Want to play healer

I wanna try healer for the first time ever, I’m wondering which healer would be good for a started and decent at climbing arena. So far I’m thinking holy priest because I like their animations, but idk how good their cc which I’d like to have since healers get focused a lot.

hpriest or hpal

Yea? Do priests have ok cc to get people off you?

They have healer training wheel abilities like holy ward and that giant ground ability that prevents them from being kicked

Holy Priest is decent to learn in 2s. In 3s you need to play with other casters or you’ll be run down

Hpal. I mained a warrior and have played a DK, Feral, and Rogue. I literally just started playing holy last month and is my first ever healer ever. The spells are straight forward, you got a couple of insta heals, infusion of light, and if you suck at juking like i do, theres that 20-second cd pvp talent that makes your holy or flash of light uninterruptable on next cast.

Hmmm ok awesome, decent cc?

Decent. If u play double deeps u can hoj and blind. Healer dps u can hoj and repent. Plus u get to wear plate!!! (Coolest looking transmog is plate imo lol)

Wait priest can transmog plate??? Wtf? XD

disc priest is super easy. less buttons than demon hunter.

i boosted one 6 days ago and im literally topping damage some of the bgs i play, lol.

i know my team mates r garbage scum, but still… how does a 6 day old healer with no gear, no traits, no corruption top damage? lol.

and it seems like we r getting mega buff in SL

Disc priest imo. Super easy. Less buttons than havoc dh. Oops lmao didn’t even notice I already posted. But yeah. Disc priest is super easy and strong

There were a few good threads not that long ago about beginner healing advice in arenas. I’d advise reading them instead of most of the comments above me.

1 Like

Resto shaman is pretty good. Their wolf form makes them nearly invincible, don’t need CC when you have ghost wolf

Tbh yea resto shamans I’m very interested in, I just hear they can get focused pretty easily.

It depends on the meta / matchup, but yes Resto shaman usually get’s trained. But they have a lot of tools to deal with that now, but tools I mean ghost wolf. The Dew showcases it in many videos, here in my favorite one:

In terms of skill cap, resto druid/disc priest are the highest. In terms of skill floor disc priest is the highest. Pally/HPriest is the easiest (hpriest is a meme at this point, haven’t seen one in 3s in forever and in 2s just with destro locks greater heal spam). RSham/Monk are somewhere in the middle.

Starting out as healer, I would suggest mistweaver or hpal.

1 Like

Rdruid has been and always be an S tier healer, I would suggest, really learning Rdruid, since you already have a druid. Not to mention with how cyclone works and the play style, it’ll really get you in the feel of learning when to cc, when to heal. You have bear form to get to help when melee gets on you, and shifting to cat/bear/travel form will keep you from getting poly’d if you get caught in a bad position.

You will get planted every match and ran over as a Rshammy. It’s hard to learn and you will probably rage quit out of shear frustration before you are able to improve enough to live.
I speak from experience. I tried and grew super frustrated while trying it out. I’m sure it got the tool kit to succeed but, the learning curve isn’t very noob healer friendly for PvP imo.

What priest is this that you have? I don’s see it on your alts, sir. What you’re stating is not believable. Hitting high on damage list in a random bg is doable as Disc, however, under certain circumstances one of which including your teammates have to be damn near brain dead.

Id say disc priest/rshammy are some of the funest more skillful healers, monk is also really fun too.

Just lmk if you need any of the disc priest or rsham macros, or any healer macros for that matter.

Might wanna give this thread a read.