Warband Bank is honestly really bad

You’re right and I never did say anything different. My point was, that a guild bank is bigger and so much cheaper, that the advantage of the warbank does by no means outweigh the price difference. It’s not even same big. The guild bank has 8 tabs from which you can get 6 without any guild achievements for I think it was 9350 gold (or something like that).

Also usually you’ll create the guild + guild bank on a bank char and add his personal bank, reagent bank and bagspace to it. That way you can even store warbound items.
You get over 1.000 slots for less than 11.000 gold compared with 490 slots for 3.126.000 gold. You get over 2.000 slots for less than the price of the second tab alone.

You can buy i.e. one or two tabs of the warbank, use them for short term storage and for easily moving things around between your bank char(s) and your toons + main. You’ll save a ton of gold and still have a lot of convenience. Or buy the third tab as well and have even more short term storage.

Yes, the warbank has some advantages and if you buy only a few tabs 1~3 the advantages in my eyes clearly outweigh the added cost, but if you come to tab 4 and 5? Not even close.

I could easily afford the first 4 tabs. For now I did buy one and I’m considering buying a second for convenience. The rest will continue to go into bank chars. There is just not enough incentive for paying those ridiculous prices for the last 2 tabs.

250k to 350k total for all tabs together would be reasonable to me and I know there will still be enough saying it’s too expensive.

I love it, but I would never buy all the tabs. I don’t need them anyways. The problems you point out effect such a small number of people it’s likely not worth the resources to “correct.”

Things like transfers between accounts, where items are destroyed in one place and created in another, are where dupes come from.

It’s nontrivial to make an action like this atomic, so that 100.000% of the time it either completes successfully or rolls back successfully.

So any feature like that has to be designed and implemented very, very carefully, so that player network shenanigans and other chaos monkey tomfoolery doesn’t create havoc.

1 Like

Maybe you should go back to the start of this conversation and read what was said because you are just embarrassing yourself at this point in time.

Here you go - this was what was suggested to put the all the currencies into the warband bank. Now if you think that is superior to how they have it now then I don’t know what to say to you other than I will be putting you on ignore because you are wasting my time.

1 Like

Agreed. Warband bank was designed with a single account in mind. Which is the situation for the majority.

It’s fine and it works great for me.

2 Likes

Except your missing the entire point of the warband bank. It’s not just a bank. It’s a bank for reputation and account bound things generally not able to be swapped. Stop crying because it costs so much gold.

1 Like

Rep has nothing to do with the bank itself, what you mean is the warband in general. Same goes for the currencies (except for gold) and you can stay with one tab to “easily swap” warbound items from char to char…or use the mailbox. :wink:

The entry level of the feature is not overpriced, what is overpriced are tab 4 and 5 and depending on your standpoint tab 3 as well. I don’t even bother repeating the reasons again, check more up in the thread.

Nope they don’t.

1 Like

Again gold sinks are there. Always have been. Stop crying about it.

Nobody (here) is crying about a working gold sink. This one is dysfunctional at best. Stop trying to invalidate peoples opinion by attacking them personally. :wink:

I just go into the bank in Valdrakken and click on a warband tab. No cooldown.

I don’t think I have used the ability given at all.

3 Likes

The scarlet tabard I have was bop when I got it. Is there an unbound version? Or maybe mine is too recent.

Wait what?

We have an actual “Warbank” we can go to?

I did not know this and the game didn’t tell me about it, or if it did I missed it.

Mobile WB still doesn’t need a cooldown but I thank you kindly for this great information!

The most I have used it is when listing a work order and it wouldn’t pull the mats out of the bank. Was either drop it and get the mats in the bank. Or flap away then come back.

Yes. Speak to any banker in the game. It will be tabs on your personal bank.

2 Likes

Massive /hugs to you dear! This is so helpful, thank you once again!

1 Like

I think the issue is people built it up into some fantastical system when it never was. Its a bad habit of wow players. Im old enough to remember the hype when scenarios,ap,azerite,island expeditions , warfronts (I personally enjoyed the last two), covenants, torghast, multiple legendary items you could craft, etc.

A long standing issue with the community is they are told the specific of what a thing will be. Then immediately build up some impossible dream by expanding its scope way past the stated design. War band banks are fine. They are a serviceable account wide bank tab and are a gold sink like they are in almost every other mmo.

1 Like

Exactly. Like when cross-realm trading was announced and a lot of people assumed that meant cross-realm mail too. :person_facepalming: :rofl:

The problem is, even if it is a gold sink. As long as Blizz is not making sure to give people an incentive to choose tab 4 and 5 over yet another bank char, etc, it is not going to work.

Depends. WoW has absurdly rich players. I could buy multiplayer multiple bmah mounts from my habit of selling carries while filling my vault durig progression.

WoW also has gambling addicts in the form of whales who will buy tokens to fund it.

Its a luxury cost for a luxury feature. Ive not bought more then one tab myself because I can’t ever see myself using more then one. I still use a mule character to hold onto boa gear.