Vrykul Allied Race

Nope, think again. Go read the high elf thread. It’s well explained over and over and over.

Yes they are giants, and so are ogres, both are fully doable at current heights shown in areas of the game such as the flagon of mead toy.

Naga are very doable. The gear sets don’t matter, there’s races that already make special accomodations for gear, and there’s a thread that’s actually got a very good idea for how they could be done.

At this point you’re coming off as a definite troll and constantly derailing the topic of how Vrykul could be depicted in game as an allied race.

Back on topic…
Would a passive racial for both Ogres and Vrykul of something like
Long legged -Passive 5% run speed.
Due to the model size, the run speed can feel a little slow, try playing while using the flagon of mead.

There is nothing suggesting that Kul Tirans were a compromise in place of, nor mutually exclusive with, playable Vrykul. That, friend, is called your opinion – you find me a Blizzard statement that says, “we gave you Kul Tirans instead of Vrykul, and the latter isn’t ever going to be a thing”, and we’ll talk.

I’ll wait.

As for High Elves, I’m not going to respond to further commentary about them in this thread. Primarily because this isn’t the proper venue, but secondarily because I’d hope you’d try to make these flimsy arguments in the appropriate thread (so that I can get some :popcorn: and thoroughly enjoy seeing your positions dissected piece by piece).

1 Like

The only thing this statement proves is that the educational system is doing more harm than good. It got a pity laugh out of me, though, so congratulations.

You must link me to the fanfiction thread where you learned that portmanteau.

That’s because “high elves are blood elves” is not what Ion said – and because this is not what Ion said, it is perfectly reasonable that people would categorically reject any assertion(s) that you put forward if such assertion(s) are entirely reliant upon a citation which doesn’t even exist.

Just a couple thousand posts in the last week or so, but yeah, “dead”.

I see that a rejection of objective fact colors all of your commentary, and not just that related to High Elves or Vrykul. Interesting.

IMHO, time to simply :white_flag: this troll and move on, boys and girls.

Already have been =D

2 Likes

Vrykul on the Alliance would be neat to see, since they make a great counterpart for Ogres on the Horde. Both are big, strong, fearsome races with warrior-like cultures and both are excellent shipwrights and sea faring, though Vrykul moreso than Ogres on the sea faring part. I’d be happy to see them.

2 Likes

Alliance Vrykul and Horde Ogres.

They already have Vrykul toys and Ogre toys we can switch our appearance too. Saying they’re too big is not a problem because they work with the sizes we have on the toys.

They made up the new Kul Tiran model for the Alliance. Return the favor with Ogre females and finally give the Horde what they want.

I want to play as a big human. Finally. Please Blizzard!

2 Likes

They’d have to downsize them by a large amount. I think the max height for any playable race is about Tauren height… any taller and you have issues with doors. And if you downsize the Vrykul that much… are they really Vrykul anymore?

1 Like

Look at the toys they have in game. Sure they do sort of clip through certain areas but for the most part its never a problem.

The size of Vrykul appearance and the Ogre appearance works.

Vrykul would be the tallest race but It shouldn’t be a problem. Horde has had the height dominated races forever. Just giving 1 race on the Alliance that is taller isn’t a problem.

2 Likes

The issue isn’t whether or not the Alliance can have a tall race. The issue is trying to fit a level 20 Vrykul into the stockades or Deadmines without them clipping through the roof of the dungeon.

If you want to keep the size the same, you’d then have to go and redo all those low level dungeons with low hanging ceilings.

Like I said… there would be door issues. Taurens can fit through those doors… sometimes barely but the can. Because the game was designed with playable characters of that size in mind.

Anything bigger and they won’t fit.

Heck yah, muscley huge tattooed humans baby!

I run dungeons as a vrykul with the toy. No clipping issues. The height of the Vrykul toy is taller than any race currently. Try it out.

The Faintly Glowing Flagon of Mead is the toy. No problems basically playing with the appearance of a Vrykul already and its lore-friendly due to height.

Same thing with Ogres. These MASSIVE big ones you see out in the world aren’t necessarily representative of all of the race. Just like Orcs there are bigger Orcs and smaller Orcs. I guess a smaller clan of Vrykul would join the Alliance and a smaller tribe of Ogres would join the Horde.

You’re not wrong though. There should be something Blizzard considers when making these big races. Vrykul do clip through smaller Alliance buildings often but its not necessarily an issue. Draenei clip through sideways with many different pieces of armor. So whats having entrances clip your head vertically shouldn’t be an issue.

Why only tolerate horizontal clipping from Taurens and Draenei but not the vertical clipping of Ogres and Vrykul? Only entrances will affect this and I guess my “standing at the doorway into Goldshire Inn experience is ruined forever. I mean literally 99% of everything else is fine but I want my doorway experience to NOT be clipped.”

Clipping is an issue for so many people. Look at Vulpera. If you haven’t yet on the PTR. Their tails are horrible. Using any 2h weapon or long 1h weapons look so bad. Their fluffy tail ruins it for me. Rogues or casters can beat the problem.

4 Likes

The whole point of allied races is to produce quick wins for blizzard and to be able to add existing races quickly with less work. I use Taurens as the max height example because they were the biggest race in the game when it launched.

As such everything was designed with their height in mind… going taller means potentially some Blizzard employee is going to have to go through all the low hanging areas and see if a Vrykul could fit without having the Camera go wonky on them more than with the Tauren. They might have be fixing things for years so it meets with whatever internal standard they have setup for their game.

Which means they end up spending more time and money into trying to either fix how Vrykul operate under low hanging Ceilings… or they have to redesign parts of the world to accommodate them. While I think Vrykul would be interesting addition to the Alliance - I also acknowledge that it will be one those “we need to do alot more work to make it viable” options which will cost them more to produce.

Ogres have a completely different set of issues… but their height isn’t one of them because Ogres of various sizes have been shown, and while they are supposed to be bigger than Orcs… they don’t have to be that much bigger. Ogres do lack a female model though… so again Blizzard would have to spend time and money to design an entire new model from the ground up so that they’d have it fit their cookie cutter character creation screen. This would again put them into the “we need to do a lot more work to make it viable” options which will cost them more to produce category.

1 Like

True about all of that.

For sure that’s why the Allied Races for the most part are just reskins. The Zandalari and Kul Tiran both being more new models. Nightborne as well. Althought the Zandalari was altered from the Night Elves and the Nightborne as well.

So the Horde got 2 races with the Night Elf model. Some said that Kul Tiran were based off of Rexxar’s model. I’m not for sure about all of this. Just rumors. I did check up on Rexxar’s most recent model. I can kind of see it but Idk how it moves etc. I’d say no but can’t verify.

Thats why both Ogres and Vrykul should be full base races. Not Allied. They pumped out 8 races already since the very end of Legion until now. 2 more on the way. 2 more for Worgen and Forsaken on the way as well.

I’m sure in 10.0 they could make Ogres and Vrykul. It would be alot of work as you say but it’s their call.

It would really please both factions because Ogres have been talked about since TBC days. Vrykul for the Alliance for awhile now too.

2 Likes

Horde Ogres are still my most wanted race and I’ve been wanting them since I first started playing WoW shortly after BC came out.

I’m also still of the opinion that Vrykul are a great Alliance counterpart for the reasons I listed a few posts up and also because they’re the progenitors of humans (Vrykul) and orcs (Ogres). They just seem like a fitting pair to me.

I will always support Horde Ogres as a playable race. :smiley:

3 Likes

Oh god, please no. I’m already frustrated they took the warrior fantasy in the viking direction, don’t need to have vikings coming straight outta Valhalla running everywhere too

The flagon of mead toy would be a great height for playable Vrykul. They’re still considerably taller than other races yet not overly so like the NPCs.

It’d work nicely. There’s also no door issues.

2 Likes

Give Vrykul to the horde. Alliance doesn’t need 4 differant types of humans. People complain about elves, but currently alliance has more humans than elves.

Horde needs Ogres as a counterpoint.
Then horde also needs Mok’nathal to complete it.
human < Kultiran < Vrykul
orc < Mok’nathal < Ogre

descendant, hybrid, originator

4 Likes

That’s perfect actually.

Kul Tiran models is what Rexxar already uses. It wouldn’t be that hard to roll out a female Mok’nathal. Ogres and Vrykul would be the “big” races to this mix.

This sounds perfect.

Vrykul for the Alliance, Ogres for the Horde. Can’t see it any other way. I would make all of my class alts as Vrykul just because I love them so much. Also my main. For Horde I think Ogres are cool along with Orcs imo. I really love both.

4 Likes

+1 Support. I’d play one for sure

2 Likes