Vulpera Celebration Thread! 🦊

Hmm.

Nope. Not gonna trust someone with THAT name.

4 Likes

https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/679773016703762440/923270463000567838/vulperacarol2.gif
Happy Holidays to all, and I am also always glad we got our Vulpera to play, and hope those that haven’t gotten what they wish to play yet will get their wish as well.

15 Likes

Vulperas have lovely voices!

:heart: :fox_face:

Mechagnomes are gnomes done over, vulpera are goblins done over.

Both amazing additions to their respective sides.

Happy Winters Veil to my vulpine friends :fox_face: and Mechagon Prevails! :gear:

1 Like

It is funny. One of the things we heard, before vulpera was announced as an allied race, was that they were too unique to qualify as an Allied Race. That, because they were so different, they would have to be introduced as a full race to be added. This being one of the multitude of reasons offered why they would never be playable. Once they did become playable, new reasons had to be created to dismiss them, instead - of course.

5 Likes

Junkgnomes still look like gnomes. Lame.

The difference between visuals and themes between them is stark. Unless you think worgen and humans are the same thing.

2 Likes

Worgens and humans are only the same thing when worgens are in human form. As for the models, NO, they do not use the same model. Vulpera are literally goblins with a new face, paint, and tail. Just look.

1 Like

It is sad how true this is, first its ‘they are too unique and could not be an allied race because of how unique they are’, to ‘they are just goblins’ as the poster below.

The only thing a Vulpera has to a Goblin is the internal skeleton, the internal bones of movement that players do not see.

The animations are different, the look is completely different, jokes, dance, what have you. Everything a player that actually plays one sees, is different same as a worgen formed worgen is to a human.

So yes just look, is good advice for oneself to take.

4 Likes

The Light has spoken!

2 Likes

Ah yes so the most effort- and time-consuming part. Maybe they should stop making new races and just do this for every future allied race! Since y’all love it so much!

If every new allied race gets the same amount of work done for them as was for the Vulpera, where pretty much any aspect and animation that someone that plays the race will actually see playing the game then just the base/what is just a skeleton (and not animations of casting/emotes/what have you, facial emotions, skin/visual graphical look that makes up whatever a character is, or otherwise anything again that is actually visible to the player and so that matters), then all for it.

2 Likes

Cracks door and peeks into thread
Throws kibble onto the floor and leaves

2 Likes

9 Likes

With the sleigh ride working in Orgrimmar again (hopefully it will stay fixed this time), I took some screenshots of one of my Vulpera riding it. It was a bit hard to take them, since Vulpera are small and you can’t zoom in too close to the sleigh ride as that will cause it to disappear on your screen if you do.

Here is what I came up with:

Happy Winter Veil Eve! :christmas_tree::fox_face:

6 Likes

I’ll feed you.

1 Like

Hmm… feed us what, though? :thinking:

2 Likes

I hope it’s meat.

2 Likes

I intend to make a Vulpera named “Mulder”

If you get the joke, you’re awesome!

5 Likes