Void elves customization

Rolling the extremely pretty Golden Elf race and patting yourself on the back for how subversive you are because they’re Horde (as if you wouldn’t have rolled them no matter what faction they were) is like one of the most hilariously preening and self-congratulatory things I’ve ever seen on these forums

The whole reason that they exist as Horde in the first place was to get Alliance players to roll Horde in BC. They’re easily the single shallowest race addition in the game’s history.

1 Like

They still gave a very good story reason for the Blood Elves to join the Horde, and they have since absolutely carved out their place in the Horde. Silvermoon is still a STARK contrast against the rest of the Horde’s architecture, but I’m pretty sure that’s the point.

3 Likes

Is this the part where we are all supposed to pretend that we played and play Horde just because of Blood Elves and that we don’t play anything outside of Blood Elves because you are way off base with most people.

2 Likes

False flagging it’s a normal occurance in high elves/void elves topics, and the posts against the homogenization are the targets.

But adding it to a side that canonically they only joined forces with due to convenience would have made perfect sense and be structurally sound huh?

4 Likes

Yeah, and the point was to provide a Horde race for people who otherwise wouldn’t play Horde in order to balance out the factions in BC. There isn’t some kind of grand, brilliant narrative here where Blizzard is trying to subvert fantasy tropes that those dummy Alliance posters are too stupid to get, the Blood Elves are an Alliance race that was made Horde to make the Horde more appealing and everything was written backwards from that premise.

lol if you think that Blizzard wouldn’t have or couldn’t have written around whatever premise they wanted to support the MMO. There certainly wasn’t any indication in Warcraft 3 that the Horde was even on the Blood Elves radar (they were all in with Illidan), all that stuff was added later to retroactively justify the decision to make them Horde.

1 Like

Which would be a false flag, because if a post doesn’t violate coc and you aren’t using it as intended…

2 Likes

Honestly they should remove upvoting as well. It’s intended to be a means for the community to identify good posts but in actual practice it’s just a means of cheerleading (LIKE MY POST IF YOU AGREE)

Like Midare and others said

In the end posts that don’t violate COC get restored but the community doing such things certainly stands out doesn’t it.

4 Likes

Even before WCIII the High elves in general had an aloof attitude towards the Alliance save for a few elements here and there. They worked with humans out of convenience, not because they were friendly with them.

But you keep telling yourself they “work better in the Alliance” while denying you’re thinking about lotr when saying this.

The day I start seeing people dealing with the consequences of their false flagging, it’s the day I’ll procure a mountain of popcorn to see the forums go up in flames.

4 Likes

These 2 images honestly feel like cherry-picking to intentionally make them look as indistinct as possible. Put either of those Void Elves next to a Blood Elf with Gold, Green, or Violet eyes and short ears and they’ll stand out a lot more. Sure, there’ll be some overlap. But it does not entirely rob them of their identity when they have a much wider berth of options unique to them.

And let it be said that I also agree that Void elves do need more Void-themed options as well. This goes both ways.

2 Likes

Despite this, they were Alliance units in both of the RTS games where they existed. They were even Alliance units in RoC when they technically weren’t part of the Alliance anymore.

Gilneas had an aloof attitude towards the Alliance as well but their experiences demonstrated that they needed it. A similar justification could have easily been used for the Blood Elves and would have flowed far more naturally than them joining the Horde (since one of the reasons that they were aloof towards the Alliance in the first place was because they thought the Alliance didn’t help them enough against the Horde in Quel’thalas, and also because the Alliance didn’t just straight up execute all the Orcs and be done with it.)

But Blizzard needed them to be Horde, because people wouldn’t play Horde otherwise, so here we are over a decade later reading Blood Elves posting on the forums bragging about how wise and subversive they are because they took the bait that Blizzard laid out for them and rolled Horde to play an Alliance race.

Not everyone has experienced as little fantasy as yourself to think that WoW is the first time the LotR formula wasn’t used. Sheesh.

1 Like

I really don’t want more belf features for my velf, I’m happy with just not being a grape because those skintones suck to try to transmog with. If they just added some more hair options I’d be set… “void” doesn’t have to be blue/purple, it can be black. Or hey, what about a normal hair color (like brown or black) with void streaks in it, kinda like Rogue from X-Men.

Basically, let the “void” be anywhere between dominating and an accent rather than just dominating. The normal skin tones bring it very close but just 2-3 more hair options would make it complete.

Also, the same patch should come with a Nightborne overhaul because seriously, they need it.

4 Likes

It actually doesn’t, we can literally just get more Void options, with Blood Elves getting more things that fit their main visual theme seeing as you effectively have two visual themes anyways.

3 Likes

Saying high elves should be a faction is like saying Prussia should be considered a country.

3 Likes

Mr Bonaparte how did you get your hands on a 21st century computing device

1 Like

do we need another one of these? Like really? None of the sides is right in this situation. Like at all.

2 Likes

Agreed, no elves should be playable for anyone.

1 Like

World of Dwarfcraft when

3 Likes

only if we delete dwarves first :upside_down_face:

Yeah!

Nope

1 Like