Waaah! Not my free epix! I quit!

PvP is supposed to be about skill, not time investment. Your point is moot.

Except this is literally not how arenas were until season 4 of TBC. So you are the one reinventing the game’s history.

It’s been made pretty clear they don’t care about the “game’s history” anymore.

Requiring a rating to purchase is fine. Requiring rating “to equip” is asanine.

and now it wont be, it will be about gear

You’re going to have to explain your logic on this one.

I wouldn’t have such an issue with it if the rating were something feasible for more players. But 2k for certain items? Give me a break.

And yes, the equip portion has to be the stupidest part of all of this - I overlooked that before you pointed it out.

Why not just remove arenas entirely? It sure seems like that is the goal in practicality.

1 Like

This means if you love arena and do well you have to stop playing once you get your gear or risk losing it. Yikes.

1 Like

lmao people will be paying $1,000+ for gladiator you clearly have no idea how profitable and prevalent boosting is in retail.

Piloting and boosting will be massive in TBC and this change will only make it 10x worse.

3 Likes

Top teams will make a ton of gold off this by either carries, or working with other teams to trade wins. The only thing this does is shut out the casual base that won’t spend gold.

im ok with rating requirements
but starting at 0 instead of 1500?
thats the reason Retail arena is dead
just like Retail

1 Like

Wouldnt no rating requirements make it more about skill? rating requirement just makes people have an advantage over those below them.

rating requirement for shoulders and weapons are ok since its a prestige/reward thing
and you still get the other 15/16 pvp pieces
but starting at 0 is just a dumb move
imagine having to play and win 200-400 games just to equip your legs

there is a reason retail arena is one giant meme and nobody wants to push rating

Just seems like a bad decision in general, and seems like it will push arena players into pve in order to access gear faster

The only thing BAD about this is the 0 starting rating. You have to grind to 2200 to get your shoulders? Then grind baby, what the problem with that? You wanted free epics and leave arena? You wanted to re-do your team every single week for free arena points? That is just so damn stupid.
Take league for example, you CANT get to challenger easily, you have to grind for it, and it may take some time to do so.

Again why is this change bad? It won’t kill pvp comunity, we have crossrealm pvp enviroment, it just won’t kill it.

And I’m PRETTY SURE that Blizzard made a mistake while writing the gear needed for purchasing/equiping, take R14 for example: your rank will decay BUT if you managed to get R14 then you can buy all the weapons, does that mean you need R14 to wear them? No, just to buy it. I bet many of you saw a Corporate or Knight wielding Grand Marshal gear. I hope I’m right with this last one though

Kinda feel you here. i’m starting to get the feeling that most complaints are from inadequate players. The RP’rs don’t care, and will find their fun like they always have. The end game champions don’t care, because they will still min/max and figure out the easiest, and fastest ways to clear things.

Then there is the middling group who want to be as successful as the end game elites, but lack the time or skill to join their ranks.

It becomes very “hard” to gear for Defense when you have to literally gem for it or wear prior raid gear to keep up. Nothing like getting high end T6 and Sunwell “tank” pieces that are filled to the brim with Stamina, Expertise, and Hit, but not a shred of Defense.

Bracers are the only slot that don’t come with significant drawbacks, whereas belt/boots are held back by having no sockets. This is especially prevalent in Sunwell gearing where our bracers, belt, and boots are actually T6 pieces and the aforementioned lack of Defense on our usual gearing slots.

Fasc and Fasciae are indeed the same person, they’re me.

It gets the most awkward ironically moving into T6 and beyond. Crimson Paragon Cover is just an amazing cloak and yet NO DEFENSE. We’re all but forced into using something like Shadowmoon Insignia (and dropping 51 Stamina) and/or using the Resilience themed helm enchant. It isn’t too game breaking, but it is annoying to have to temper your gear options and flexibility based on how high you can actually climb in Arena.

Who pooped in your cereal this morning?

That being said!

https://us.forums.blizzard.com/en/wow/t/burning-crusade-classic-beta-notes-may-4/938907/6

Equip requirement gone, prior season gear has no rating requirement.

Amassing Honor Points and BG tokens will be the name of the game for Feral. Blah.

This is irrelevant come Sunwell as you will be able to cheese your way to previous seasons’ Gladiator gear, which are only slightly worst than current season gear.

I think everyone pretty much knew this was going to be the case but of course no one let that stop them from screaming that the sky is falling

1 Like

u do thats why i skip your posts