Vrykul Allied Race

Vrykul for alliance, moknathal for the horde…

2 Likes

I’d return Kul’Tirans for Vrykul.

Tall, muscular Vikings > Morbid Obesity.

3 Likes

Vrykuls would be a good thing for the Alliance!

1 Like

It’s sort of interesting that so many people who play Horde are totally alright with
Alliance-side Allied Races being “compromises”, but whom would almost certainly not be happy about similar “compromises” if they’d be attached to Horde-side Allied Races.

As for the topic, yes, Vrykul are a perfectly reasonable request. In fact, most folks that have paid any attention to the goings on in Drustvar, any/all Druid-related content, and the new 8.1.5 enchanting questline would probably agree that Vrykul are the much more natural choice and the Kul Tirans (like the Void Elves, and Lightforged Draenei before them) are just an elaborate joke dreamed up by @Mumper or @DaveKosak or @WatcherDev.

3 Likes

Yes. I want this. I want to make a Vrykul warrior or shaman. Vrykul, as long as they keep their size, would be awesome.

I like the idea of Vrykul and Ogres…then have Broken paired with Mok’nathal.

I figured they’d go with the size that the Flagon of Mead makes you.
It’s a bit smaller than the NPCS, but a Kul tiran comes up to about their breast/peck. So they’re still head and shoulders taller.

1 Like

vrykul are not reasonable
they are giants, the thought is ridiculous

Kul tirans have the compressed giants and they do look better

you want to talk about compromise?

Nightborne

enough said

Oh my gosh! whenever I see the words compromise and Alliance in the same sentence, I already anticipate the disappointment!

1 Like

unwillingness to compromise separates children from adults.

Petty grounds for something disappointing, it also separates the adults from children!

1. Though the phrase “half-giant” is utilized on their Wowpedia entry, it is objectively incorrect – they aren’t related to giants, in an evolutionary sense, sharing with them only the commonality of being created by the Titans.

2. It’s likely that Vrykul are the least consistent race in the game, as it pertains to depicted height(s) – there are some Vrykul that are only slightly larger than Night Elves or Tauren, and some which are 2-3 times that height. If we consider that Blizzard has made a decade-long habit of over-sizing NPC’s to make selecting them as a target easier (especially inside dungeons and/or raids), it’s absolutely plausible that they’re canonically intended to be 7-8 feet tall.

While it doesn’t confirm their canonical height, one way or the other, the toy Faintly Glowing Flagon of Mead turns the player into a 7-8 foot Vrykul – with a semi-functioning set of animations (i.e. many toys don’t work while riding mounts, the Faintly Glowing Flagon of Mead does).

It’s infinitely more likely that they’re intended to be 7-8 feet tall, and Blizzard has simply over-sized Vrykul NPC’s historically to make them more visible (as they’ve done with almost every race, in every dungeon, in every raid, in every expansion, ever), than it is for Vrykul to be intended to be 16-20 feet tall and all other instances whereby they’re less than this are mistakes from Blizzard.

An opinion, nothing more.

You’re going to have to explain how the most heavily requested race, of all those introduced in Legion, is in any way a “compromise”. The fact that they were implemented so heinously (i.e. terrible customization options) doesn’t in any way, shape, or form make them a “compromise”.

3 Likes

7-8 foot tall seems way off.
If we uses 6ft as the average male human height, the flagon of mead puts their head at belt level, so you’re about 12 ft tall. Very acceptable height.

With the large kul tirans being a bit of a hybrid between vrykul and human, they come up to about the breast of the Mead Vrykul, also a pretty good mid height.

The vrykul npcs are still bigger and likely oversized as you’d mentioned.

Kul Tirans are playable vrykul
and
blood elves are playable high elves

Neither of these correctly captures the culture or appearances of the desired races.

First off, High Elf culture nominally died with Prince Kael Thas dubbing his people now Blood Elves, and officially ended with his death as the last of the highborne royalty.

Meaning, that now there is only blood elf culture.

The vrykul are giants. You are not going to get them unless some tuning is made. They are in the same bracket as naga. There wont be a naga because they are not anatomically suited to gear sets.

I think a lot of people have given up on them on the assumption that Kul’Tirans “stole” their spot. Kind of like Lightforged and Broken.

Personally though I’d love to see them, especially in the Alliance.

Vrykul, Mogu, Naga would be beautiful Allied Races for the factions. TBH, they should be “Core” races already in the game. Would love to play any of these OP ! Cheers :heart::blue_heart::clinking_glasses::sunglasses::heart_eyes:

2 Likes

This is, objectively, incorrect. Alas, however, this isn’t the High Elf Discussion Thread and so this is entirely the wrong place for you to be peddling your fanfic that High Elves don’t exist.

The portion of your statement that I’ve bolded, above, is entirely agreeable to basically everyone who has ever asked for playable Vrykul – so we all agree, Vrykul aren’t going to be implemented with egregiously large models, and instead were they to happen they’d likely have more “normal” models.

If you could let up on the otherwise troll-like commentary, though, it’d be for the best.

2 Likes

That tuning is called compromise or also called…

Kul Tirans

Next, you are just plain wrong about high elves. that’s it, you’re wrong, fact check yourself.

High elves are blood elves are high elves

Smell compromise?
So it’s done for the Alliance!

And the Alliance must have a defeatist attitude with everything that looks less than it could hope for, because craving anything else that gives any sense of achievement is an offense to the Horde!

High elves? Not! Just a placeholder blood belf purple! Something that will always remember that Ally can not have High Elves! Compromise!

Vrykuls? Not! A bunch of sailors with obesity, instead of giant vikings! More compromise!
I am ahead, where the horde receives draconics and Ally, sporeggar!

3 Likes