Vulpine Familiar: $25 USD?

I honestly can’t remember. I think they have always been $25. Except at Christmas time where the half certain ones. That is usually when i buy them. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Thank you for responding to me with helpful replies. Truly appreciated, Stompypotato.

1 Like

You are very welcome.

1 Like

Not how it used to be. Only is now because people like you want to spend additional money apparently. Still a bad analogy, nobody pays a subscription for ice cream :roll_eyes: you pay a sub for continuous content. Except now they want more money for more content on top of a sub. Not how a sub works, sorry that’s hard for you to grasp. Once again, how much purchasable stuff was in vanilla?

I’m saying they run the risk of getting greedy just like other companies. There is proof of it happening already. No class armour sets is a direct cut to in game cosmetics. Not sure how you cant see that.

Also the way they phrase their earnings call via time played metrics instead of older metrics. Money is more on their mind than ever. Quality used to be the driver. With Activision involved who knows what the tipping point will be. Even if they don’t have much influence now doesn’t mean they won’t if they don’t see enough profit. Lots of other examples in gaming of this.

Again man, warning signs are there, and just because you want to close your eyes and ignore them doesn’t mean the rest of us do. I’m playing because it’s not bad right now but I see the slope and I’m trying to not give them free passes.

I just buy them with gold during the sales.

Less than 1 minute on google proves you wrong here.

And you got that. I dont see how you can say you dont simply because there is a cash store.

entirely optional

Yes it is, you paid to play a game and get content, you got it. Thats how your sub works. Sorry thats hard for you to grasp.

Vanilla means nothing in this discussion. If you want that experience then go to the classic forums.

This is not proof of what you want it to be. They changed philosophy on the designs so its less about class and more about the content of the raid itself. Again, thats a whole different discussion and false equivalence.

Thats some tinfoil hat wearing youre doing, your not providing proof, youre pointing at how a business works and going “Ah ha! I was right”. They have clearly stated their relationship with Activision and its not what youre saying.

Its not closing my eyes, its not knee jerking to every perceived slight as Blizzard going evil.

8 Likes

Cosmetic item? Check.
Same price as other cosmetic items? Check.

If it is desirable to you, buy it. Skip coffee or eating out for a few days.

If you don’t like it, ignore it.

Market demands usually sway prices on products eventually (i.e., see the $7.50 for all the old stuff sale last month).

FWIW, store mounts are cheaper than the self-funded recruit-a-friend mounts.

3 Likes

All of this, and it’s like 200k of in game gold, which is less than tons of other mounts are.

Complete non-issue now, just like it was a complete non-issue in Wrath when they started.

4 Likes

You are 100% able to get this mount through only in game actions.

5 Likes

TBF, that’s only like 200k gold. Pretty cheap mount right now, comparatively.

1 Like

/Sigh whatever dude. I’m sure the ice cream subscription industry is booming. Thanks for letting me know you’re trolling.

100% relevant and hilarious that you say otherwise. You can see how this game evolved. Just because again you like to ignore history doesn’t mean you should.

Your closing your eyes to the past and other examples out there. I’m really not knee jerking at all. I haven’t unsubbed and only said I’d unsub if they continue to add more to the cash shop.

Whatever though man, close your eyes and ignore history and similarities. You can troll others while you eat your delicious subscription delivered ice cream. :shaved_ice:

You said it wasnt true, I showed you it was. How is that trolling?

Its not though, 14 years have gone by since then, the store has been up selling mounts now the majority of WoW’s lifespan. Trying to hark back to Vanilla is like trying tell me we all live like our grandparents did in the “good ol days” it serves nothing for the now. It was the foundation of the game, everything was built up from there, even if you dont like what was built.

Youd only unsub over stuff being added to the cash shop? Everybody needs their reason but thats a really shallow one, unsubbing over optional non invasive cosmetic items being sold.

What a weak dissmissive runaway line this is, I responded to each of your points in turn and with accurate information, there was no trolling. You cant even stay on point and just have to attack me personally, that says leagues more about your character here than mine.

I hope you enjoy Wow, dont get too riled up when you see people with Cash Shop items.

5 Likes

Lol dude the reason this is a troll is that even though you can find a subscription to ice cream doesn’t mean anyone even uses the service. People don’t sub for ice cream. You proved nothing at all and your analogy is still hilariously bad.

I gave you a throw away line because you’re trolling sooooo hard it’s crazy. I am going to go live life and stop feeding you. Lol

1 Like

man, stop embarrassing yourself over ice cream. Its ok to just admit you were wrong, trying to call me a troll is just sad.

Again, didnt take but a minute on google.

https://medium.com/@mantry/5-best-online-ice-cream-subscription-services-bb601014f687

https://urbantastebud.com/best-ice-cream-subscription-boxes/

4 Likes

Yea I’m embarrassing :joy: I’ll leave you to your ice cream. Go enjoy your Friday night man! GG’s

1 Like

At this point I just want to know.

Mint chocolate chip or chocolate chip cookie dough?

1 Like

You too, mate. Good luck out there.

1 Like

Idk, sometimes I just NEED Bluebell Homemade Vanilla, nothing else will do.

But between the two id go for mint chocolate chip.

1 Like

if it’s expensive to u just don’t buy it

I guess when you get down to the psychology of it when people buy extra stuff like this in online games. They do it because they can run around with the thing to others going, “Look at me, I have this cool thing and you don’t, I could affort it, I am better than you.” . Either that or they just like to have this sparkly, interesting thing for themselves. Like possessing a gold coin, it is something pleasing to the eye and of some value to acquire. Both appealing to their sense of pride and basic primitive reactions to things of interesting color and motion.

1 Like