Wait...they removed infinite torghast and locked it to 18 floors?

My favorite “dilemma” the community presents is that the community (rightfully) hates infinite grinding, but also a portion of the community also hates time-gating. This is part of the core problem with the WoW community - the WoW community isn’t one people, but several groups of people that Blizzard is trying to hold onto. It’s like you have two dogs each on a leash and they’re running in different directions, and when Blizzard goes with the dog tugging one way, the other dog starts yelping. And yes, the community are dogs in this scenario.

2 Likes

Sorry, GD Chicken Little was running.

I noticed about a week ago Torghast runs stopping at 18. That was the thing I was most excited about, infinite torghast runs. Now I am not excited at all.

2 Likes

How can you not see that is exactly what a boring literal treadmill that is to begin with? You have extremely low standards for content.

Well the early versions of it looked rather interesting. It was something different and I was hoping they would continue to improve it…instead we have this. I was wrong :frowning:

Yea the idea its self is flawed its like putting 10 dungeons together then swaping the line up.And the designed it purely for esports which im soo tired of them trying to shove that crap at us.

It feels like a bait and switch to me. :+1:

2 Likes

They obviously found that what they built failed the “infinite” bar. So rather than giving us a broken system, they capped it. Not the worst decision.

And if he gets significant backlash on his hot takes he can say he got “threats” to drum up those sweet sweet drama clicks.

1 Like

They should cap it at floor 99 or 100 if they are going to cap it. And make it very unlikely that you’ll get there. Perhaps the floors are larger than I expect and it will be fine, but floor 18 for a “rogue like” experience does not sound very far to me.

2 Likes

They can cap it if they want but they still have an obligation to make it work. :100:

1 Like

To be fair I’m kinda turned off by Shadowlands the more ‘iterations’ they do. The progression was seemingly so easy in Alpha for Torghast which I thought tuning would fix BUT this current version of Torghast seems like a vast difference to what I saw at the reveal from Kubit etc…

3 Likes

Torghast expedition. Reach X floor or collect X for weekly reward, then never touch again until next week.

1 Like

I tough it was 8 floor for leg mat and infinte for those transmog collector that they said. Would be weird to cap at 18 to collect to unique transmog gear

This is what depresses me. If they kept Torghast more or less the same as it was in alpha and tune the monsters for our growing power this feature could have been a smashing hit. There was so much potential and they ruined it! :frowning:

2 Likes

Yup, it’s kinda odd and somewhat annoying how they’ve structured it. I want to like Shadowlands and give it a chance but they seem to have a knack of obsessively reworking things into the ground FOR ME at least.

2 Likes

After reading this thread I’m convinced WoW’s playerbase is just a bunch of negative nannies…Jesus.

1 Like

Forums, yes. But people were REALLY hyped for Torghast in the Alpha stages. Blizzard just really over-works their content.

Some are fine with it, others have a right to voice their displeasure. Not everyone gobbles up everything Blizz does… ya’ know.

1 Like

you are :man_shrugging:

1 Like

i would say this is pretty spot on.