Warband Tabs Can We Not Overprice This?

We are also surviving without the ability to craft out of a shared bank, but that is being added with the new Warband Bank.

Since I won’t be transferring much gear, other than catch-up tokens, if allowed, I plan on putting as many crafting mats as possible in there, from my personal Guild Vaults (it’s a lot). Then, those vaults will be used for the overflow, or to keep auctionable battle pets, mounts, BoEs, and things intended just for that specific server.
Ultimately, I’m just readjusting my expectations, since I initially thought of it like SWTOR, where there is a Materials storage area, where you can just dump all of your mats, and never have to worry about running out of room. Not everything can be like other things that we enjoy, I guess.

“Blizzard i dont want to put in any effort and demand everything be handed to me for free wasily” go play a mobile game

By lookin.

I know you’re rich in WoW and all from earlier conversations but I don’t really see a big change in gold acquisition likely.

2.5 mil gold is way too much and not a reasonable price for anything in WoW.

Its kinda the point of em honestly. Not sure how folk are missing that…

This.

Odd argument but I disagree.

Its frustrating that we have to do that cause yeah this is kinda what I was expecting as well?

I still think and maintain that its an overpriced feature and needs to come down for the last 2-3 tabs.

We’re not demanding that but thanks anyways.

1 Like

what do you consider to be “rich”?

so don’t buy the tabs which you deem too costly.

:woman_facepalming:

There’s still value in personal guild bank, and I think you can open the Warband Bank at the bank, it shouldn’t be too hard to swap items from Gbank to Wbank…

So many banks…

I’m really curious to know what players want to store in there, again, only AH goblin and mass crafter would really cap it.

And old mats hoarder like me who always say “i’ll finish this quest one day” or “I’ll totally level up TBC leather working”

I think this is the one I’d most broadly fall under but I neither think thats really a bad thing nor do I think what the person uses it for really matters.

The price for those last few tabs is just too high.

At the regular bank. I don’t think at the Guild Bank you’ll have access so it’ll be a slog sort of transfer from your guild bank to your inventory to your Warband bank.

But eh. Thats minor.

Tab four and five are simply outrageous. SMH :roll_eyes:
Maybe we should give people less incentive to buy gold with cash.

WoW financial 101 says get on your dragon mount and do some races to make some gold.

Thats around 6000 races to make enough, childs play.

Wow look at all that content to do!

no way that the 2.5mil will go thru lol thats way too much, even 500k is too much.
can see those 2 going down if anything

Its not locked behind token sales…just go out and make the gold…there are many of us that can walk in day 1 and buy all the tabs if we want but I won’t be one of them …I think its wasteful amount for tab 4 and 5…so I’ll stick with 3 tabs and my 5 Personal guild banks I have now.

it’s not about hoarding. it’s about being able to craft from a centralized storage location.

3 Likes

in my legacy bank in SWTOR i store my credits and my crafting materials. and any bound to legacy gear. i assume i will use this similarly.

2 Likes

I don’t really see these as overpriced.

T1 is basically a free tab. It could basically just be free, but it’s an entry point cost that no one cares about. T2 is the real first price point that a small portion of people may not immediately buy, but it’s very affordable. T3 is a noticeable cost and unless you are swimming in gold you won’t buy until you actually have use for it. T4 is basically a flex tab, and T5 is for gold goblins who poop gold.

Could the prices be moderately tweaked? Maybe, but it doesn’t need a massive overhaul. Anyone who plays regularly should be capable of saving up gold for the first three tabs in a very reasonable timeframe, and the fourth is also obtainable, but will admittedly take some meaningful time.

That all being said there’s one glaring issue with the gold cost; WoW token sales. There’s definitely a portion of the playerbase who are going to buy tokens to fuel their warbands…and Blizzard knows it.

I assume it’s meant to be a gold sink… but realistically, it’s just another subtle way to push token sales. At least, in my opinion.

I don’t personally need all the tabs, so the price won’t affect me that much as is… but I certainly wouldn’t argue with making them more reasonable across the board, either.

The real problem with gold sinks in WoW these days is that there’s always going to be scrutiny about why they are pricing things the way they are. It’s not really about X feature is for token sales while Y feature isn’t, it’s just that every time they give us a new ludicrous gold sink we all get to look at WoW tokens and ask ourselves if that’s the reason why they are “price gouging” so to speak whereas prior to the token you just looked at it as a way to try to bring down the available gold in the economy and reward gold goblins with cool/unique things.

2 Likes

Given that it’s Alpha, these prices may just be place holders …I hope!

These are the only ones I think need to really be brought down.

The issues is the last 2-3 tabs.

I haven’t commented on this much cause I don’t want to claim something that isn’t really provable but its hard not to think about it and feel a little annoyed.

I kinda doubt it honestly.

1 Like

There should be a variety of achievements from doing content that will unlock the tabs.

OR you can pay gold, instead.