War of the Thorns killed the Warcraft franchise

The Night elves lost literally nothing. All their leaders are alive, their army is fully intact and they are about to get a new tree. Get in line and help fix the Horde problems first before you cry about nameless, faceless NPCs.

1 Like

Both solutions do have their drawbacks sure. A revamp where people loose all the rare gear they farmed for outfits I think is going to hurt a lot more people in the end though.

4 Likes

Cataclysm was 13 years ago. It is about time we update the old world again.

1 Like

Cata only updated the old world because it literally needed to be rebuilt to allow for flying, that’s the main reason it was done

4 Likes

The world is still not balanced. The alliance has two more zones they can safley quest in without being disturbed. The devs should fix that issue first.

Yeah. Though I was also considering the third option of Blizz addressing the trailing player effects from the WoT, requiring some kind of show of competent and successful force by the night elves against the Horde/Sylvanas loyalists, which has its own issues that Pellex and I mentioned earlier.

And, if that is off the table, I’d rather that Blizz outright retcon the Burning than leave the current scenario in place.

4 Likes

There is no current scenario. It was removed after Bfa went live. Stop being dramatic.

Let me phrase it a gain:

NAMELESS
NPCs
ARE
NOT
A
REAL
LOSS

1 Like

I think at this rate it’s best to just retcon all of WoW and rebuild the game without factions. The factions have caused more harm to the IP and player than good. And I’m frankly tired of Blizzard talking big game about tolerance and understanding while gaslighting them with faction drama for cheap story beats.

1 Like

This kind of response always makes me think of “Stop crying because your dog died. It’s only an animal. It’s not like a person or anything.”

14 Likes

Honestly the bigger issue imo of war of thorns is that it was available for 2 weeks then removed entirely. This momentous event that spurred like 3 expansion worth of content, so far and has been referenced time and time again and players cant even play it. I remember coming back to wow early BFA and it took me like 4 or 5 months to even figure out what happened.

8 Likes

Your dog is a real living being with emotional attachement. What you cry over are pixxels without a title who got offed for shock value. Be happy your don’t get the Horde treatment. Otherwise Malfurion and Tyrande would no longer be part of the story. But Blizzard shows they are listening because by the end of the expansion a new tree will be there.

1 Like

Some people cry in front of movies though. Because it is pixels doesn’t mean it can’t provide emotions.

10 Likes

Burn it. Burn it to the ground. Long live sylvanas.

No way. Human pallies are 15 year old boys with hero complexes (most of alliance is for that matter). In no way shape or form do i want that associated with my game state.

1 Like

Why though?

I’ve had to put up with them since factions were a thing. It’s your turn to suffer by proximity.

4 Likes

Yeah, I’m of the opinion that it never should have been allowed to go live the way it was set up. That singular event may have permanently divided the community.

8 Likes

To keep the war alive. Its World of WARcraft. Not knitting class at joann fabrics. Sylvanas was the best warchief to boot. Take the horde back to its roots.

At least you understand where im coming from.

2 Likes

Okay.
Now re read what I typed.