Waaah! Not my free epix! I quit!

Wouldnt no rating requirements make it more about skill? rating requirement just makes people have an advantage over those below them.

rating requirement for shoulders and weapons are ok since its a prestige/reward thing
and you still get the other 15/16 pvp pieces
but starting at 0 is just a dumb move
imagine having to play and win 200-400 games just to equip your legs…
there is a reason retail arena is one giant meme and nobody wants to push rating

Just seems like a bad decision in general, and seems like it will push arena players into pve in order to access gear faster

The only thing BAD about this is the 0 starting rating. You have to grind to 2200 to get your shoulders? Then grind baby, what the problem with that? You wanted free epics and leave arena? You wanted to re-do your team every single week for free arena points? That is just so damn stupid.
Take league for example, you CANT get to challenger easily, you have to grind for it, and it may take some time to do so.

Again why is this change bad? It won’t kill pvp comunity, we have crossrealm pvp enviroment, it just won’t kill it.

And I’m PRETTY SURE that Blizzard made a mistake while writing the gear needed for purchasing/equiping, take R14 for example: your rank will decay BUT if you managed to get R14 then you can buy all the weapons, does that mean you need R14 to wear them? No, just to buy it. I bet many of you saw a Corporate or Knight wielding Grand Marshal gear. I hope I’m right with this last one though

Kinda feel you here. i’m starting to get the feeling that most complaints are from inadequate players. The RP’rs don’t care, and will find their fun like they always have. The end game champions don’t care, because they will still min/max and figure out the easiest, and fastest ways to clear things.

Then there is the middling group who want to be as successful as the end game elites, but lack the time or skill to join their ranks.

It becomes very “hard” to gear for Defense when you have to literally gem for it or wear prior raid gear to keep up. Nothing like getting high end T6 and Sunwell “tank” pieces that are filled to the brim with Stamina, Expertise, and Hit, but not a shred of Defense.

Bracers are the only slot that don’t come with significant drawbacks, whereas belt/boots are held back by having no sockets. This is especially prevalent in Sunwell gearing where our bracers, belt, and boots are actually T6 pieces and the aforementioned lack of Defense on our usual gearing slots.

Fasc and Fasciae are indeed the same person, they’re me.

It gets the most awkward ironically moving into T6 and beyond. Crimson Paragon Cover is just an amazing cloak and yet NO DEFENSE. We’re all but forced into using something like Shadowmoon Insignia (and dropping 51 Stamina) and/or using the Resilience themed helm enchant. It isn’t too game breaking, but it is annoying to have to temper your gear options and flexibility based on how high you can actually climb in Arena.

Who pooped in your cereal this morning?

That being said!

https://us.forums.blizzard.com/en/wow/t/burning-crusade-classic-beta-notes-may-4/938907/6

Equip requirement gone, prior season gear has no rating requirement.

Amassing Honor Points and BG tokens will be the name of the game for Feral. Blah.

This is irrelevant come Sunwell as you will be able to cheese your way to previous seasons’ Gladiator gear, which are only slightly worst than current season gear.

I think everyone pretty much knew this was going to be the case but of course no one let that stop them from screaming that the sky is falling

1 Like

u do thats why i skip your posts

They don’t need to maintain the rating dummy

So you just had to come stir the pot with an insulting title.
Maybe some of us would like to play the game as close to as it was at least the first time through.

this is in no way going to hurt good pvpers. people who are actually good at pvp are going to get the gear easily, and arent concerned about dropping below that rating. good pvpers pvp because they LIKE pvp, not for the gear. this is the most sideways BS reasoning ive heard.

the only way this could possibly hurt good pvpers, is if it decreases arena participation, which i doubt it will do much to. almost everyone here is severely overreacting to what was ALREADY IN TBC. things like weapons are actually going to be EASIER to get due to how inflation is going to work with the modern mmr system.

classic community: i cant believe how greedy actiblizz is with the cash shop whats next they gonna put raid loot on the shop?

also the classic community: what do you MEAN i have to get rating to buy arena gear? i dont wanna. gimme free loot

1 Like

S4 rating required was a move to curb carries, it failed at that.
S3 was a move to make AFK farming stop, it worked.

Why would they use S4 as a template when it failed but not consider S3?

Also as you make things more exclusive you have less participation and that kinda sucks because facing the same 2 to 5 teams constantly SUCKS… Especially when one of them starts dodging and another starts to snipe… /puke.

Participation is soooooooooooooooo important, and setting some reasonable requirements makes sense, but the S4 while achievable is going to seem out of reach to the bulk of the community and that’s not good either.

S3 is kinda the answer.

IMO If was setting up the Arena system…

Players start at 1500 like TBC originally did.

Requires 100 games played for title qualifications.

1700 rating for weapons 2K for shoulders.

Players must play at least 33% of the games on a team to qualify for titles and be within 200 points of team rating to qualify for titles of the team.

This does a couple of positive things.

Drives participation.
Makes title carries harder to do (selling glad)

Yeah I would accept the compromise with season 1 if they added season 3 rating to shoulders and weapon. Gating nearly all of it behind higher ratings than tbc ever did plus starting at zero?
No thanks

Enjoy your tiny player base and good luck finding players to run with or against.

The outcry is like 20-1 or higher against these stupid changes. Youre the minority so enjoy your echo chamber. People are unsubbing over this. Less money = less development funds.

yeah starting at zero makes no sense, its almost like they are trying to just template in the Arena system from retail just to save a few bucks on development. How the TBC system works is that its a system of points economy, and the inflation happens when people play this is organic.

The retail system is artificial and can be manipulated by Blizzard; that’s a really bad thing, its they who control directly the seasons inflation, and its they who control every aspect of the game at that point rather than the organic participation of the TBC system.

Resetting a team to 1500 is not a problem. Especially with how personal MMR is different from team MMR now.

The rating that gear is set at is designed to make it exclusive.

For example, Season 1 gear originally required no rating because T4 gear wasn’t really exclusive to anyone either.

In Season 2 people mentioned welfare epics because the gear was equivalent or close to the strength of T5 gear, but had no metric to obtain still.

In Season 3 people decided to finally add a metric to obtaining the strongest pieces (weapons) and the most flashy piece (the shoulders) since these items were equivalent to T6 power items when used in PvP.

In Season 4 the metric extended to other pieces and the rating requirements increased further to try to match the exclusivity of the highest raid tiers.

In TBC classic we now need to match the exclusivity of Sunwell-level raiding tiers just to get our prebis/t4 items.

Classic andy be like
S1 no rating = good
S2 no rating = good
S3 rating needed = GOOD
S4 rating needed = GOOD

2021 (soon tm)
S1 rating needed = BAD

This literally makes no sense at all

S1 no rating = good, because you didn’t need anything to get T4 gear either.
S2 no rating = Coulda used a rating like 1600 as the gear was equivalent to T5 for PvP. And allowing it for the top 35% of players reflects fairly for PvEers.
S3 rating req = T6 was a big deal, it really did need a rating to use and the rating was put around the top 10-15% players which is about half the players who were doing BT/Hyjal.
S4 higher rating req = Sunwell was cleared by a small number of guilds in TBC, it only made sense to shrink the number of players getting S4 weapons/shoulders to a small number also. Only 3-5% of players were able to reach these PvP numbers and 2200 for shoulders basically meant you were glad back then.

S1 higher rating req = So now we are applying this 3-5% Sunwell-level exclusivity to entry level PvP/raiding/prebis gear. This is bad. Especially when we know Sunwell is gonna be like 20%+ guild clearing rate at the very least.