Vrykul Allied Race

Why not Blizz used it for 10 years on High Elves and they had a way larger population.

I dont dislike them they just wouldnt join in on a war its not in their nature. Rexxar is unusual in that fact but even he rarely joins with the Horde for long.

Draenei (at least the MU ones…), Tauren, Pandaren are peaceful races, that didn’t prevented them to join a faction meaning that they would have to do violent stuff.
Rexxar was a chill guy living his simple life in Durotar with Misha and his rock pillow, but he voluntered to help the Horde into kicking Daelin and the humans out of their territory, when asked to do bloody stuff for a good reason, the Mok’nathal attend the call.

Thus far, every Allied Race has been simply another faction of an existing playable race – and I suspect something like a Vrykul, or Ogre, wouldn’t qualify as such and is likely being kept on the shelf to be utilized as a standalone feature for an appropriate expansion (which likely means not 9.0, as that is expected to add a new class).

I’m right there with you, though, very few of the Allied Races thus far have truly excited me. It’s amazing how well Blizzard did with the Dark Iron, and Void Elves are quite good (primarily because Thalassians quite literally complete the Alliance’s historical aesthetic, and even though Void Elves don’t complete it as properly as High Elves would they’re certainly interesting).

Meanwhile, Lightforged Draenei are the most lackluster option that could’ve been added that are related to Draenei. I was on the PTR for like three hours last night looking at Kul Tirans (and Zandalari), both were found wanting. Neither really capture the spirit(s) of their cousins (playable Stormwind Humans, playable Darkspear Trolls).

Also, I sincerely doubt you’ll be seeing Vulpera as an Allied Race. There are too many mentions and tie-in’s with Hobart Grapplehammer for the Horde-side in BfA for that slot not to go to Gilblins. He’s literally one of your five mission table followers.

You might not be wrong, although I tie Vrykul to big humans… Kind of what I would prefer instead of KT, but that’s just me. Fingers crossed that it still happens one way or the other.

It’s really sad. I turned my main into a Void Elf, but that was simply a convenience thing because she used to be a Blood Elf. Honestly, I am not impressed with playing a Void Elf at all because their skin just clashes with almost all of my mogs. There’s no race I really want to play so far.

I dunno. Even if they were implemented I would miss out anyway since they would be Horde, so I stopped caring quite awhile ago.

1 Like

Can’t, too tall for player race

Shrunk to tauren height, or less since alliance door height, would make them moot.

Do you know why we got Kultiran? People kept asking for impossible Vyrkul.

1 Like

I don’t get why Sylvanas enslaving Eyir is a bad thing. Why wouldn’t you want an immortal, indestructible endless undead army to fight an immortal, indestructible endless demon army? I’m sure she wouldn’t use those new Forsaken for any nefarious reasons!

And Kultiran have gotten some pretty negative feedback. I guess we will see how many people play them, and how many of them are druids.

Is the Kul in Kul’Tiran from the Kul in VryKul? I’m honestly wanting to know because I think that would be awesome, if they kept some of their original name - since someone explained that Kul’Tirans were originally Vrykuls and Humans who mingled, and the Kul’Tirans we see and play as today are their descendants. Awesome homage to their ancestry if so! Also, if this is the case, perhaps it’s blizzard’s way of giving the playerbase vrykul, or a form of vrykul in that the kul’tirans have vrukul blood. Awesome to ponder! Thanks, all! Peace!

That’s the running theory, and its also annoying people because the Alliance seems to be getting ‘races that vaguely have a connection to what you want’ as opposed to the Horde getting “Everything you want on a silver platter”

1 Like

Don’t get me wrong, I would’ve much preferred Vrykul (or, even, the Drust) to Kul Tirans.

Unfortunately, Vrykul didn’t/don’t fit the pattern that Blizzard appears to be sticking with for Allied Races; but that certainly shouldn’t be taken to mean they’ll never be added to the game, by the more traditional means of each faction receiving a playable race every other expansion.

1 Like

Kul’tirans head comes up to about the breast area on the Vrykul form given by the Flagon of Mead. Still plenty tall.

NPCs are often portrayed as being larger.
The NPC Vrykul size is likely a bit too big.

Now on to a question…

With Kul’tirans (especially the males) being visually similar to Vrykul, due to lineage, would it be acceptable to use the Kul’tiran animation rig to flesh out a Vrykul allied race? Finish out proper models to HD quality. Add new Voicelines, and go with a height something like the Flagon of Mead toy grants.

I think it’d work nicely.

Would the female KT animation rig work for the female Vrykul or would we be better off using the orc female (which they’re already based off)?

We also know the Blood Wake are a bigger presence. Would this tie into an introduction? (I need to read up on them)

The name could likely be traced back both to Vrykuls and Tyr. As Tyr went south to where he fell in Tyr’s Fall later called Tirisfal. There were Vrykul that followed him as well as the beginnings of the human race that were sent south.

" However, not all vrykul could bear to kill their own flesh and blood. Despite their king’s harsh decree, they sheltered their children and took them away to a land far away from Northrend, the modern [Tirisfal Glades]. They had heard stories of the vrykul clan that had followed Tyr and had settled in that area, and decided it was a safe haven for their children. There they nursed and raised their children in secret, and taught them the stories and values of ancient vrykul society. Finally, with heavy hearts, they left them in the care of the vrykul that inhabited Tirisfal, before returning to Northrend. These outcast vrykul “runts” would later form their own cultures and kingdoms, and became known as [humans]."

Perhaps with the Bloodwake being a possible story branch, that could give an opponent that some of the Vrykul of Stormheim join as an Allied race to fight against?

I think the argument against this being an allied race due to height goes out the window since the beacon now let’s us take Vrykul form, for the record. Sadly, there are no female Vrykul options with the beacon as far as I can tell.

2 Likes

Do you mean Kul Tirans? they already are an allied race

Did I say kul tirans? No.

3 Likes

Yes you did,

Kul Tirans are the Vrykul compromise

you’re welcome

Not hardly.
Vrykul and Ogres both need to be added.

3 Likes

The flagon of mead toy is also a great height for a playable version.

2 Likes

I was thinking of Vrykul being a pair with San’layn or something.
two Northrend pairs

I’d been picturing it more coupled with Ogres so both factions get the giant progrenitor race of their primary race.

Broken and Mok’nathal, survivors of broken worlds.

Perhaps High Elves and San’layn.

I don’t think KT were a compromise for Vry’kul, and still see them as a reasonable allied race.

3 Likes