Vulpera Celebration Thread! šŸ¦Š

I find trying to define a furry by taste and behaviour to be an impossible task because as you say, there are lots of ways to be a furry.

Instead, I find the only way to accurately define a furry is to ask ā€œDo you want to be called a furry?ā€. Furry is more a community than it is anything else, and the most important factor is whether or not you do or want to participate in that community. If you want to be a furry, youā€™re a furry. If you donā€™t want to, youā€™re not.

People might argue with that. But I know a lot of people who like vulpera. Most of them like vulpera exactly the same way, but some of them say theyā€™re furries and some of them say theyā€™re not. Soā€¦ let them both be right. Everybody just enjoy your fox people and be you. You donā€™t need to worry about a label.

4 Likes

I agree, I love Vulpera and cannot wait to make one when SL comes around. I like the furry community from what I have seen of them and will be interested in perhaps being part of it when SL comes around and I make my Vulpera.

1 Like

Hoping we get some new fur color options at some point in the future too. If pandas get to be blue now, why canā€™t we be too?

3 Likes

Personally Iā€™m hoping for jewelry options, more patterns, more fur colour varients, eye colours and maybe some tattoos or warpaints idk I just want more customisation

1 Like

I donā€™t know if six hours is enough time to make an accurate/fair observation. Iā€™d say it best not to make assumptions about players and what they label themselves without asking them - especially when the label ā€œfurryā€ is oft-used with negative/disdainful connotations in the WoW community.

Edit P.S.: If youā€™re wondering, I got the six hours from the gap between that post and the one in the other topic asking if Vulpera roleplayers existed on WrA/MG.

You are a Vulpera and on WRA so it should be good to ask you. So what is it like on there as a Vulpera? Is there a big community for Vulperas? Do people treat you different because you are a Vulpera in regards to roleplay?

Wyrmrest Accord has been my main server for most of Battle For Azeroth. So, I donā€™t really know much about playing a Vulpera on another server. I donā€™t actively roleplay, really. But I do use TRP to share extra character info and a bit of backstory Iā€™ve thought of. Most push-back I got for playing a Vulpera was early on and I doubt it was specific to Wyrmrest Accord, because I saw it as much on forums and on Twitter (where it was primarily driven by the ā€œEwww, Furries!ā€ crowd). Thatā€™s why Iā€™m somewhat vigilant on that matter, Iā€™ve seen some bad faith actors on Twitter around that subject.

Edit P.S.: For what itā€™s worth, I do have a Vulpera guild on WrA and at least several of my members have never labeled themselves furry, to my knowledge. (We are a small guild, currently)

3 Likes

I play mostly elves but I do love Vulpera and seeing them in roleplay. I actually wish my guild had more Vulpera :stuck_out_tongue:

2 Likes

/pet

/pet /pet /pet /pet

4 Likes

who else is using heterochromia?

1 Like

That command, are you trying to become someoneā€™s pet? Iā€™m very sorry, Iā€™ve got my hands full with the hyenas. But Iā€™m sure youā€™ll find a nice owner! :smiley:

1 Like

/headpat

/headpat /headpat /headpat

2 Likes

Hey guys, can we all make sure weā€™re brushing our coats on a daily basis please? Hair is getting all over my clothes.

2 Likes

My wishes have come true??? I need to grab Shimeji and head to the desert tomorrow morning! Please let it be true! :pray:

4 Likes

With the current weather foxes are still shedding their winter coats.

Remember to help with brushing to get all that loose fur

1 Like

I know heterocrhomia is a super popular character design feature these days but Iā€™m honestly eyeing the new purple eye colour personally.

3 Likes

I canā€™t lie I did consider that one.

1 Like

I canā€™t have eye color. Iā€™m a DK, still thatā€™s good to know on the tails bit. Looking forward to it. :slight_smile:

2 Likes
3 Likes

Tooā€¦freakingā€¦adorableā€¦ thud

2 Likes