Vulpera Celebration Thread! šŸ¦Š

It is great to see the topic having some activity again! (I usually have it open in one of my browser tabs, just in case - a habit, I admit, from when it was much more active). I am still completely committed to Mero the Mechanic, myself. Play him some each day, gradually making progress. Item level 218 currently, which isnā€™t too bad, considering I donā€™t do real raids and Iā€™ve still not set foot (erā€¦ paw) in a Mythic+ :fox_face:

10 Likes

Iā€™m still enjoying Vulpera.

But I must admit I absolutely hate the way the glasses rest on their faces.

Glasses should have been classed as cosmetic jewelry items rather than head gear so that you could wear them with hats.

3 Likes

I want to make me one, just not sure of the classā€¦hmm

1 Like

Also enjoying all my Vulpera chars as well here

If thereā€™s a class that you have been wanting to try and you donā€™t have someone already for it, why not that?

3 Likes

Idem. I havenā€™t been able to use them that much, as shadowlands is not alt friendly.
But I have been using my warlock and warrior vulperas more in the last week.
Regrettably, vulperas cannot be paladins or druids. Sad.

5 Likes

Yeah, I know! I was originally going to make this toon a druid until I realized that wasnā€™t an option! But Monk still has DPS, heals, and tank specs, so I picked it. Itā€™s nice, but I wouldnā€™t mind druids too lol

3 Likes

My big hang up with Vulpera is that they got a lot of missed opportunities for lore.
They donā€™t actually interact with the Horde outside of an off camera reference in 8.1 and the player until the recruitment scenario.
Part of what irked me about that was that there was no build up at all.

Which is frustrating because Vulpera did have another path into becoming a Horde playable race aside from hand waving lore:
Joining the Zandalari Empire.
The Vulpera donā€™t talk to the Horde, but they do talk to the Zandalari Empire. A lot.
And it just so happens that the newest ruler is looking to establish greater diplomatic ties.
It 100% would have made sense for Vulpera to become a part of the Horde-allied Zandalari Empire. They then would still be playable mechanically, but now they would have an interesting story nuance.

It also could have been used to explain their classes better as well.

Vulpera could get a Loa tie-in and gain access to classes like Druid in the same vein as Zandalari.
Though Iā€™d have them lose Warlock becauseā€¦ honestly, thereā€™s no reason for them to be Warlocks, and thereā€™s no one they could have learned the practice from. Unless they did a post-Legion story talking about the aftermath, but of course that will never happen.

2 Likes

Tell me again how FF is the furry game?
:fox_face:
:cow:
:wolf:

4 Likes

I only have this one, but its my main, so - yey.

4 Likes

Your character is representative of the Horde and you definitely interact with them a lot during the questing experience. And during the assaults, you help rescue them from the 7th Legion/Alliance. The reason the 7th Legion attacks them is that the vulpera has been helping the Horde move supplies (itā€™s not a good reason, nor does it make them right, but does establish vulpera were already building a relationship with the Horde directly)

As far as the Zandalari, I donā€™t know that they do interact that much. During the questing experience, the guard you are with doesnā€™t seem to even know what they are - referring to them simply as ā€œfox peopleā€ rather than Vulpera. I admit, that seems somewhat weird, since there is one in Dazarā€™alor, but it feels like they wanted to imply vulpera kept to themselves until the events of BfA. If so, that would mean they interact with the Horde, or at least the Speaker of the Horde, just as much as the Zandalari before joining.

4 Likes

Donā€™t forget:
:panda_face:

3 Likes

The only true furry race FFXIV has, anyway, is the Hrothgar. Viera and Miqoā€™te (and you could argue Au Ra) are more akin to the whole catboy/girl thing - which is different than furry (humans with just animal ears and tails - and not even tails, in the case of Viera)

Edit P.S.: And donā€™t get me wrong, Hrothgar are awesome! (I play FFXIV on the side and would not dream of replacing my badass lion man on there. Heh)

2 Likes

All my foxes are alive and still kicking most have been shelved in favor of my main two I play Azerothvixen my so far only 60 and Dinohunter my hunter whose theme is taming dinos and the like though I do have one of each class they can be so I am always busy.

Fur the Horde :fox_face:

5 Likes

Our dance alone is a reason to celebrate.

5 Likes

One must always find the time to enjoy life, and dance
https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/679773016703762440/821582897810767902/flowervulperadance.gif

7 Likes

Took a few new screenshots of my Vulpera Shaman arriving in Maldraxxus!

A Vulpera champion enters the Theater of Pain. She seems to be a crowd favorite!

The Vulpera champion points at her opponent. Bring it on!

After a fierce battle, the Vulpera champion is victorious!..was there ever any doubt? Donā€™t mess with a Vulpera!

If I get a chance to take more screenshots, Iā€™ll be sure to share them here! :fox_face:

7 Likes

Unironically the best thing to come from BFA

6 Likes

This only adds to the downfall of wow
Literally any races in the game place in voldun would be better

I like the Vulpera but I wish they were bigger .

3 Likes

The size makes sense, though, since theyā€™re based on fennec foxes.

6 Likes