Warband bug? My main got deleted

Can we get a halt on the database deletion or something while the feature is no longer working? How hard can it be for them to turn off the database autoclear so that if this take too long to restore it doesn’t permanently delete characters that weren’t intended to be deleted…

1 Like

Should be a non issue unless it takes more then 3 months.

Level 50+ are not purged

A character is eligible for restoration depending on its level at the time you deleted it:

IF YOUR CHARACTER IS… IS IT ELIGIBLE FOR RESTORATION?
Under level 10*, or a Class Trial No
Between levels 10 and 29 Yes, within 90 days of deletion.
Between levels 30 and 49 Yes, within 120 days of deletion.
Level 50 or higher Yes

*Note: Allied races and Hero classes can’t be restored if deleted at their starting levels.

6 Likes

Also the developers dont come here for feedback or suggestions nor do the blues pass it along.

and thats what im worried about lol.

Notes stated a few weeks, not months.

2 Likes

I hope thats the case, but who knows what can happen. /shrug

The developers arent gona let players be without there mains for the lauch of TWW.

It’s looking like it would be best to put your main characters just below your Warband. Move the characters you want to delete into your Warband. At least until this gets addressed.

5 Likes

Or not delete any toons we have a 65 limit.

Somehow I have 69. I’d need to delete 5 to make a new one.

1 Like

Sounds like a display error have you tried a full ui reset :wink: not the same as a reload or uninstalling. Or turning off the addons. :wink:

1 Like

It isn’t. I logged into all the realms showing characters and manually verified the total.

Yep. It’s possible to break the limit.

I had 65 when the limit was 60.

2 Likes

Sorry was trying to be funny.

2 Likes

I got a reply around 11:30pm PST and they restored my main with no issues! Yay! :partying_face: It would be sad to lose a 16 year old!

5 Likes

That’s great news! And good to know that there is, in fact, a way for Blizzard to resolve the issue for players. It did seem incredulous that there would be no way to help players in this situation. Losing access to your main character, even for a few weeks, is pretty devastating. For others in this situation, hopefully your tickets are resolved successfully as well, although it’s odd that Hellvita would get her toon restored but Viennah would not. Perhaps Viennah could reopen her ticket in light of this new development.

1 Like

I think the self character restore is down for a few weeks but in the case of the warband bug deleting characters that you are not highlighted on to delete a dev can go in and manually restore it.

Though they probably take a look at logs to see if it really did delete the wrong character and that you are not just saying that because after deleting you have second thoughts.

On that note I plan on waiting until this bug is sorted to delete my toons on the scrap pile so I don’t lose one I want to keep

There probably wasn’t a solution the GM’s could help with a couple of days ago though.

If Viennah puts in another ticket, they’ll hopefully get the character restored too.

4 Likes

Perhaps. Still seemed suited for a ticket, even if it would need to be escalated to get a positive result.

… which is why I said:

2 Likes

This just happened to me!!! HELP!