Vulpera has no starting zone... Really? šŸ¤Ø

Little Preface here, iā€™ve been enjoying my Vulpera Shaman. I like the idea of a cute little fox being a murderous little face biter while also being a discount Avatarā€¦ and i mean the Last Airbender cartoon. :grin: But something that disappointed me right off the bat is no starting zones for them. May i ask why? :face_with_raised_eyebrow:

I mean first the Magā€™har Orcs doesnā€™t and now the Vulpera. Whatā€™s even sillyier is they didnā€™t even get forced out of Volā€™dun or Zandalar in general, so i honestly donā€™t know why new Vulpera Players start in an a little camp or island in Volā€™dun and then just teleport off.

And before you say "But Volā€™dun has Sand, which is rough, coarse and irritating, and it gets everywhere. You donā€™t want that. "ā€¦ Iā€™m not Akakin Skywalker first off, though i do find your lack of faith disturbing and from my perspective, the je-- i mean the alliance are evil.

But second, just having a starting zone at allā€¦ even if itā€™s like a brief second and you never see it again, brings something to the experience. This is what i was talking about with the Magā€™har Orcs. Maybe not so great, but the first impression is so important, not just the character, but how and where you start. Why you think i love the Goblin Starting zones, or the Draenei Starting zones so much? Hekc, nightborneā€™s city, despite being in one part and despite knowing a large part of the city is still being invaded by the demons cause reasons, it made a great impression with my Nightborne, and that sticks. And you can say itā€™s a small minor thing, but that small minor thing, it what makes it all work together. The little extra mile the devs put themselves though to make something work, itā€™s what i love about games, the small details you may not notice the first time and you go back to check them out. :slight_smile:

I know this isnā€™t a consistent trend that Blizzard is following, considering that Zandarlari came atfer Magā€™har, and the Trolls started from their own City (which is a unique twist in terms of starting zone, a capital that dobules as a starting zone for those races native to that capital) but this just leaves me worried. And to answer your question, i will stop addressing it into the future, since i feel i made my point fairly clearly. And if i need to address it again, which inevitiablity will happen if Blizz does put out another Allied race without a starting zone, i will point to my topic and urge anybody to read it, sans the vulpera and imagine with the new allied race in question.

Edit: And yes, i know i know thereā€™s a difference between starting zones where you do quests and spawn areas where you just spawn and leaveā€¦ it doesnā€™t really change the points i made to lack any of those two.

Im perfectly fine riding with the caravan into Org to start my new life of looting killing and pillaging of the local wildlife

14 Likes

Allied races in general donā€™t have a starting zone.

22 Likes

Yes they do. Iā€™m pretty sure that Lightforged Draenei just donā€™t immediately start in Stormwind. Itā€™s the Vulpera and Magā€™har Orcs that doesnā€™t start in their own Starting Area. or Spawning area if you will.

So spawning room

you mean a unique spawning room

6 Likes

VElfs have a starting zone as do the LFDā€™s.

I havenā€™t rolled a Kulā€™ Tieran or M Gnome though.

excuse spelling Iā€™m really tired and have a horrid cold.

1 Like

Basically. I do feel that they skimped on the process a bit with BfAā€™s ARs, but I guess not every swing will be a hit. Still though it didnā€™t bother me much not having a starter area.

1 Like

A Kulā€™tiran, much like their horde counterpart, starts in their own Captial city, boralus.

The Mechagnomes in Mechagon city dungeon.

Well spawn area, cause you donā€™t spawn in a room, which that implys your indoors, but tomato tamoto. Yes.

KT have their own capital city so ofc they start there.

And Mechagnomes start in their dungeon. That is technically a city.

I donā€™t exactly consider them a starting zone since outside these walls there is high level mobs that will one shot you.

I have had a nasty cough coming myself

The Vulpera threw a party for rebellious peons. They donā€™t deserve a starting area.

Now, if my Queen and Dark lady were still here, she would have had me slaughter the peons and make hand puppets of the Vulperaā€¦then welcomed them to the Horde as her entertainment.

ā€¦I miss her so much!!

2 Likes

fixed it for you

2 Likes

I donā€™t see why itā€™s a problemā€¦all allied races just start at places there is literally no leveling since itā€™s just a spawning oneā€¦so I really see no reason to whine over it.

1 Like

Eh. :man_shrugging:

Spawn room, Spawn Area, Starting Area, Ethan Hawke, Same sort really. I like these kinds of things from Races in general, even if it has high level mobs that one shot you, or you do nothing in them but teleport off to the world. The Kulā€™tiran and Zandalari ones are the best for me obviously. It just seems a little Lazy to spawn in Orgrimmar, even if it shows you getting to Orgrimmar.

Vulpera starting ā€œzoneā€ should just be a caravan outside of Orgrimmar.

1 Like

They have a caravan INSIDE Orgrimmar, with all the notable vulpera NPCs and wagons hanging around it.

2 Likes

Is it really better this way for the Vulpera or any Allied race or race really, to not start in their own native zone/starting area, even if itā€™s just a brief second?

I mean think about your Void elf when you first created it and the starting zone you started in. Or Spawning area you spawn in, whatever.

Thatā€™s much better then starting in Volā€™dun? :face_with_raised_eyebrow:

Heck, i just created another Vulpera to check out the Caravan, and i canā€™t even get inside it at least.

Allow me to echo the sentiments of many others by saying, ā€œSo what?ā€

1 Like

None of the ARs have starting zones. They start out at level 20 and are expected to just go out and start questing. I usually go to Ashenvale.

1 Like

So itā€™s much better to lack a starting zone cause itā€™s much quicker? :face_with_raised_eyebrow:

So the Dark Iron Dwarfs doesnā€™t start in Blackrock Depths?

The Lightforged Draeneis donā€™t start at the Vindicaar?

The Zandalari Trolls donā€™t start at Zuldalar?

The Highmountain Taurens donā€™t start at Highmountain? :man_shrugging: