Vote to kick must be removed to new players

A new player wouldn’t know that though.

The XP is mediocre to level with now from 60-70. I only got about a half of a level from one.

Okay? You go to queue for a dungeon. A new option exists. You click it.

Using your logic a new player also wouldn’t have any reason to not select it as they wouldn’t know any different outside of it being new and thereby interesting.

Well that’s less fun.

The gear isn’t too bad, though. My lizard experiment did get heroic dungeon ilevel pretty fast. So that was nice.

you don’t get to timewalking by just going to queue for a dungeon though - you have to go through the adventure journal to queue in the 60s.

Even then someone 60 should already know the basic stuff if they did any dungeons whatsoever leveling up to 60.

this still shows nothing about any blue posts that say tanks never solo timewalkings…try again :slight_smile:

so one person found timewalkings to be hard? doesn’t mean they are overtuned because one person found them to be difficult… sorry :slight_smile:

When I started playing FF 14 they had a great feature for new players. You have a special icon that shows you are a new player. Veteran players gain bonus rewards when you are in their party in a dungeon. Players can even volunteer to become mentors to help new players. There is also a special chat channel just for them. I have never been berated or abused once. Now that’s the kind of system WoW needs.

Yes, you absolutely can just open group finder and queue for Timewalking. I have never once opened the Adventure Guide to run Timewalking.

I didn’t think you could be so new that you had access to Timewalking and didn’t understand your kit. Don’t you need to have the ability to use Chromie Time to access timewalking before cap?

You can absolutely queue through the LFG feature for TW. You have never had to use the adventure guide.

You’re also now arguing my point about mechanics for me?

I am confused.

Ya it happens.

Just don’t usually see it unless it’s causing wipes. People put up with inexperienced tanks ( tanks really should learn the content and routes as DPS ) because it’s hard to get a replacement. And there’s usually someone over geared providing enough pad that a couple people running around throwing wiffle balls is no big deal.

But if the groups wiping it may be a game of “You’re the weakest link” It’s not great, it sure doesn’t feel good. But as a group they needed more of something and unless someone wants to step out to bring in a ringer it’s probably going to be the weakest link that gets sacrificed to complete the run.

Shoot me an in game message amigo, I’ll come hang with you and your friend, that way nobody gets kicked. We can also help your friend out with rotations and such if ya want.

Semper Fi! :us: :ukraine:

2 Likes

You’re not wrong. It isn’t extremely prevalent. But there are a lot of toxic people in this game in pugs. lol

I’m still of the opinion that while this can happen and the community isn’t all that welcoming to newbies… no one should be leaving their friend to the wolves and letting them pug on their own when they’re new.

1 Like

I think Blizzard should add an extra special queue for newbies that both new players and veterans could opt in so the people who are impatient with new players could just queue on the regular ones and the people willing to help could queue with the newbies.

Also newbies could just queue for regulars if they feel like they’'re prepared for or are with friends.

Cool story bro.

I just tried it on my 64 - doesn’t come up in the queue system

oh it also comes up in the drop down menu which again isn’t likely for a new player to be hunting around in.

It’s an issue with all games and not riding the first wave. And with people that can’t admit any fault in themselves. They’re usually the root cause and usually the ones throwing undeserved blame in every direction.

As for throwing newbs into pugs. I always say you’re going to have some bad runs so don’t worry about irate players and don’t take it personally. Look at the guides and figure out what went wrong then run it again.

Time walking isent really hard content dude that needs carry lmao

If a majority is needed if only to run introductory/leveling content and avoid a mechanic being abused by the ‘community’ then that mechanic simply needs to be removed since the playerbase is nothing but a bunch of regressive man-children that can not be trusted with said tool.

WoW needs to finally go the FFXIV route when dealing with these situations and hand out perma bans to people who are weaponizing the system against new players. They literally cannot learn because the entrenched, rotting playerbase keeps them from doing so. Either fix it or remove the ‘MMO’ part from your single-player RPG.

2 Likes