Vulpera has no starting zone... Really? šŸ¤Ø

We probably start in Org, because we are literally outcast murder hobos that can make camp anywhere. Why should a nomadic race care about a starting zone? Time to murder!

2 Likes

It doesnā€™t really count as a true starting zone if all you do is talk to your faction leader and then go through a portal.

1 Like

Iā€™ll take 20 headstart over a tutorial.

Thereā€™s also a brand new starting zone being made.

Look, i understand you guys thinking starting zone and spawn zones are different. Thatā€™s fine, that doesnā€™t change the points if i change this over from Starting zone to Spawn zones/areas/rooms, since i have said, even if their pointless, the fact they went the extra mile to include one is still pretty cool and it brings something to the experience to that Allied race space/start in their own land, similar how the base races does.

And this is coming from somebody who is an Altoholic.

Honestly, i wish they would given us options to start in that or in the base game starting zones.

Most of the so-called allied races are shortcut features which take a long time to get. By that I mean that many of them are recolours of classes that many players have asked for over the years (red-brown coloured orcs for example) and there is no story connection for them beyond the grind thatā€™s required to get them.

And creating a starting zone would take more development time, which is more money spent, which they donā€™t really like. Hence the shortcut. Forget that it would provide that immersion we are supposed to be interested in during our gameplay. That apparently is not important anymore.

1 Like

I have addressed that in the past actually.

They should. Iā€™d honestly be shocked if they wonā€™t give you the option.

1 Like

They are. If the new character is an alt, you can choose to do the new one or choose their races old one. Base race DKā€™s and DHā€™s can choose their unique class starting experience as well if they want to.

Only new players are forced to do the do the starting zone and are forced into BFA content for 10-50 come shadowlands.

But somehow a race that dont have even a city has enough pop to be a playable race but. . . blizzard also

ā€œhigh elf pop is lowā€.

I love blizzard logic tbh.

1 Like

Vulpera are nomads, they donā€™t have a stationary home. The only reason the little Vulpera camp exists in Volā€™dun is to create a stationary area to access quartermasters/emissaries. Lore wise, they donā€™t really stay in one place longer than they deem the need to so why open a portal to a location they really wouldnā€™t be returning to?

Its a matter of Game Mechanics vs Lore Reasoning in this situation. While it would be cool to have a portal to Volā€™dun I personally like that they have a caravan parked inside of Orgrimmar more.

2 Likes

Can i ask? why not give that option from the getgo and let the new players pick between then? :man_shrugging:

Maybe some of them like the idea of starting out on the Turtle.

Thereā€™s no Vulpera ā€œplaceā€ to start in. They wander, itā€™s their thing. So now theyā€™ve wandered down Orgrimmar way.

1 Like

The Vulpera have now wandered into everyoneā€™s hearts.

Why not utilize that idea in a creative way, like making the Vulpera players start in at any random camps in Voldun? (with portals to Orgrimmar of coarse, and have those only phased to Vulpera players, below 110.)

Devs are trying to get away from the starting zone where supposedly your character develops an identity. Theyā€™d rather you didnā€™t become attached to your characters. It makes you more open to rerolling when your favorite class is borked for part of an expansion.

1 Like

A ā€˜zoneā€™ā€¦ that you spawn into literally right in front of the portal to SW. Thereā€™s nothing to actually do there. None of them have anything to do. You take a few steps, get the quest to go to SW/Org, and then thatā€™s it. Itā€™s just an additional loading screen.

1 Like

I see that for Vulperra, but even they must have some sort of history behind them. Where did they originate? Who are their past famous characters? It would have been extra nice just on a RP basis to find out about that, perhaps visit their past through a timey whimey thing and learn about them. Thatā€™s a lost story opportunity really.

1 Like

I was ok with starting right in Org, but my problem was the unlock quest chain. At least with the others like Magā€™har & Zandalari, it was related to their storyā€¦ Vulps was like, ā€œWe want inā€¦? No? Ok. Well lets go to other expansionsā€™ areas and help with menial tasks to show we can ā€¦ do stuff?ā€ I guess get that umm nomadic feel by ā€¦ flying around and taking portals?

1 Like

Why would they? In order to unlock them, you need to have played the game extensively :man_shrugging:

Dark Iron have one as well.