routinely been mostly useless. Blizzard doesn’t even see it as working which makes it all the more arbitrary.

They should reduce the price if these things are ultimately nothing in the long run.

Ahhh… when I wrote my last post, I wondered if that was what was going on… expectations outstripped reality.

If it makes you feel any better, being able to empty everything but souvenir-type items into that space was also my expectation.

But I don’t feel it was realistic to think Blizzard was just going to dump an all-access pass to store everything we come across in the game and, once I looked at it from a more objective point of view, including taking into consideration the original banks design and pricing, I saw that.

Is the last price clearly ridiculously high?

Definitely.

But that doesn’t mean it needs to be nerfed or is bad design or a way for Blizzard to sell more tokens.

It just means it’s another challenge like low drop rates and random appearing mobs needed to get inessential rewards, achievements, ect.

Not for everyone, I certainly won’t be farming gold for it because I don’t find farming gold fun, but others do, so this will be a cool and unique reward for them.

I believe you are sincere. Your post is level-headed and your process well-expressed.

However, having read the majority of the thread, you are in the minority.

And I think if everyone spent more appreciating what they can reasonable expect to attain, two hundred and ninety-four slots, instead of crying over what they may never attain, they would see this still adds a considerable amount of convenience to their playing while also adding another long term goal and a new gold sink.

But appreciating what one has as opposed to being unhappy over what one doesn’t, doesn’t seems to be a cultural attribute anymore.

(I blame social media :grin:. )

ETA: and I still can’t believe no one is commenting on the lack of WOW aesthetic.

1 Like

Honestly, I’m kinda ok with the last ones being costly. Gonna motivate these gold hoarders to spend that money on something.

It also ensures people won’t just drop everything they have in there.

This is neither here nor there really but why does it matter if people did drop everything they have in there?

2 Likes

nobody needs ALL THE TABS on launch.

so much drama :laughing:

2 Likes

Didn’t say they needed them at launch.

Said the price for the last 2-3 is ridiculously high and should be reduced.

3 Likes

this is the new ah mount gold sink and i dont like it. it was presented as a cool new feature and now they lock it behind token sales.

3 Likes

how do you know the price is “ridiculously high”, without even knowing how much gold we’ll be making per quest?

1 Like

Players thought this would replace their personal guild banks.

As a hoarder myself I say, stop hoarding. XD

I’d be more ok with it if the comparably high-priced tabs were above the 7 offered by gbanks. But 5 is already fewer than that, and prohibitively priced at that.

Not hauling out my best pitchforks or anything, just disappointed if the utility isn’t more reasonably offered.

1 Like

anyone who is going to buy tokens for this, is someone who is already buying heaps of tokens.

1 Like

The prices are fine. I currently have barely enough gold for all the tabs, but the last one is not worth it for me. Remember this feature is entirely convenience; you are surviving right now with 0 tabs.

The main use will be to have access to the current expansion’s crafting materials on all your characters; this will take 1 or 2 tabs unless you’re buying up mats by the thousands. A 3rd tab for misc stuff.

You have no idea how useless they are beyond a made up statistic in your head. Only Blizzard knows how effective each gold sink actually is.