Vulpera Celebration Thread! šŸ¦Š

I encountered some issues on Wyrmrest Accord, mostly early on. People spit emoting on me. Been called a rat. Iā€™ve seen it some here on forums, but Iā€™m seldom anywhere other than this topic lately, so thatā€™s not an issue. For me, the biggest pushback Iā€™ve gotten for my Vulpera enthusiasm is on Twitter. If you dare show any enthusiasm for Vulpera in reply to an official WoW tweet or one from a major news siteā€¦ trolls attack. Last time, I had a couple people accuse me of being a predator and that I should be kept away from children solely because of my being a Vulpera fan. (Sad thing is, even though I have a good amount of followers, only one person directly defended me against such personal attacks. It can be discouraging)

4 Likes

That is some of the most pathetic leaps of logic Iā€™ve ever seen and sorry that happened. Definite fail on the moderators for not banning those people.

Not even pandas got this much hate.

Itā€™s really making me start to hate the Horde faction and its community. I know not everyone is like that, but this is ridiculous.

4 Likes

Unfortunately, the overt hate fetish much of the internet has for anything even resembling ā€œteh furriesā€ is as unstoppable and unrelenting as it is irrational and pointless.

As to why the Vulpera get the worst of itā€¦ I think foxes are more ā€œarchetypalā€ to that fandom than cows (Tauren are the original Horde furries), and unlike Pandaren, Vulpera are exclusively Horde. Also, given that the Horde is the aggro meathead faction, all hostile reactions are going to be that much more extreme.

3 Likes

Yeahā€¦Iā€™m getting that. While I wonā€™t delete my vulpera, Iā€™m reallyā€¦reallyā€¦considering just going back to playing worgen.

Anyway Iā€™m sorry for being a downer in this thread. You all have a nice day.

1 Like

Itā€™s ok. Your frustrations are definitely valid. And you are not alone. Hopefully, things will get better as time passes.

3 Likes

Iā€™m sorry to hear you guys are getting push back. But Iā€™d like to offer a perspective that might help you feel better about it:

First, Vulpera are here for good. No amount of troll temper tantrums will ever get blizzard to remove Vulpera from the game now that theyā€™re here. The war is over and the vulpera fans won.

Second, the people who feel the need to attack you for playing a vulpera are probably not people you want to associate with whether youā€™re playing a vulpera or not. Now those people will out themselves in the first ten seconds of you meeting them so you donā€™t need to waste your time talking with them for a few minutes BEFORE you figure out theyā€™re dinks.

14 Likes

Thanks for that Eevee. Also with some input from a few others in another thread. I am feeling better now.

I will continue with my foxy head held high and if the trolls and the tryhard edgelords donā€™t like it. They can kiss the fluffiest part of my behind.

10 Likes

Take a heart or two for the road :blue_heart: Got my new main out of hibernation to post here to you.

Really itā€™s likely just bad luck or server issues, Utsuhofox. I have maybe maybe had one negative comment directed at one of my several Vulperas. 99.9% of any kind of feedback from the general populace is /pet or /cuddle or curiosity. I just go about my business, not making a pest of myself. For the record Iā€™m a native to the combined realms of Uther / Runetotem.

You keep that foxy head held high! There is literally nothing to compare to our animations and overall fluid movements. By and large the Vulperas I run into are pretty chill as well.

I have such a blast running around as Shimeji. It really breathed new life into the game for me. :smile:

:beers:

5 Likes

Iā€™m happy to say that Iā€™ve had very little negativity directed my way due to the fact that I play a vulpera. Definitely got tons of /pets and /cuddles, especially in the first couple weeks of 8.3 going live.

5 Likes

I have not had any problems.
In fact, some people tend to send me nods and / Hi.

In a Dg, I was, 3 more vulpera and a troll.

He was surprised to see so many vulperas in the same group. :fox_face:

1 Like

oh yeah well youā€™re ugly

howā€™s that for negativity

Youā€™re just upset because she used to post as a Worgen. ā€¦unless Iā€™m getting my Saiures mixed up.

No need to be a big meanie. :face_with_raised_eyebrow:

3 Likes

call me mean again and i swear im telling genn on you

also, i left a hidden message, see if you can find it

Lol. Well, Gennā€™s a bit more edgy than me so Iā€™ll be nice :grin:

Dang. That message really is hidden! Hint?

ill never reveal my secrets

2 Likes

I just heard the ā€œmission failedā€ sound :laughing:

Heā€™s just jealous cause worgen donā€™t have big fluffy tails like us. (At least not yet, still holding out hope for that shadowlands customization).

And yes, worgen Saiure is my alliance side hunter. Iā€™ve also posted a lot as my shaman Risika, in the previous megathreads.

5 Likes

I havenā€™t had any issues at all over playing my Vulpera. I am sorry others are not so fortunate. Maybe Earthen Ring(RP) is a little more accepting.

2 Likes

praise be to the cutey foxes!

3 Likes

Finally leveled a Vulpera up to max and unlocked the heritage armor. Though I only wanted the hood and back pack from it. For the record Iā€™ve never gotten any flak from playing a Vulpera other then people cracking jokes about babysitting when theyā€™re the only non Vulpera in the group. :fox_face:

7 Likes