Void Elves: We too have Blue eyes

Isn’t that enough for us in the alliance ? :stuck_out_tongue:

To be frank, I am tired of this endless crusade for High Elf advocacy and blue eyes for my faction. Never thought we were so egotistic and narcissistic.

I am not for the Horde but the faction deserves more to it than just being seen primitive & stereotyped as “orcish brutes” sorts.

To be frank I am more than happy void elf was added to alliance as we needed a darker faction within our ranks that isn’t all light/holy/ goody etc.,

Let the blood elves have their own sets by right, let the horde people enjoy what they’re being given.

We in the alliance have much more and still more of the cosmetic diversity that all races emphasizes together.

I don’t want a pink-hue skin option, we’re fulled with the void, its a reason why we’re the way we are. We’re technically a meta-form of high elves just as blood elves are with fel & light changes. So too are the other races.

Expect more further customizations for races throughout SL, that’s more than enough to feel immersive

PS: Don’t like Horde but I support you guys having blood/high elves, blue eyes within your ranks. I am happy we have our elves.

PSS: Both sides are balanced with Elf races, 2/2 Night Elf Void Elf/Nightborne Blood elf

18 Likes

Until they get tolkein elves, they will whine.

If they get the chance to unlock them, they will whine about the requirement.

If they did get them and unlock them, they will whine it’s not absolutely perfect to their idea of them.

Best to ignore it, and move on.

32 Likes

This.

The whining will proceed until they get exactly what they want like children.

Hell, even if they do get High elves they will probably then start asking for Blizzard to remove the blue eyes from Blood Elves next.

18 Likes

I better hope Blizz doesn’t cave in,

Honestly its very cringe and rather immature,

Even if they inclusion did happen towards Alliance it would create another catastrophe of forums being flooded, mostly from Horde as a sense of unfairness and likely to experience faction imbalance once more.

Even in lore, the remaining high elf population are far too few and most are either joining back their blood elf brethren or void elf faction.

9 Likes

Blue Eyes where never a issue. Still aren’t.

The main reason is people want to play the Elves that have been part of the Alliance since its formation and have been shown as part of it since Vanilla.

Getting the exact opposite in Void Elves and Blood Elves potentially getting eyes that don’t actually match High Elves anyway or share the Purple Eyes isn’t going to change that.

15 Likes

This is why I am all for a silver covenant genocide. End this insanity.

We have elves.

Or make all these npc high elves go void, have the remaining windrunners join forces and go voidy.

Patch all the npcs so people finally stop using random npcs as a justification for it.

17 Likes

Sorry, the velf-colored eyes are being given to blood elves too. The same icy blue’s been datamined already.

I don’t understand why people thought Alliance would get another belf copypasta for literally just an eye color.

9 Likes

Naaaa, the main reason is people just wanted to play a Blood elf without being Horde.

Once a race is added to a faction it’s never best practice to request the exact race to the opposing faction. This never should have gained the momentum it does today.

High Elves, now called Blood elves are Horde. It’s that simple.

2 Likes

Pretty sure thats not the case atall.
Can you imagine if the Horde didn’t have orcs, and they were added onto the Alliance instead?
Its the same concept.
High elves were a core alliance race back in Warcraft 2 and 3, its what attracted a lot of people to the faction.

I can bet you if Orcs wern’t on the Horde Horde players would be in an uproar about it.

3 Likes

Archer unit only iirc.

Then lore wise we abandoned them, arthas wrecked their house, and they were left to fend for themselves.

We weren’t allied with night elves in war3 and they didn’t exist in war2. Things change.

10 Likes

This is an absurd comparison and you know it.

Those SAME elves also have reason to leave the Alliance during the Frozen Throne.

How’s that for lore??

2 Likes

That’s Void Elves.

Literally Blood Elves on the Alliance.

People where actually fine with Void Elves until they learned they where a random group of Blood Elves. Then the High Elf request went into full steam.

Void Elves…

And the ones still called High Elves are Alliance.

3 Likes

Yep. They may have been part of the alliance for a while, but they never wanted to be and left ASAP.

I support the SC being wiped out.

5 Likes

Yup. Problem? We got something as a compromise.

3 Likes

A compromise is both parties getting something they want.

Both parties got the Opposite of what they wanted.

Some Blood Elves went to the Alliance and High Elves are still not playable.

2 Likes

Curious to know who you are speaking for.

I find Void Elves far more interesting than another vanilla elf.

Void elves > High Elves.

9 Likes

Weak actually, thats really weak lore.

1. those elves were Kael’thas and his group who ended up in outland. Not the Horde bloodelves we have today.

2. Kael’s elves were persecuted by Lorderon, which was a Horde city, the forsaken are the people who did that to the bloodelves.

3. One incident of a human being a racist jerk, does not equil the decades of atrocities the High elves suffered at the hands of the orcs and the trolls.

4. Not all elves left the alliance, we’ve been showen that High elves are still a part of the alliance ever since vanilla and reminded of it in every single expansion.

5. Joining the Forsaken, is obserd, those are literally the same people who marched against Sivlermoon and genocided your race. Thats not a hatred that could realisticly be shrugged off.

The whole ‘blood elves joining the horde’ situation was very poorly written and forced as a way to put a pretty race onto the horde and boost horde players numbers. It worked, possibly worked too well as now Alliance are the dying faction in popularity. But from a story driven perspective it was really weak writing and a bad move in the long run that has forced a bunch of jarring retcons.

10 Likes

Touch wood, we have been given more character customisation for main races.

Perhaps with love and patience the same will come to Allied race (cough Blood Troll features for Zandalari, High elf appearance for void elf’s are some cool ones in my opinion)

Hey, I agree with you.

But the writing has always been second place to game mechanics. The writing went out the window the second The Burning Crusade was revealed.

But in the process of bad writing we got some awesome things. Draenei are a catastrophe in writing/retconing but in the end they are far more interesting and colorful than High elves.

You lose some, you win some.

Once BE went Horde the discussion should have ended.

3 Likes