Void elves customization

It’s not like I haven’t tried playing Blood Elves before. Every time I do I hit a wall where I’m doing Horde stuff and thinking “I wish I was playing Alliance so I didn’t feel like I went to a Burger King in a wedding gown.”

3 Likes

So you’re just going to ignore that the Jewelry is AGGRESSIVELY Sin’dorei-themed, then? This conversation is a dead end.

I think current customization for other races and the fact that Void Elfs got almost nothing proves you wrong!

I love how the High Elf fans came out of the woodwork to flag you into hidden because they disagreed. :rofl:

7 Likes

I am strongly for Bat-like ears and long white hair, as well as hair styles that do not obscure the eye shadow that previously gave a frightening aesthetic.

But could honestly care less since I could alter texture colors on Blender.
I believe the Soulcalibur 6 customization is the most accurate depiction of this character.

The countless threads about customization seems quite futile; due to the development team never really pay attention to these forums. I think it honestly will be for the best.

1 Like

I would like to say that I was not part of that and I do not support it. Shame on everyone who flagged that, that is NOT how you conduct discourse.

1 Like

The fact that my post is neither the OP or even the first post nor does it go against COC and was on topic replying to the OP I definitely think that is just how they react to opposition points they dislike.

4 Likes

You keep mistaking WoW for Lotr.

WoW is not Lotr.

16 Likes

It has nothing to do with WoW being LotR and everything to do with my filthy, lying eyes looking at a thing and saying to my brain “wow that looks really weird, like those things don’t go together”

Case in point: I can play Void Elves and not get that same feeling of “wow that looks weird”

1 Like

Oh don’t even start, I haven’t seen even one blood elf player ask for horrible clunky jewelry. We asked for arcane tattoos and scarring, not THAT nonsense. I don’t use the jewelry on any of my toons because it’s utterly terrible–AND it’s not even available for men. It’s not a distinction at all and I’m tired of people shoving it in our face to ‘shut up and be happy with what you got’ because it’s utter trash.

The fact that blood elves now are reduced to “har har jewelry represents you now” is something I utterly abhor.

18 Likes

Now this is a thread I can support and enjoy.

3 Likes

:raised_hands:t5:

One of my main issues with it too.

11 Likes

That’s how social media has worked for the past decade. It’s flags and up/downvotes all the way down.

Again, that’s because you keep thinking about lotr as the one that essentially kickstarted everything and can’t see past that box.

WoW has been breaking off from those stereotypes for years. Which is why you have Orcs that are no longer mindless, trolls that are shamanistic, aliens with spaceships, and elves that don’t kiss up to humans.

10 Likes

You are making a whole lot of assumptions about my fantasy palette bucko

Not being able to deal with the generic Elves narrative of joining the Horde is not on Blizzard or the players who are invested in those Elves to now make it up to the people who refuse to accept that lore direction.

5 Likes

Here we go again with the word-twisting. The customisation options are incomplete across the board. Blood Elves are missing all of what you mentioned. Humans still have scars attached to a scant number of facial options. The list goes on. But to stand here and say that giving Void Elves a handful of natural hair styles / colours would rob the Blood Elves of their distinct visual identity is just flagrantly untrue.

4 Likes

Assumptions based on how you think “They work better on the Alliance”, considering that Alliance can’t get any more steretypical than it already is. Humans even have a joke related to lotr bucko.

3 Likes

And that’s why Blizzard removed downvoting from the forum entirely. This is actually the first time I’m seeing that you can still flag posts into oblivion, and that confuses the hell out of me.

1 Like

I can agree with the fact that customizations across the board are extremely lacking, and wish there was more hair style sharing across the board for all races. (I don’t see hair styles as distinct, like as I mentioned in another thread, I wish night elves/blood elves shared more, or maybe those on the same faction sharing). People just use the jewelry angle to tell blood elf players to shut up, which drives me nuts, and I don’t consider it to be a distinct factor to them at all. As for blood elves and void elves, I personally wish the styles were shared. Colors, I don’t have a strong view either way. Void elves I wish had more void options, though.

4 Likes

Courtesy of Lance

Courtesy of Somand and Izzabelle

To answer your point of “oh its ridiculous to think BEs are effected” they very much are, visual distinction is lost and that is an argument that holds merit whether you like it or not, Blizzard themselves kept the hair options as a distinction.

16 Likes