Easiest healer on ptr?

thinking about rolling healer for SL. I’ve never healed besides some dungeons here or there, but definitely not anything competitive or an arena environment.

If i were to try and get into it for shadowlands, what would be some of the easier choices for me to get the hang of healing and see how i like it?

I was leaning towards paladin because i know they have a lot of get out of jail free cards but i’ve also heard mixed reviews about the holy power system. havent had a chance to test it myself.

i dont care about the meta. just wanna see some opinions on something a little less punishing

2 Likes

Really depends on tuning on which healer will be ‘easiest’ come shadowlands. Id suggest whatever you have fun with, while learning to heal will be the best thing. You’ll get good with whatever you have fun with.

Holy Pally isn’t in a good spot but is on the easy side. Rdruid is strong but has a really big skill cap to min/max. MW is easy if you play the easy talents, but has issues in a RM meta.

The easiest healers are the worst ones atm.

1 Like

This might not be 100% up to date for Shadowlands as I do sniff glue ̶o̶̶c̶̶c̶̶a̶̶s̶̶i̶̶o̶̶n̶̶a̶̶l̶̶l̶̶y̶ a lot but mistweaver is the most straightforward when it comes to healing. Aka you sit back and heal.

Every other healer has a gimmick or two that can be very overwhelming for new healers.

Holy paladin has to rush into melee range to build up resources.
Disc priest has to do damage for maximum healing. Having to interact with 6 player frames in 3v3 can be fairly overwhelming.
Resto shaman is similar to disc priest as in purge and interrupt has to be used efficiently on top of healing your team and spirit link totem is a hard to use defensive cooldown due to the positional requirement.
Resto druid has forms and affinities which take a while getting used to and endless semi-changing keybinds. As example something as niche and rarely used as bear form physical aoe attack changes based on the chosen affinity. Nothing with balance affinity, swipe with feral affinity and thrash with guardian affinity.
Hots are also in a questionable position atm where they don’t heal for much,cost a ton of mana and a full row of hots is absolute required to do any form of serious casted or burst healing.

2 Likes

MW is Better for new entrant. Insane Mobility and with those Venthyr Ability they will be sick. For Paladin as a new healer you will hard cast a lot and you will be standing in melee range. Both are troublesome for a new pally healer.

I havent played it myself but i did see gorecki legit instagibbing people as disc priest like a week ago or so, not sure if anything has changed since

Id say rdruid is prolly easiest healer because they are are extremely forgiving in terms of mobility and only one defensive to rotate. Also much easier to avoid cc as a rdruid by just simply shifting (which also clears your snares, give movement form/tank and makes you immune to polymorph effects).

TBH man, if you really care about getting into and healing arenas you need to play what you find funnest. That will get you through the frustrating nights, where things just aint goin your way.

1 Like

I don’t understand how those things, even if they were true, make them the easiest healer.

The easiest healer I’ve played in Shadowlands, by far, is Holy Pally. They are missing something, but this whole “have to stand in melee to heal” isn’t correct. You have to cast now with spells that aren’t .5 seconds. A big change for BFA Paladins, but a needed one. Pay attention to kicks and win, don’t and get punished.

MW has an easy build similar to this season’s. Could see them end up being cleave healers that just sit in the back and do very little.

BUT, the new Fist Weaving/EM build might even have higher hps than turret healing and is WAY more fun and engaging. So we could so MW contribute in games other than turret healing.

easiest to hardest

MW > Hpal > Rsham > Rdruid/Disc (tied, both have the highest skillcap)

I was thinking of potentially swapping to disc for SL, what makes them the hardest to play?

AHAHHAjahhahahahaaaaaaa

Just play whatever looks fun to you honestly it’ll make you interested longer and you’ll get good eventually anyways! I think monk and hpal are the easier healers but there is a skill gap to all of them at the end of the day.

1 Like

You must not have beta if you think Rdruid is the easiest healer. If you think Holy Pally is anything but easy I doubt you’ve played in any other expansion, or played ANY another healer this expansion.

Holy Paly is so easy that getting Glad on it in BFA felt less rewarding to me then finishing a T3 set off the BM that I’ve never even used.

Just curious, do you have another account you play on?

I just dont see any paladin experience for you on check pvp.

But either way I dont think rdruid is all that skillful of a healer, op should play what they find funnest though, nothing nowadays is really all that skillful.

Almost as if that website isn’t reliable. For Healers in BFA, I’ve played Druid, Pally, and Monk to glad. Nothing was easier than Pally, albeit Monk sure came close.

Have you even played Disc or Rdruid before? Or do you only stick to the easy healers? And like I said before, you must not have beta or played something remotely skill based if you think Rdruid is easier than Holy Pally.

And druid too? Amazing! that dosent show up either. Would you mind logging over for me, just to show me?

Just for little olde me?

Iv played disc and very much so looking to forward to playing rshammy in SL. I even played a little bit of rdruid back in cata believe it or not!

See that makes me think you really don’t know what you’re talking about or have any arena experience if someone getting glad on Rdruid/Hpal surprises you.

So you haven’t played any of them on beta, have never played Rdruid, but you say it’s the easiest. Your opinion sure means a lot.

agreed except i would probably put holy priest after hpal and before rsham in your ranking

Well then I sure do hope you understand my skepticism about your healing experience then.

Thank you!

See my monk’s name? Type that into armory. Then remove the s and add a u. I hope your brain didn’t explode.