Void elves can look like blood elves but not vise versa

High Elves are a core Horde race, the full visual theme and lore are with the Horde, Horde players and BE players are entitled to a race on their faction just as much as Alliance has their own distinctive races that are uniquely theirs that they take precedence for, Horde humans aren’t a thing and Alliance players should have their faction exclusive uniqueness as well its a faction based game.

We already have what you’re desperately trying to reach for the very reason you’re saying “you aren’t entitled to this anymore than we are”, the factions, the game, the devs all beg to differ, and you know it as much as I do because here we are I’m playing what you want on you’re side because it is a core Horde race and you want a Horde visual theme on the Alliance.

6 Likes

Blood elves lessened the Alliance’s dominance…

It wasn’t until MoP that a faction imbalance started to favor the Horde.

That was due to racials being overtuned.

5 Likes

Blizzard seems to disagree consider we did get the void elves and we kept getting high elf lore firmly on the Alliance side. Ultimately, giving us the void elves meant the Horde got something new. In this case, I would say Vulpera.

This debate has been raging forever. The high elves were always Alliance first. Blizzard decided to try and shake it up in TFT but considering the blood elves ultimately joined the Horde(and faction it had less of a reason to like!) the Horde ultimately just got the race due to meta issues. This battle will likely keep raging on between the two playerbase and considering I really doubt Horde players would leave if a full blown high elf race was added, I think Blizzard might change their mind…again.

If you told me years ago we would get the void elves, I wouldn’t believe you and yet here we are. Blizzard has given in to players demand for years now and who knows, they might just think having high elves just added might be better than the status quo. Time will tell. And considering I have lived though WoW adding thing people said would never happen(demon hunters, wow tokens, cross realm content, scaled dungeons etc) I think I you shouldn’t be too sure of the future. Only thing certain is change afterall.

My point exactly. Now that the balance has shifted, giving both sides their own version of the elves.

2 Likes

Left at the end of WC2 and have been Horde longer at this point, I can tell that bothers you :hugs:

Because a HE fan who cites WC2 ownership over a race that the story progressed from having Alliance chooses to ignore the story is no ones problem but your own.

The story makes sense and that seems to bother you enough to completely ignore it and telling yourself it was “meta” issues may help you sleep better and that’s fine but with other people, on forums etc what we tell ourselves to sleep better can’t be passed as fact simply because we wish it to be so.

5 Likes

The elves didn’t do anything. They’re not the cause or the solution.

Otherwise it would have fixed itself long ago…

Its a lie that blood elves caused the shift in players choosing to go Horde over the Alliance.

5 Likes

Attacking is a perplexing word to begin with.

And as I have written before, I do not tend to act upon insults, baits, provocations and so on. If there is something interesting to quote, then I’ll do it.

No.

Yes. I do distance myself emotionally from the conversation because everyone has a valuable opinion below the witty surface for their reasoning.

Do you see how Ariel was asking for proof for a claim you made?

But you now claim

What about what Izzabelle asked earlier in the convo which could be applicable to something you yourself echoed previously

Now we find out upon further speaking with you when someone asked outright if you’ve even tried looking for proof for your claims that not only are you making claims with no proof, but you yourself haven’t even bothered to look into your own claims you’re going around making?

2 Likes

You ignored my post entirely.

1 Like

Not all of them and I can tell that bothers you that now we have a sizeable number of them back :upside_down_face:

And you ignore the story that those that still call themselves high elves to this day are mostly still Alliance and now the devs. Have pseudo given them back clearly bothers you. Heck, in the grand scheme of things the two living Windrunners are generally more famous/active that even Lothermar.

3 Likes

Where are they? We have statements that let us all know just how rare Alliance HEs are and that seems to bother you if you have to resort to ignoring that.

The playable core race takes precedence over non playable NPCs standing in Stormwind.

Have they? Tell me can you achieve the look I have on my rogue on a VE? Or can you not because you have Void Elves and when you choose a VE on the Alliance you take on that races visual themes and new lore ventures into the Void.

3 Likes

And yet they still manage to field armies whenever the need arises.

Well now void elves are playable and I suspect their lore will keep tying with the high elves.

3 Likes

Alright if you say so, by all means please enlighten us on the major role they played in the fourth war, when arguably the need would have been if Anduin was shown in cinematic needing to send non soldiers into combat.

“their lore will keep tying with HEs” you mean HEs are returning to Quelthalas, and or a few joining the ranks of VEs sure but you’re tying into VEs make no mistake VEs aren’t tying into HEs.

1 Like

It’s a strawman argument to try to justify what they want and rather than just accepting a lot of people don’t want to play Alliance because there’s no end game there, even casually it’s bad and I say that as someone that just leveled another character to 60 on Alliance and that has been doing stuff like random battlegrounds and random epic battlegrounds on that side. It’s just terrible you get like 1 win every 10 games or more. :slightly_frowning_face: :slightly_frowning_face: :slightly_frowning_face:

1 Like

Here is my void elf. Aside from my blue hair color(which I am certain blood elves currently have) you cant tell the difference. Heck having blue eyes means he looks more like a regular high elf then you.

Heck, a shadow priest blood elf have a 24/7 glow that makes them look even less like a normal blood elf then this dude.

4 Likes

If you can’t tell the difference as is and the hair remains contentious among people who value visual distinction and you yourself admit visual distinction has to a degree been lost in your favor as you have demonstrated, then you don’t need the hair colors because its not your visual theme to be non void :hugs:

Don’t forget you can choose the bald option too, I hope that helps you

1 Like

Lets see we have high elves shielding our airship in Stromgarde. Our portal master was a high elf oh and look here, https://wowpedia.fandom.com/wiki/Frostfencer_Seraphi Blizzard even sneaked in a high elf for the Island expeditions.

Or they will realize they will need their own capital and make their own new one. As it is as long as Vereesa and Alleria are around, we pretty much two of the most preeminent high elven characters around.

Or I have demotrated your vaunted distinction truly has no value and using that as a justification was tossed out long ago when pandarens were added with no distinction between the factions and I suspect Blizzard might someday do the same with void/high elves.

Or you know, we spent years having horrible races that sckwed the numbers to the Horde side and void elves, while not being the end all solution can help. Especially considering they do generally pretty good racials.

Regardless my main point was blood elves were a solution to a problem that no longer exist and making their model exclusively Horde has lost alot of its value for Blizzard.

4 Likes

If it had no value you wouldn’t be here begging for the BE visual theme that you don’t have for a reason.

A neutral race working as intended doesn’t equate turning a core Horde race into a free for all to be able to poach because you dislike the race is Horde.

You suspect Blizzard is going to defeat the purpose of their own AR? Even after not giving you hair options when they could have, and we know they talked over the decision because they said as much and yet you still have no natural hair to show for it because visual distinction does matter. But by all means go on “suspecting” that, just like you go about feeling entitled to HEs that officially left the Alliance after WC2 and have been Horde longer at this point as a core Horde theme and race, if it helps you sleep better by all means but make no mistake it doesn’t change a single thing regarding the importance of visual distinction mattering and wishful thinking that helps us get by doesn’t get to be reported as facts just because you wish it so.

2 Likes

How is it going to help when Alliance has nothing to offer even casually, why would anyone that wants to progress at any range whether casually, in between or hardcore move to Alliance from Horde when as I said in my previous post they can’t even win basic random battlegrounds on a decent ratio and that’s even if Void Elves were a 100% carbon copy of Blood Elves with 100% customizations the same.

1 Like

It doesnt have the value you seem to think. It has value for customization and maybe rp purposes. But in terms of “visual distinction” it has none.

And yet we are here and the said race has been half poach. I say Blizzard finishes the job and you get a new/have gotten a new race to compensate.

They have said they might add more in the future. So this is not some closed book and the more people clamour for the more likely it will happen. As I mentioned before, I have played long enough to know that idea that some people absolutely hate(legacy servers/tokens to name a few) can and do get overturned by Blizzard.

I have played long enough to know your supposed Horde advantage is not as big as you claimabout 40-60 to 50-50 between the Horde. Hell, Isle of Conquest and Alterac is all but a guaranteed win for Alliance. Heck, if Blizzard every truly wanted to balance the faction they would retune the racials and voila, an OP racial for an expansion or so and people would switch. Not the best solution(hence why I think they want to do something else) but the idea that the Horde will remain forever dominant is silly especially when all it takes is an imbalanced racial to change all of it. Hell, maybe remove racials altogether and see who gravitates to the “pretty” races more.

3 Likes

This is wrong, way wrong, lately Alliance lose AV a lot because they skip first two towers, don’t recap or try to recap anything and will sit on noob hill outside boss while Horde side caps all four of ours.

As for Isle this is wrong as well, Alliance tries hangar lately and usually loses due to not defending against glaives, if they go mid and glaives they don’t defend glaives either way you lose usually and as someone that has played a lot of games on my new 60 I can happily link you my statistics if you want just for proof of how much we don’t win.

Finally Alliance has better racials currently than Horde there’s still no appeal and in the case of so called pretty races Alliance has Humans, Draenei and Void Elves with almost the exact looks of Blood Elves without hairstyles and hair colors so I fail to still see how you figure this would or will make any difference when no one wants to play that side unless they actually want to play it.

2 Likes