War Within CE Epic Edition Game Key

I got my War Within CE today in the mail and with it my Epic Edition Game Key. Upon trying to redeem the code both through the battle.net website and the launcher, I recieve an error saying it can’t be claimed. the format of the code I recieved doesnt seem to match the format prompted by the redemption field either. How do I redeem my key and access my epic edition content?

1 Like

Historically the key was printed onto a card enclosed inside the CE, was this the case here?

Yep, it’s in a envelope in the box. I’ve got the exact same thing happening to me where it goes through the motions- sees the Epic Edition, has you pick the account, but then fails on the final confirmation with “Oops! Something went wrong.” and then bounces you back to entering the code. Did Blizzard not enable redemptions yet or what?

Yeah the little envelope like other CEs is there however the code is formatted as 4-4-5-4-4 whereas the redeem code box on the account page is formatted as 4-4-4-4 so it just errors. and all it says on the card is go to battle.net/code to redeem and that just redirects to the battle.net homepage

Just as another route to try - you can also try claiming the code on the Battle.net launcher.

If you click on your user icon on the upper right hand corner, you’ll have an option to “Redeem Code.” Granted, it too is laid out in groups of 4, but it doesn’t hurt to try putting it in there to see if it’ll go through?

1 Like

I tried the phone app, the website and the launcher and none of them work. The code’s clearly valid, it just won’t accept it.

1 Like

Alrighty, thank you! I was just hoping trying something beyond the website might do the trick. Perhaps when our SFAs get into the office this morning, they may be able to poke at a few folks.

1 Like

Question - you got this from the gear store?

Are you certain you got it from the NA gear store?

We have seen a few reports where the wrong region may be involved - they are working on addressing that.

9 Likes

It was the wrong region, but since that wasn’t advertised on either of the stores (region lock isn’t mentioned as existing on either storefront) I was issued a replacement key by CS after giving them a photo of the current Epic Edition key.

You guys really need to pull a Square Enix and plaster that region stuff all over your stores, because as an Australian we all natively speak UK/British English but the region we play in US/Oceanic and there was no communication about how to order the CE in Australia. Language wise, it’s easy for us to order either from USA or the UK because of this issue and a massive disclaimer would do wonders for everyone.

1 Like

Glad they could get you sorted.

That’s a thing - both in game keys and time. NA and EU are totally separate licenses and gametime. Usually your browser will switch you to the store based on your location, but you could actually play in either. Just important to remember.

6 Likes

Blizzard websites need to disclose it more thoroughly, because the Gear shops don’t have it written anywhere and nor does the game box. You guys might know it, but there’s no way for customers to know about region lock when buying physical goods. You can pass that up to whoever’s responsible for physical goods, because that’s gonna give your Legal department an aneurysm when they find out as the lack of upfront disclosure is illegal both here in and in Europe.

It also doesn’t automatically switch because there is no Australian store. Both stores are happy to show the goods in AUD. Blizzard normally sorts this issue out by having games distributed through EB Games when the expansions are announced - this didn’t happen with TWW and the expansion only appeared in EB Games this week with no prior notice to Australian customers. Again, this is easily fixed and wasn’t an issue for either Shadowlands or BFA.

1 Like

There is one trick to tell the difference, at least on physical goods you see in person.

The rating for NA is ESRB, for EU, is PEGI.

If they show a pic of the box and it doesn’t have ESRB - that’s not NA.

5 Likes

If you want to give feedback, you’d want to do it in-game or through, I believe the battle net forums. The CS forum has no bearing on what changes the website or store.

3 Likes

Thanks for that info. I had purchased mine through the Australian Retailer EB Games, and the code has the australian rating printed on it. If what youre saying is correct then it appears despite being order through an Oceania region store, a European region code was printed on my order. Good to hear steps are being taken to resolve it and CS should be able to fix this

3 Likes

I don’t need that, I left them extensive feedback about following compliance in my feedback to the ticket.

1 Like

Gear stores seem to have EU, UK and US variants. But when navigating to EU or UK .gear.blizzard sites it very much request to verify if I mean to go to these sites, or the US site.

A google search might have bypassed that though, not sure. There are probably Canadians that want to order the French version through the EU store though specifically because it is the only client /region that supports the French client.

Not sure why you did not get that notice, and I see the staff were able to rectify this. I guess this is for future searches, make sure you are on a site that shows US in the link for the US region, UK or EU for the EU specific region.

3 Likes

That would be more of a Quebec thing, however our government requires bilingual English and French for all products. I think that only the packaging though.

Just to point it out, Blizzard didn’t sent the packages, it’d be the folks who was given the colds and items. Blizzard themselves don’t make all of the stuff you see in the box.

While that is perfectly understandabale, it is unusal that at least with mine, everything has correct australian information and ratings printed yet the code envolope has the wrong region’s code pronted despite also having the correct australian rating info printed in it.

Looking at the sleve on my box it does say under distribution an Australian division listed as being in shdney alongside the US, UK and Irish distribution adresses

The place you purchased the CE from made the purchase order. Which region they chose for the purchase is on them, not on Blizzard.

5 Likes