Vulpera Celebration Thread! šŸ¦Š

Makes a change from fox fox fox fox that my hunter has at present.

2 Likes

But then weā€™re also going to have the new shadowlands foxes with the vulpine familiar model along side the alpacas. Plus weā€™re going to be able to buy a book to tame cloud serpents in pandaria.

2 Likes

I am in the mood for a fox tail hat honestly.

Meroā€™s going to be keeping his hyenas Juri & Riggs. If theyā€™d made raccoons- like those in Tiragarde Sound - tameable, I wouldā€™ve been tempted to switch. I did ask, I think it almost happened - but next time, maybe!

4 Likes

Iā€™m still upset DKā€™s are limited on what they can tame with control undead.

2 Likes

Us hunters will also be able to tame undead beasts as pets too, including Precious and Stinky in ICC.

I feel this so much. Just have to settle with slamming things into the ground as mighty 2H Frost.

1 Like

So you might remember that I mentioned making two Vulpera characters: A female enhancement shaman and a male affliction warlock. Iā€™ve shown off a few screenshots of the shaman, but I figured it was time to give my warlock some love. Heā€™s the last of my current alts Iā€™m trying to get to L120, where Iā€™ll have 40 characters and 10 spots for future races/classes.

To start, Iā€™ve managed to put an outfit on him that goes with his fur color, but doesnā€™t really fit the image of being a Warlock. I actually have a couple of Priest characters with roughly the same transmog on, so until I play around with transmogs, Iā€™m going with the backstory that he walks around with such garb in the open so people think he is a priest and not take offense to his actual class (though heā€™s not evil at all). If the link doesnā€™t match the following screenshots, itā€™s because Future-Bagzak eventually found a transmog that fits him. Also, the tabard is there because thatā€™s the next rep Iā€™ll grind for when I can solo run some dungeons as opposed for a fashion statement.

Anyway, Iā€™ve been getting into taking some screenshot artwork in-game and giving story text for it in other megathreads, so I figured why not do it with my Vulpera? Note that I took my tabard off in some screenshots and meant to keep it off, but either I forgot to or it was an ā€œat-the-momentā€ screenshot opportunity I didnā€™t think of preparing for beforehand.

I took a screenshot of my Shaman getting her artifact weapon, so I figured Iā€™d do it for my Warlock.

Here he is, getting ready to march forth and help beat up a pit lord.

Success! Never mess with a Vulpera! They have a big heart to know how to beat up others!..and this Vulpera will have another big heart to power up the area in a few moments.

Getting saluted by his new underlings. Gotta love the respect!

Getting to BfA, where the world is in his hands! Watch out Alliance, for the foxpocalypse is coming!

And finally, getting to Zuldazar and looking out in the horizon with the Zandalari King. Many adventures await him!

Thatā€™s all I have for now. Again, not the perfect transmog and I did forget to remove the tabard a few times, but Iā€™m kinda happy with the backstory I created for him.

Itā€™s amazing to be able to actually have Vulpera characters. Seems like it was a long time ago that the megathread was going on and we were posting support for them, and to actually have the Vulpera characters I wanted to create was a dream come true. They were one of my most wanted races, after all.

Iā€™m thankful for all the hard work the Vulpera community has done, and it definitely was an inspiration for me to start my march of support for Saurok and Ogres on the Horde, along with supporting all the different megathreads that others have made. It has been a long road, but itā€™s awesome to see people come together to support each other in the races they want playable.

I may take more screenshots as the mood strikes me and share them on here. Right now, Iā€™m focusing on getting this last character to L120, and then I likely could use a break from the game (not the forums, of course) as Iā€™ve been leveling characters nonstop while the double exp is going on for a few months. Totally worth it, though, as I love my alts.

I hope everyone is enjoying their Vulpera characters. Hereā€™s to a future of foxes! :fox_face:

10 Likes

Thatā€™s awesome Dude Congrats. Keep up the hard work The Vulpera need more strong people like you to fight and defend use. I got a second chance by being raised by the Lich King and i will not waist it. I gladly weld my Swords beside you. Fur Azaroth! :fox_face:

3 Likes

That is awesome, @Bagzak!

By the way, everyone, I do not know who here attended, but today marks the second anniversary of the big Vulpera Hype Caravan meet-up/screenshot event in Uldum on BfA Beta! :fox_face:

I attended just under my normal nom du web, Leowyld, because it would be exactly two weeks later that I thought up the character of Mero the Mechanic.

3 Likes

Thank you for sharing, but you might want to hustle. Pre-patch hit the PTR and will likely be live within the month!

2 Likes

Just did a search on Battle For Azeroth, Legion, and Warlords of Draenor, the three most recent expansions. Those three saw their pre-patches hit PTR two to two and a half months before expansion launchā€¦ but, of course, the pre-patches went live about a month before expansion launch. If this follows that trend, weā€™d see a 9.0 go live in September withā€¦ an October Shadowlands launch?! That would be unexpected.

2 Likes

Sounds right, probably early Nov at the latest between the Halloween and thanksgiving events

1 Like

Yep. Iā€™d been thinking around the Day of the Dead event (because that just makes sense)

1 Like

Heh that would a cool B-day present for me. I was born Nov 1 aka Day of the Dead

1 Like

And thatā€™s the day the expansion was announced, too! (Which I donā€™t think was a coincidence). So, yeah, a couple good birthday presents for you, overall.

(Iā€™m not too jealous, I got Battle For Azeroth just a couple days before mine. :stuck_out_tongue: )

starts plotting some paid timeoff days, cough

1 Like

Soā€¦if in Blizzardā€™s infinite wisdom, bring that troll fest of ā€œzombie eventā€ as it is on the PTR to live. I probably wonā€™t be playing pre-patch for a couple weeks, which will be a bit sad.

1 Like

I donā€™t doubt there are people in the community who will enjoy that. But I am completely with you. And I can say that with total confidenceā€¦ because I took a couple weeksā€™ break when they did the same thing for Wrath.

1 Like

Same here, making a new character and trying to corpse run through org to get to where one can try the new leveling experience is not fun.

May end up taking such a break myself as well

1 Like