War of the Thorns killed the Warcraft franchise

Lady Inerva Darkvein still had plenty of anima canisters filled up when we went into the raid.

I refuse to think too much about Shadowlands, but part of us being Very Special People was our status as living beings full of potential~ or whatever.

Presumably that applies to live things. Undead things. Whatever.

4 Likes

I mean okay, but the point remains that the overwhelming store was fed to Zoovy, not Denadaddy.

And with all that power, he did… not very much. Almost poked a device that might have done something.

I don’t know. Maybe soul energy is kind of useless.

Zovaal didn’t even put up much of a fight after we turned the Helm of Domination into Pelagos’ crown. Most of the damage from Zovaal’s fight came from the First One machinery rather than him.

We literally had to unmake him.

So my conclusion is that the player characters’ abilities vary and anima’s only real use was getting me moth mounts.

12 Likes

Your conclusion is false.
It was getting me this dumb transmog.
https://media.discordapp.net/attachments/521772427060051979/1122083667632721920/image.png?width=429&height=473

6 Likes

Fair. The life energy of the souls beyond the veil was handy in the cosmetic sense, anyway.

5 Likes

I wasted so many nights getting that dumb shoulder.
I will never enter torghast again.
Unless I’m drunk I guess.

Given that killing an Eternal One just frees up their spirits to be revived again like Denathrius will inevitably be, preventing that for Zovaal wasn’t any different from getting Kel’Thuzad’s phylactery for real this time.

That is not what happened.

::he would gently grasp Amadis’s hand, and lead him on the path to understanding.::

Denadaddy’s mourneblade caught his soul so that it couldn’t be destroyed.
Then the players and the naaru imprisoned the sword.
Then Malganis freed the sword.

So he is coming back, but not because he is immune to death.

Though to be clear, we did not kill Zovaal. We unmade him. So he isn’t coming back short of a First One remaking him.

1 Like

We used up Zovaal’s replacement body to make Pelagos the Arbiter any way.

Shadowlands remains the only expac where I just peaced out of endgame and leveled alts, sometimes unsubscribed.

Someday I will have to farm rep there, but my orc, troll and night elf soul was out of patience really fast. (The dwarves weren’t stomped on, so that part was okay.)

But I still got all the campaign mogs, partially out of spite so I’d know what I was kvetching about.

6 Likes

Coming this fall to CBS: the whacky roommate dramadey!

Or it would be, if either of them had discernable personalities.

1 Like

imo cataclysm and bfa both remain infinitely worse than shadowlands.

also, shadowlands had excellent transmog
https://i.imgur.com/g03FO6t.jpg

2 Likes

This is a bit tongue in cheek, but I cannot immediately dismiss it. I remember doing Siege of Orgrimmar, and after fighting Nazgrim, Gamon talked about him being an orc with honor.

I was thinking “…no, he’s not. You’re not honorable if you know that you are doing something dishonorable, and you just go along with it. You cannot honorably carry out dishonorable orders.” I mean…in order to get to him, you have to pass goblins being attached to targets (some of whom have been killed) and orcish civilians being forced to fight to the death while the military watches. Goblins are forced to dance in the auction house. And that’s just the stuff with the Horde.

In Shadowmoon Valley, when you meet with Ner’zhul’s wife (I think Rukhan?), she says that her people sided with the Iron Horde and used forbidden magic because otherwise, they would have been destroyed.

I…what? Isn’t that the the time when you’re supposed to stand up for your principles and dignity? To go for death before dishonor? Or in the case of Nazgrim, to openly say “I will not do this, and I will accept the consequences of my actions”? Not “I’m going to go along with this person killing my people, but boy am I going to sometimes say I don’t like it”.

You know who had honor? Tirion Fordring. He was told to kill an orc, said “No, this person has done me no wrong, and even saved my life”. He was stripped of his rank, his holdings, his…everything, and forced to live out in a hut in the middle of the Plaguelands. And he did that, because he understood his actions had consequences.

That’s honor.

Yes. This. It ends up…well, feeling like that image put up earlier that I chuckled at more than I should…because that’s kind of what they (the writers) are treating it like.

4 Likes

Shadowlands is far and away my least favorite, though Cata aged… amusingly badly and it wasn’t that fun at the time.

BFA had decent PvP which let me tune out a lot… and playable Zandalari and Dark Iron.

I never really played WOD. Not through any fault of its own, though it had those, but just because I was in even more rural Alaska and the internet did not allow it.

3 Likes

implying murder of nelf is a bad thing

tl;dr, lol. Shadowlands is the best expansion since classic. Best story, location, side activities, quests, class tuning.

Tastes, much like the player character power level, vary wildly.