Warband Tabs Can We Not Overprice This?

Its not overpriced?? Its literally for your ENTIRE ACCOUNT.

1k for 80 slots, thats like 1-2 old raids.
25k for 26k for 160 slots, thats a little bit of questing.
126k for 240 slots, THIS IS ACCOUNT WIDE meaning gold you ear on each character will contribute to this. And why would you need this many slots if you’re not running alts? The 500k one and 2.5million one are just LONG TERM goals if you want because 240 slots is already a TON OF SLOTS. Why on earth do you even need that many slots? There is zero flying mount gold sink now so that alone is 10k saved per character (which is easily obtainable from questing 1-50)
Do you even play this game?

2 Likes

I’ll be able to unlock it, and maybe buy the first tab. When i say that I don’t have much gold, it’s not really an exaggeration. I might have 150k across my entire account.

150k is enough for 3 tabs which is 240 item slots.

1 Like

And then he’s out of gold…

2 Likes

and he can make more, more efficiently, since he now has warband-wide access to crafting mats :slight_smile:

edit: i think i see the problem. people are looking at this as a prestige collectible and not as a tool.

1 Like

I don’t think most people are suppose to.

It’s optional for the folks with way too much gold and not enough things to spend it on.

3 Likes

He’s not out of gold? He would have 34k left. Also he doesnt even need that many bank tabs if hes not lvling alts. You can literally earn 1-2k from soloing an old raid or two. You can solo that raid for every alt. If you really were hurting for gold and truely needed the slots you should have multiple characters anyway.

1 Like

Even as a prestige collectable its ACCOUNT WIDE, there is zero reason you need it all at once. Its a nice long term goal if you dont have boookoos of gold already.,

2 Likes

i completely agree. i am really worried about people who think not having all 5 tabs on day one means it’s useless.

3 Likes

The one feature I was actually excited for… monkey pawed to death out of the gate.

how so? i don’t follow.

edit: oh i get it now. it’s like the scene in that movie where the guy wishes for a free night in a ritzy hotel room. he gets his wish, but when he gets there, there’s a MINI-BAR in the room that he would have to PAY $8 TO EAT A TOBLERONE FROM

truly horrifying!! what a horrible night to have a curse

Here’s the whole problem with that statement. Why is it a companies responsibility to make sure people aren’t spending their money? If I want to charge 300 dollars for a 1/2 eaten hamburger and someone buys it … thats their own stupid fault …

Stop pretending like the companies are responsible for how others spend thier own money.

2 Likes

General financial 101 says “You need money to make money” so if he spent all his gold buying 3 bank tabs and now has no gold his business will begin falling into the red making him either have to devote more time than he finds acceptable (he only has 150k total across all toons right now and we don’t know how long he took to make that) or break down and buy a token to finance the stuff he wants or needs.

Look, again, I understand where you and some of the others are coming from. Not every player NEEDS all 5 tabs, the vast majority of probably players can’t afford 5 tabs. Telling them to “Just do 5 dailies, or one old raid, or sell some ore and you’ll have the gold!” completely invalidates how some people play.

I know a guy who ive played with since wrath who is maxed on the number of characters he can have on 1 bnet account for retail. Thats 60 toons spread across a bunch of servers. He is a very casual player. At one time he’s bought his game time with a physical card from Gamestop each month. All his toons are in various states, some max level others low level, some just for farming rares, some for unrated pvp, a few run LFR. One time when I took a break from the game I gave him 100k gold because i wasn’t sure I was gonna come back. He had never had that much gold on one character since he began playing. It was a life changing amount in his eyes. Fast forward 8 years and he has never gotten above 200k gold all at one time since then. He makes gold yes, but most of it goes to repairs, leveling professions, etc etc all the stuff players spend gold on normally. An account wide bank would be another life changing thing for him. With the amount of toons he has he could centralize storage of mats, pets he wants to sell, BoE’s collected and so on. It’s an awesome QoL feature. But he probably would never get the full benefit of it because its priced out of his reach, and he’s EXACTLY the kind of player its geared for. Yet to you the cost of the last 3 tabs is priced perfectly okay for a QoL feature that’s tied to a brand-new game changing expansion feature because 'nobody needs everything in the game".

For like the 10th time, I understand gold sinks, I agree we need gold sinks. But this? This isn’t a good example of how to implement a gold sink. Adding a QoL feature to the game that many people have desired for a long time, and that’s what it is, and then pricing it in a way that the average player can’t access it fully without a lot of needless extra effort, or resorting to purchasing gold from the company that implemented the QoL feature is gross to me. And again, I can afford it. I’m probably gonna get it asap even though I dont seriously play many alts because I am a collector, i’m a pack rat, and this will make my life easier to continue to be those things. Meanwhile there are players who won’t be able to do that. And that really sucks in my opinion.

2 Likes

the feature exists and is helpful even if you can only buy one tab. that’s the point. all the talk about gold sinks and whatnot is beside the point.

When I said most people I was referring to the people talking about the price. I doubt most of the player base even knows about the pricing as of yet. Right now there is the slow trickle of information. There are also people that will not worry because it is alpha and prices can change. Even if we come to a mass consensus on the forums we are still just a tiny segment of the player base.

3 Likes

Its part and parcel to each other to many players, especially if you read this thread. I don’t think anyone who has posted here really honestly thinks the feature is DOA if they can only purchase the first 2 tabs. If they do, then yeah, I agree with you, they need to reevaluate their life or something, but to a lot of players the optics, the feeling behind the gold cost, is just not good. Extreme example but it would be like Blizzard putting a gold cost on the amount of transmog sets you could save. First 3 save slots are 20,000g, next 7 save slots are1 million gold! Sure you can get by with only 3, and we could argue all day on why players don’t need more than 3 save slots since they can only wear one mog at a time, but its a quality of life feature and its being pay-walled and that doesn’t feel good at all.

2 Likes

What you are describe is someoen who can’t even use 240 bank tabs then. Why do they need 240 bank tabs if they never run old raids, never craft or gather, never quest??? Your friend probably couldnt even use his characters bank tabs much less the 400 tabs from the warband bank.

Saving a tmog is cosmetic and much different than storage for items. In order to get items to store one needs to play the game which passive awards gold. Saving tmogs does not passively award gold. So in order to even NEEED TO USE this bank you NEED to play thus will make GOLD to buy more tabs.

Like 80 slots is a TON of slots, and its only 1k gold which is basically 1 or 2 world quests? That alone is enough for anyone who doesn’t do anyhthing to make gold.

1 Like

Your reading comprehension is way off their friend, please reread what i said. Or here, ill highlight what I wrote for you:

He makes gold yes, but most of it goes to repairs, leveling professions, etc etc all the stuff players spend gold on normally. An account wide bank would be another life changing thing for him. With the amount of toons he has he could centralize storage of mats, pets he wants to sell, BoE’s collected and so on.

He spends a lot time farming, running old raids, and dungeons and has a huge amount of pets and mog he can sell. Sure not all of its worth more than 20g on the AH, but most it doesn’t stack and gets shuffled between all those toons as he sells it or holds it or whatever he chooses to do. Account wide storage would be huge for a player like him. But apparently only people who play the way you do should be able to use it fully.

1 Like

And he can get an account wide bank, 80 slots for 1k. He doesn’t need 400 slots. idk how hes getting all these boes and pets without ever running old content and selling the Bops.

1 Like