Vote to kick must be removed to new players

@Blizzard must remove vote to kick for new players i have a friend that want to start to play and was so exited when she get into a timewalking, but she doesnt know much about rotation or mechanics so people vote to kick her and she was so sad about this, has a veteran player i must condemn this policy is terrible.

85 Likes

I’m sorry that your friend was kicked out. However, it makes sense that the rest of the group would kick out someone who doesn’t know the rotation or the mechanics. I wouldn’t do that especially if they say they are new but many people will. If you have a new player, you should go as a group of three or more so you are the majority and therefore cannot be kicked. Additionally, you should advise your friend about the mechanics and their rotation because it is unreasonable to expect other players to carry your friend for free.

79 Likes

No one should be obligated to carry someone who isn’t contributing, regardless of reason.

66 Likes

I had this happen to friends of mine. Getting kicked in any level of content is stressful even for veteran players. I wish WoW characters had a option for beginner or novice icon next to their names like ff14. People are much more understanding when they know the player is a novice.

64 Likes

This is the way, and since the systems work the way they do, they need an LFG for “Newcomer LFD” so that new players can learn a dungeon together the way we all did back at the start. It’s how you meet people, make friends, and learn to play.

51 Likes

Knowing the people in WoW, would basically just be painting a target on their back for people to be even MORE toxic.

24 Likes

Please help direct your friend to a site that helps show how to properly do rotations like icy veins or something. As for mechanics, maybe give her a quick run down in vc or something.

Honestly so many people i did while doing a lil tw grind didn’t know several of the mechanics lol but it was all good, never was tempted to try to vote kick anyone.

Better to help educate someone than to kick em and make em feel alienated. That’s definitely a contributing factor to a dying community like this one.

7 Likes

“for free” such is the world of cross realm everything where even in situations where its absolutely impossible to actually pay anything. People expect “payment” in some way shape or form. Things sure are different from the old days, before cross realm everything.

That said, There is nothing wrong with forming a premade and queing, assuming theres enough people available for that be it guild friends or real life friends. People need to realise though that not everyones real life friends are gamers so thats not always a reliable go-too just as some people dont mesh with guilds, or play in small close knit guilds that dont reliably have 5 members online to protect against crossrealm pugs and all the anti social(contract) nonsense they can drag along with them

2 Likes

simple solution for your friend that will reduce group kicks by like 99%

“hey guys, i’m new, let me know if there are any mechanics I need to watch out for.”

boom, problem solved.

cuz heres the thing, most people don’t mind helping out new players -if- they know that they are new. what they don’t want to deal with is dead weight.
a simple heads up is all thats normally needed.

23 Likes

If you have a new friend that wants to play this game you need to toughen them up for at least a month before they start. These people are ruthless and toothless.

5 Likes

carry in a timewalking? 9.9 out of ten times the tank just solos the timewalking dungeon before anyone else can even catch up to loot the bosses.

17 Likes

Additionally, there is an issue with giving new players immunity to kicking.

New players will be players on new accounts. Anyone can make a new account for the sole purpose of trolling, and with kick immunity, could single-handedly make a run treacherous for anyone who joins. They could be pulling extra packs all the time and wiping the group over and over, the only way it would end is for the remaining players to leave (and potentially get a deserter debuff).

11 Likes

This is a wild thread… Timewalking takes 5-10 minutes from what i’ve done this week. Kicking someone seems so petty.

I normally agree with you, but I don’t here. Timewalking is the easiest it has EVER been. I have done 70% the boss dmg on my mage. This is not worthy of kicking someone.

12 Likes

If you want to be carried in dungeons, FF14 is the best one to play.

3 Likes

Timewalking… or any queued pve content is so easy right now. There is no reason to kick under performers. Save vote kick for toxic people instead.

22 Likes

It is pretty lame. If she ever needs someone to play along with, I’m usually around.

6 Likes

Nah.

If you’re a veteran player then surely you know at least one other person who plays WoW, that way the 3 of you can queue and she can’t be kicked.

2 Likes

For WOD timewalking specifically I never kick someone. But it sounds like they want this to apply to all queued content which I can’t support. For example, in LFR, if someone is going to wipe the group over and over, they should not be able to torment the group because they are a new player.

For example, a tank that has chat turned off and isn’t learning a mechanic should not be able to push a frontal towards the group over and over without getting removed.

I see people not get kicked doing just white damage so I dont imagine this is true.

Also, surely you practice rotations on regular mobs. A new player will have poor gear so a good rotation will be massively better than bad.

1 Like

100% how I feel. I hope everyone reads this

4 Likes