Vulpera Discussion Megathread

I want my little foxy boi so bad. The male voice is so adorable for some reason, not sure what it is. “Hi there!”, “do you want to trade?” are my favourite lines.

3 Likes

I’d still like hair options, I don’t think it would be a problem if bald is an option.
https://imgur.com/a/Ld9sUiL

1 Like

I never really thought about it until a few of you mentioned it just recently. The concepts don’t look too bad. I guess if Blizzard saw fit, they would do a good job with it. They’ve done really good with Vulpera so far!

1 Like

If I was a Vulpera , I would kill eveything cute and cuddly… I MUST BE THE CUTEST AND MOST CUDDLY THING ON AZEROTH!!!

3 Likes

I think Vulpera customization works great without hair, it gives their ears more focus which is much better

5 Likes

I think they customise furs instead of hair - fur customisation is basically skin colour and hair mixed together. Vulpera although humanoid are quite different from others (humans, nightborne, etc.); they’ve different customisation options (nose, fur, etc.), while others generally have similar options (face, skin colour, etc.)

4 Likes

Aside from Pandaren, wow doesn’t really give their beast races “hair”. Worgen and Tauren have more of a mane than hairstyle, and the Npc races rarely have anything.

It’s just kind of part of the world aesthetic.

Honestly Pandaren are the outliers here, not Vulpera

2 Likes

I like this idea!

2 Likes

Yea, I know they’re watching the forums but the thing that worries me is that the Sethrak thread is…usually rather quiet, but that’s because there isn’t that much to go off of since the release of the expansion. However, I do wonder if some of those people watching these big threads also maybe sneak into the discords for ideas and options for these plausible ARs?

Dabbling into writing myself, I can come up with numerous stories that would make sense for Sethrak siding with the alliance in the near future. Though there is never any new content involving them since that small little tidbit with story line that was…rather brief, with them. Though even with some small content, I can see some story going on with them that would really be enjoyable as well~

4 Likes

It’s when someone quotes a quote (quoteception) within another user’s post. Instead of linking it to the original post, it links to the post that had the quoted quote. So, you quoted the troll, and Lepermessiah quoted his quote in your post. The forum links that quote to you instead.

3 Likes

We must inspire the fans of the danger noodles, the sucky elves, the vanillelfs and all the other allied races to take heart and post their faith! Fill the forums with your love!

4 Likes

I’ve been too preoccupied to push for threads to live myself so tahts probably one of the reasons the Sethrak one has died down.

Also Eeevee the way you worded that was so funny it hurt my lungs xP.

I hear ya. I go over to the Sethrak thread from time to time also because I want them as much as I want Vulpera. Just trying to stoke the fire. :wink:

3 Likes

While I don’t expect that feedback to have a big impact in BfA, it could very well mean more allied races being introduced over the next expansion.

But don’t worry, vulpera folk: yours is the only one we can be sure it will be released within BfA (probably even within this year!).

5 Likes

Sethrak have cool voices and overall design. I probably wouldn’t play one myself, but a few weeks ago a good friend of mine (who has never played WoW before) randomly asked if they “added a reptilian race to the game recently” and if they were playable. I didn’t expect them to ask about the game like that. I don’t know how popular they’d be, but anyone who likes dragons or reptiles would most likely play them. Those players don’t really have any other options to choose from currently.

Sorry, but kodo is next playable race. First quadrupedal, player race! confirm by not less than 3 the blizzard employee , who are to remain anonymous. No amount of a wishful think will alter this outcome.

Now for the real question: can gilblins cry?

something simple like this might look alright: ttps://i.imgur.com/OMu2cTt.jpg
I couldn’t think of a better reference, but something very minimal and the same colour.

I think they look great the way they are right now. I’m not opposed to hairstyles, but I definitely prefer them without it for a number of reasons:

• Their prominent ears feel almost iconic, and adding human hair would possibly take away from that (similar to how the floppy ears look kinda weird - there’s no focal point to grab attention). Expression through both hair and ears is kinda conflicting.
  • It’d require a good amount of effort to make nice looking hair styles, and I can only imagine 2-3 natural colours going well with most transmogs. If they added crazy unnatural colorations then the vulpera would start looking like sparkledogs and common fursonas.
  • Pretty much every other race has human hair, so it’s nice having a race with a different design focus. I think the time spent on creating hair styles could be better spent making armor look nice on the models. If certain items are too problematic, then they could make simple bands/scarves for the tail/neck which would feel unique and add to the composition.
  • Blizz tends to doll up and sexualize the females of each race, and I’d hate to see Vulpera design shift in that direction (I think draenei are the biggest offenders, at least in terms of beast races?). When I analyze female designs I place them somewhere on a triangle of “beautiful - cute - sexy”, and vulpera (along with gnome) is very much in the cute corner, and I hope they keep them there whenever working on their design.
  • Adding hair would make them appear less cute, to make them look and feel slightly more “human”.
  • Worgen have no tails and didn’t receive a bald option. Vulpera originally had no tails, and adding hair to that original model would’ve turned them into cute-mini-worgen.
  • Hair doesn’t seem very practical given their living environment. If they were originally humans who were transformed into beasts then it would make a lot more sense, but even then, assuming they’ve evolved in a harsh arid landscape (which their huge ears suggest they have) then you’d think that things such as hair, perspiration, and other human traits would be amongst the first to go. It’d essentially be a waste of amino acids in a land where resources are scarce, and the wasteful wouldn’t survive.

I’d much rather have a few extra patterns or eye colours instead (like a reddish-brown or dark mauve), and to be able to choose the eye colour and face separately (which would give ~36 variations instead of the current 6). It’d require very little effort.

Tails require a good amount of additional work, which is probably a big part of why they didn’t include them initially. They already have one made though, so anything roughly similar in shape to the current one shouldn’t be too bad. Did they add the tail in response to people’s feedback? I wasn’t around at the time. If they did, then that’s really all the “proof” that I need for them becoming playable.

I really like the “Got anything for me?” and “What did you bring me?” lines. They might use different voice actors though.

It would feel kind of strange if 50% of them are rocking hairstyles while the others simply can’t grow hair (they can’t exactly shave like humans). I always design my anthropomorphic characters without hair though, so I’m very biased. If they had wig options (head slot cosmetics for all races), then that might be nice, there’s nothing stopping them from buying human hair and then wearing it. I mean trolls practically live next door, and trolls love scalping things. At least that way everyone gets something instead of just 1 race, and they could put more effort into designing it as more players will use them.

Possibly, but they’d have to be very careful as to avoid risking potential lawsuits. People like money just as much as blizzard does, even if they pretend that they don’t.

I almost wish I could liaise with some of the wow team to help them work on content like this, it’d be good experience and my efforts would impact a much larger audience.

4 Likes

Why is it any weirder than nightborne males having a bald option? (One of the few races that do)
This is a fantasy game, anyone can do anything.

Genetics are also a thing. Some people are hairy enough to look like cave men, others can’t grow bodyhair at all.

A Xoloitzcuintli (Mexican Hairless dog) and a Malamute are still dogs. A Sphinx and a Norwegian forest cat are still cats. A Lykoi cat can be any breed, I believe, etc.

Edit: Also: See Male Pattern Baldness. Not all males get this. My dad, 1 brother, and my sort-of-step brother did not, but 3 of my brothers did. Its not that “weird” to see a 20+ year old guy running around with a full head of hair. They also don’t go bald everywhere.

1 Like

I think, that if the Vulpera were to have hair styles, they probably would have it in game already with the current models. Of course they still might! Since we haven’t seen anything about their models in quite some time, so who knows!? Either way, we’ll possibly find out soon, hopefully 8.2 ptr what races we can look forward to! I’m hoping vulpera and sethrak myself :green_heart:

1 Like

Keep in mind, Vulpera had all these customization options and fit in all armor (including helmets) better than the Kultirans did, who were announced months ago. It wasn’t until months later they had more than one face option, and didn’t have the helmet clip through the faces.
https://i.imgur.com/GdxCae6.png
Vulpera aren’t even announced, yet, Blizzard could add more, or they could not, we don’t know.

Vulpera should get a new desert themed caster class that doesnt use mana. They scorche enemies with light and burn them with frost and can heal allies by draining mana or energy from the target.

Sand Witches!

2 Likes

I know :stuck_out_tongue: that’s why I said that we don’t know what they’re doing with them at the given time since we haven’t seen any updates involving them since like…April of last year lol

I hope we’ll be finding out something soon though D: