Vulpera Discussion Megathread

Wonder what kind of racials Vulpera could have.

I was thinking a stealth racial but then remembered Night Elves. Though they could have one that works like hunter camouflage and a longer CD so it isnā€™t a true stealth.

2 Likes

Perhaps, something that allows the vulperas, to accomplish more with less resources?

1 Like

Ooo, thatā€™s a good one. Like, 5% resource cost reduction.

1 Like

If they follow the format of other races, theyā€™ll get one active ability, one profession bonus, one passive combat bonus and one bonus that doesnā€™t directly affect combat or professions at all.

The discord has a channel specifically dedicated to ideas but here are a few of my favourites:

Active ability:
-Panic!: Berserk effect
-Deafening Screech: slow/pushback spellcasts
-Cower: Threat Reduction

Profession:
-Scavenger: Chance to gather extra and/or unrelated materials while gathering
-Professional Curiosity: +5 to all professions

Passive Stats:
-Resource Management: Reduces Mana/Energy cost of abilities slightly
-Clever Tactics: Increases Mastery by X

Non-combat:
-Nomad: Gain rested experience anywhere
-Big ears: Increased Stealth Detection
-Innocent Appearance: Reduces aggro radius of enemies
-Quick Feet: Small passive movement speed increase

7 Likes

I would not complain about anything like that!
Vulpera are scavengers!
Vulpera are accustomed to do more with less, to adapt all available resources to the best use!

They all look very good! :fox_face:

1 Like

As much as I know weā€™re hoping to see vulpera in 8.2, Blizz might decide to wait until the very end of the expansion (8.3.5 if it follows the typical cycle from previous expansions). What better way to keep subs active during the inevitable content drought between the end of this expansion and the beginning of the next than with an immensely popular race becoming playable?

1 Like

Blizz could also be using the Vulpera to sell preorders for the next expansion, like they did with Highmountain/Void Elf/Nightborne/LF Draenei.

1 Like

Heckā€¦ itā€™d work on me.

I wish I had a good reason to discard this theory but I really donā€™t. Itā€™s possibleā€¦

And dishearteningā€¦

1 Like

At least itā€™s better than never getting them.

2 Likes

It also would make a lot of sense then, as well, if the Sethrak were to join at the same time as the Vulperaā€¦IF there is more content for them as well, itā€™d give a lot more time to build it in.

In retrospect, it would almost make sense if they made the most popular race, the ones that people want the most out of the expansionā€™s exposure (thus far) to be made available at the end of the expansionā€¦

Save the best for last, amirite?

2 Likes

Iā€™d be pretty salty if we had to wait that long, not gonna lieā€¦

I feel like Iā€™m waiting for Christmas but my parents wonā€™t tell me what month it is.

9 Likes

yea, Iā€™m right there with youā€¦Iā€™m honestly really looking forward to playing one~ Iā€™d also love to play my snek butā€¦weā€™ll see if anything further is released on that ;~; v.v

2 Likes

I still believe Vulpera are heading for 8.2 or 8.2.5

If the magā€™har taught us anything itā€™s that an allied race need not have immediate relevance in their intro patch, they just need to be already familiar.

This is good news for Vulpera, but admittedly not so great for alliance sethrak

5 Likes

Yeah I am on the fence of whether or not the alliance will get snek ppl. I just donā€™t see how it will work. There is a better and more likely chance that they will get mecha gnomes.

Oh Iā€™m still sure the alliance will get sethrak this expansion, Iā€™m just not as sure as I once was that they will be 8.2. However, I struggle to imagine what race COULD be 8.2. The main thing working against the sethrak right now is that they donā€™t get a lot of face time with the alliance. And the only consistent feature of allied races is that we meet them before they become playable. But since the alliance has really met no new races on friendly terms so far other than the highly neutral tortollans, there donā€™t seem to be any great candidates aside from maybe more old world players

4 Likes

I donā€™t doubt that mechagnomes will occur, but I also think that people underestimate just how much work and effort was put into the sethrak.

Iā€™m just a bit moreā€¦uncertain about the timing of junker gnomes (mechagnomes are from Wrath) is that all we have to base them off of is a single picture that we viewed at Blizzcon '18. We know theyā€™re getting an area and a megadungeonā€¦but past that, we have been given very little information on them, let alone their relevance to the plot. Beyond that, the almost deafening silence they received at the con doesnā€™t really make me think that Blizz is going to suddenly push them on us, when they received a ratherā€¦dead response to their showing. Theyā€™re also not an alliance-only faction, horde is also present in the area for quest-lines, so that makes me think that either theyā€™ll be end of expansion release or a cosmetic thing for gnomes. I have seen no models, no datamined leaks, no other relevant info that points them directly towards an AR option.

Eevee is right, in that the majority of ARs have had decent screen time in BfA (with a few exceptions).

The only thing Iā€™m really getting tired of, is the alliance being left in the dark about so many thingsā€¦Vulpera are practically a shoe in at this point but we have very little to no solid evidence showcasing our options beyond that of the little-worked-with Sethrak and the little-known Junker Gnomes.

5 Likes

Likely because pretty much everyone is really wanting Sethrak for Alliance and Vulpera for Horde. Announcing Junker Gnomes as a thing (even if they didnā€™t outright say allied race) is not going to excite a large amount of peopleā€¦

4 Likes

yea, Junkers wouldnā€™t bring in a whole lot of revenue for Blizzard at this point in time. However, if they released them ALONGSIDE news of a new(er) class exclusive to Junker Gnomesā€¦then THAT would be much more appealing. At least thatā€™s how I think, if itā€™s a really cool class and something new? Yea, Iā€™d probably play one to try it out~

2 Likes