Vulpera Discussion Megathread

5 Likes

There are some really kool ideas in there.

4 Likes

Hey vulpera fans. WoWHead found out encrypted files that hint at an alpaca mount.

Guess which race could have alpaca mounts?

Not saying it’s a hint, but, hey, it’s something to speculate about.

6 Likes

Ooh I didn’t consider that :o

Wait, are you required to keep doing that? You have to do this?

1 Like

…aren’t you a panda

They’re trolling, I would just not respond to the nonsense.

3 Likes

I’m seriously unclear if they’re joking or not.

I disagree entirely. I think Allied Races are important as well and appeal to many people. Just because it’s not a priority for some does not mean it’s not wanted or should be considered.

Not to mention, numerous times did they say that there’s more AR’s on the way.

1 Like

Allied races are practically the one thing keeping most people playing at this point, and I’m sure Blizzard knows it

2 Likes

The thing is the people who would be working to make Vulpera playable are not the same people who would work to fix gameplay issues. A digital animator can’t overhaul the azerite system

3 Likes

I guess that’s true. Though the complaints I hear have nothing to do with potential allied races. Outside of the forums, it’s not a hot button issue from my understanding.

I’d like to see it, though I’d rather see the un-mutated Arakkoa as an allied race:

4 Likes

Like Eevee said, they’re different teams pretty much. Luckily multiple things can be worked on, and many have voiced their displeasure on Azerite–besides, if we don’t talk about what we want to see for this stuff as well, when the ARs do come, they won’t have our feedback. Discussing anything we want to see in game is important even if it’s not at the forefront of everyone’s mind.

There was a megathread for those folks too at one point. It kinda got quiet though :frowning: I’d love to see those added as well, and would roll one. Technically there’s a chance (?) due to AU orcs being a thing, so those AU birbs can kinda still (if we revisit that area) be around somewhere.

4 Likes

I remember seeing a mega-thread after BfA launched, but yeah it does look like that settled down. I’m not gunna argue that is a lot of potential allied races that could be made.

I saw your San’Layn thread
Vulpera
Arrakoa
I know ogres where supposed to be in Cata but they went with Goblins instead
If they wanted to get crazy they could do like a half-dragon type race as well.

I feel like I’m missing others too.

2 Likes

Yeah, it all really comes down to where they want to go with the story and waiting it out. An important thing to note is that they’ve said on many occasions that they are listening to AR feedback, which is really nice. We likely won’t know anything though for a few months in terms of beyond Zandalari and KT.

Additionally talked about, there’s:

1. Sethrak
  2. Gilgoblins
  3. Mechagnomes
  4. Saw Taunka today
  5. I’ve seen Eredar mentioned
  6. Also seen Ethereal mentioned
  7. Vry’kuls
  8. Jinyu (including the new ones we’ve seen)
  9. Jungle trolls
  10. High elves
  11. Wildhammers
    ^ Some they said no to for BfA though.

And I’m prolly missing a ton too.

3 Likes

The one downside to so many great races is that I’d never get past the character selection screen xd

1 Like

Oh man, if they throw in Etherals as playable I’d be all over that!
I’ve seen High Elves mentioned, how that would work I’d like to see.

Edit: additionally with those AR’s they could introduce new classes (maybe more caster classes) with the races.

1 Like

I am absolutely in favour of Hozen too because I don’t think there’s any way you could make a female hozen without it being both hilarious and awesome

3 Likes

raises hand

Saurok & Mantid for me! Low chances, yeah. But still fun to think about!

1 Like

I’m surprised you didn’t mention Naga as a race or even half-Naga. Unless you did and I didn’t notice.