Vrykul Allied Race

they will never be alliance. The kultirans where clearly that model. With that said they wouild never join horde either. We had a chance with Sylvanas as warchief for that counterpart. They should be a third faction with sylvanas and whatever she does later. Helya should kill Odyn and retain Valarjar for herself as a renowned Valkyr in a new form between light and shadow. That way she unites all vrykuls into one, just like the orc clans:) enjoy.

1 Like

Ha heck no Vrykul should be a neutral race like pandaren. You should be able to choose what faction to fight for

1 Like

sylvanas abandon the horde so you never know they might join the horde now

1 Like

Are we gonna have Ogres be neutral too?
Vrykul should be alliance and Ogres should be horde.
Be a good pair to add as they’re both progenitors of the main faction races huma/orcs.

4 Likes

I’m a Crusader and I say Yes for Alliance Vrykul.

Been wanting to be a Norse/Viking Warrior since Wrath.

5 Likes

Only human race we are missing.

Kt is a poor substitute no matter how I MOG them.

4 Likes

I want playable night fae

I actually made a thread about this before but most people were saying it was impossible because covenants would never join our factions

For me I want an undead and worgen allied race.

How did you unlock the necromancer class?

I think it’s too late for Vrykul to be an allied race because of Kul Tirans. I mean, Vrykul aren’t fat but the two would probably be too similar. Big tall humans. It might work but, eh.

give em to the horde you guys get mogu

It’s never too late. Just make them more savage than the KT humans and even bigger on the player’s screen (like they do with Tauren).

However, if we wanted to get away from the normal races and stop giving the alliance more humans, I think that shadowlands will be the perfect excuse to give the alliance something that’s actually exotic. Maybe a nightfae AR through Cenarius.

Maybe take a page from Guild Wars 2 and literally have Cenarius create a new race from the spirits of the night elves killed in Teldrassil. They could make freeing them from the maw into a huge deal though a 9.X patch dungeon, and while the Horde helps (because they can run the dungeon too) Cenarius tells the horde where to stick it when the greedy bastards beg for the new cool thing to be added to their faction instead of the Alliance (reminding them that he still has a scar from when they killed him in WC3).

Though, my vote is still for a new race that’s straight up dark and edgy with decent racial abilities. Because we have a human addiction I would suggest a literal “death-plane human”. Just go ahead and pull it out of the literal nether(s).

Just straight-up channel the 4th edition Shadar Kai (not the stupid 5e elf subspecies) and go full goth with it.

examples 1 and 2: edge, and even more edge
https://1d4chan.org/images/6/64/4e_Shadar-kai.jpg
https://1d4chan.org/images/d/d8/4e_Shadar-kai_2.jpg

Just, after Vulpera vs Mechagnomes and KT vs ZTrolls, the Alliance needs a slam-dunk new race and not some half-azzed, “This is how we think of you, and we think you’re pathetic children that love stupid stuff that can’t be taken seriously! [signed] -The Devs <3”-race.

It doesn’t matter if it’s stupid to the core. We just need something good that people want to play (with an emphasis on the latter. Nobody plays KTs or MGs. I’ve literally seen one MG since they’ve been released).

And as for the concept of Horde Vrykul, just in general…just no. Your zombie wifu isn’t a good excuse when they are our human viking-daddies. Especially when a story about a new, independently born line of humanity starts coming straight from Vrykul parents in northrend just like back in antiquity.

2 Likes

Alliance Vrykul is my biggest fantasy in WoW. Can’t wait for the Titan races to be completed.

Gnomes, Humans, Dwarves, and now Vrykul united as the Titan races of Azeroth.

3 Likes

The Alliance is filled with Humans, gnomes, dwarves, and Kul Tirans. Relatively all fleshy human like peoples. Vrykul are a titan race cursed with flesh, and the precursor to Humans. The Alliance isn’t the place for the monster races, that’s the Horde. Vrykul are literally just tall humans. So… Alliance. The Alliance playerbase wants them, but they’re so cool the Horde want them also.

2 Likes

Alliance get Vrykul, the Horde get Ogres.

Both factions get their main race’s ancestor.

Orcs control the Horde, they get their ancestor the Ogres. Humans control the Alliance, they get their ancestor the Vrykul.

5 Likes

That would do with the time wasted by blizzard in making a model that few have given relevance, obsolete.
And Vrykuls hate humans, as well as blood elves.
Ask for the purple blood elves.

I think it’s too late now, to want vrykuls to come and save ally.

And the Horde would never want ally to have anything good.

1 Like

Zandalari Trolls used to hate all other Trolls and look down on them. Lore changes.

Sure you can just list off some races to give either faction, but on a scale of what makes more sense based on relation and faction connections what is there even left?

Ogres are obviously perfect for the Horde. Vrykul perfect for the Alliance.

What other races would you give the Alliance without making the Alliance mad? Blizzard may not seem like it because we’re all p/o’d but they do listen and watch.

They just go ahead with their own vision and they never respond to us. They’re literally reading the forums. The game director read Asmongold’s negative review of BFA, on twitter. I mean Ion Hazzikostas liked it, but I’m sure Ion as a past Forum go’er himself read what Asmongold had to say.

The majority of players agree that Vrykul are bad@ss. This doesn’t mean that the Horde gets them because of bias.

The community can’t yell at those saying that Blizz has pro-Horde bias, then all of a sudden point out that because of pro-Horde bias the Alliance won’t get a good race.

The Alliance has plenty of good races. The Horde races are bad imo. It’s just preference. On a popular level, yes the Horde are probably better to most but there are just as much Alliance players so it’s still down to preference.

Vrykul will join the Alliance one day. I’ll live with my head in the clouds. If it doesn’t happen then I’ll just move on.

3 Likes

Yeah, that seems about right.

its sweet but Vykrul ditched humans because they were deformed children