Vulpera Discussion Megathread

There has been no update to any race st all since that time, at least not towards making them more playable. I would wager blizzard moved any allied race work to non ptr servers

They’re not covered in fur, and could probably use magic to shave their heads quite easily. Doesn’t feel weird or out of place to me.

Probably not a good idea to get too sciency, but yeah it could be a phenotypic quality where transcription occurs in a minority. How did they develop a human hair gene though? How many chromosomes do they have compared to other races? what other genes are located on the same autosomes as - and subsequently influenced by the evolutionary development of - the human hair gene? If they grow human hair do they also perspire and lose water like humans? We know very little about their history, so it’s kind of futile to speculate. Surely blizz doesn’t consider this stuff when designing races? I’m more concerned with whether or not hair makes sense from artistic design standpoint, and the immediate environment that they inhabit.

I feel like one of the best possible options would be to give the skinning profession the ability to scalp PvP players or certain mobs, and steal hair/create cosmetic wigs that replace the head slot. It’d add more to the game, and I can’t think of any negatives. You could also dye it outrageous colours. The barber shop could do the exact same, which is also fine but it’s less interactive.

Wasn’t that artificial selection? I doubt that would’ve ever occurred naturally. I hope the vulpera weren’t selectively bred to grow hair. XD

Don’t give them any ideas D:

New caster resource: Sand.
ttps://data.whicdn.com/images/269159429/large.jpg

Then the drust witches invade Vol’Dun
ttps://i.imgur.com/y08VbgE.png

now you went and made me hungry :<

1 Like

Only mildly related but I hope we get some new fox hunter pets in the near future. The cata model is starting to look a bit dated and all the fancy fox mounts would make great pets!

5 Likes

No surprise there. We figured out that vulpera we’re getting player level polish way too soon, and their “well you don’t know for sure” post wasn’t too convincing.

1 Like

Oh wow you guys dodged lockmageddon! Nice.

1 Like

I’m not really a fan of hair-dos on Vulpera. That’s just, like, my opinion, man! :laughing:

2 Likes

Same. I’m not against them, but I will admit they look unusual with hair.

The more I play with the dressing room, the more I hope they add Vulpera as an allied race. Cute little buggers. That might be the one thing that makes me race change from Blood elf!

3 Likes

https://imgur.com/a/RfkEOZ1 :heart:

1 Like

I put my current mog on a Vulpera lady and wowza - those shoulders! Haha. A little adjustment and it’d be perfect.

https://i.imgur.com/FyF2iK1.png

1 Like

Schrödinger’s Troll: decides whether or not they were ‘joking’ based on people’s reactions.

3 Likes

Who said anything about joking
I said banter, as in comments thrown around should in no way be taken seriously.

And your misunderstanding of Schrodinger is poor to the point of failure. You can’t just take Schrodinger as an adjective and add it to whatever you are trying to describe. You saw some internet memes using the man’s name and added your own spin, creating the catastrophe that is your attempt at humour.

Also, a troll isn’t someone who has the opposite opinion - hence, see safe spaces.

1 Like

heavily insults people in this thread yet somehow not a troll

Alrighty then! Not to mention claiming speculation as fact, too. Tsk tsk.

You’d think someone that dislikes this thread so much would mute it, but here we are.

6 Likes

I’m so impatient for KT/ZT just so we can finnnnally get some news on the new allied races and Vulpera please!

5 Likes

You and me both. I feel like we’ll get some news once zanda and KT are finally released. They don’t want the spotlight taken away I think.

4 Likes

I find this amusing because as hyped as I was for Zandalari about 6 months ago, I just don’t even care about them anymore. They already killed off my hype by waiting so long lol.

Gimme Vulpera news!

7 Likes

And that’s how a lot of us are feeling about the lack of any kind of news for vulpera, and for some of us: sethrak. I just want to be dropped a nice little bit of info. Not to give it away but to at least fill us with a lot more hope!

5 Likes

Pretty much this. “Please get them out of the way so we can start getting answers on the NEXT round of allied races”

The wait is really starting to wear on me T T

5 Likes

Someone here has selective memory for sure apparently. And can’t even consider that they’re very clearly coming back to a thread to respond to a comment that wasn’t a notified reply. But that’s none of my business. :woman_shrugging:

You guys hear something? I’m now imploring my own selective caring. As in I don’t care about forum trolls with no common sense.

And I’m sure we’ll hear news soon. Only a bit more until the patch right? There’s no way it’ll be more than a few weeks. Hopefully.

Edit: Context: more insults from mister orc priest. His rant post seems to have vanished

1 Like