Void elves can look like blood elves but not vise versa

1 Like

And yet what youā€™re saying doesnā€™t hold true because Blizzards stance has always been about visual distinction and faction lines and the uniqueness of the races on each faction.

Well you donā€™t get a say directly as none of us do but Iā€™m glad that you recognize you have been appeased and I hope Blizzard sees the opposition to continuing to allow VEs to look like the HEs theyā€™ll never be.

They said that in reference to the new customization on both sides.

That doesnā€™t mean youā€™ll get more HE options. Blood Elves are High Elves lore wise and aesthetically, we have no second visual theme all options until we get a second visual theme line up with our main visual theme so any new options would qualify as HE options they add, you donā€™t need to be included in that what so ever.

They can give BEs WC2 era Farstrider tattoos, arguably that is a HE addition for the playable HE race, and they can give VEs more void options. See how they donā€™t go back on their word, you just werenā€™t included in the equation? Because new options for you would be for your main visual theme?

1 Like

They had said that but then they backtracked and said no new customizations for any races even the ones that actually still need it like Nightborne, Lightforged Draenei, Highmountain Tauren, Dark Iron Dwarves, etc. so I wonā€™t ever get where anyone figures they will get anything for anyone at all. Maybe they should give another statement and say that they arenā€™t giving anyone anything any further unless itā€™s like 10-12 years down the line like this last time.

2 Likes

I mean yeah their side uses that quote and it one depends on expecting blizzard to keep to their word when theyā€™ve already backtracked on more in SL. And two it depends on the expectation that more HE options includes them, when that has never been the case save for one time in favor of RP tools where they didnā€™t get the hair options they themselves admit they desperately want.

The biggest mistake would be thinking Blizzard is going to defeat the purpose of their own AR, and thinking they have a seat at the table when it comes to more HE options. It would be like thinking BEs have a seat at the table when they introduce Void options, itā€™s just not our space to exist in thatā€™s the Alliances unique theme.

1 Like

I wonā€™t ever get that either because itā€™s no new character customizations for any races.

Plus Iā€™m still at the point where I look at it and I think Blizzard had more than one chance to give Void Elves normal hair and normal hair colors but they chose not to and I canā€™t help but thinking there is a reason especially when they gave them the so called normal skintones for RPing reasons and still no normal hair colors or styles.

1 Like

And we know they said when these options came up they discussed it at length.

Almost like they left some visual distinction in place intentionally I agree.

1 Like

And how many times did they say no to things like Tokens/legacy services? No to them usually just mean, we might think about it in the future.

I literally just got into a middle of an AV game and won. Milage on victories vary. Seems more like US Alliance might suck. Oceanic seems pretty decent.

Better racials, but clearly not ā€œworld first definingā€. If say the old EMFH was ever added I would suspect a sudden change in the pvp landscape.

Yes, they have said no customization for SL, but you do realize WoW looks it will last for at least a few more expansion. Again, I have outlasted naysayers who were against things like legacy servers. I might just out last people who keep saying Blizzard will never add something they have slight walked back on with the void elves.

2 Likes

I assume itā€™s incentive to play one race over the other vs personal preferences like if you want to be blonde, brown or red head vs having the burgundy, purple or blue.

They actually didnā€™t give a duration of when new customizations will come like I said it could end up being in 10 years from now like when they updated Worgen and Goblin models then followed with new customizations, you and others assume they are just going to jump back into that boat when they literally just abandoned it.

2 Likes

Also very bold of them to assume HE options for VEs but here we are.

Luckily I doubt Blizzard will disregard actual VE fans and BE fans who donā€™t want more of visuals poached in favor of this side thatā€™s already been so appeased.

So this idea in their heads that they have built up is entirely on them, but I would say they should take some happiness in what they have and to quit looking to continue to encroach on BE visuals.

1 Like

Yes we donā€™t know when they will do it(although technically they just said not in SL). But I am hopefully to think after SL, when they will need new hooks(and visual additions are generally a cost effective way to do that). I also suspect depending on how soon Covid end it could change production schedules.

2 Likes

We are 100% on the same page here.

Thatā€™s good on your part, Iā€™m more I would rather them not do anything more at all if itā€™s going to take away time from content that actually matters given how blah this xpac is and has been and if that means races I actually care about getting customizations donā€™t get anything Iā€™ll accept it because Iā€™m an adult and I can accept not always getting my way.

1 Like

:roll_eyes: Mentioning youā€™re an adult makes you seem less mature. As far as I am concerned, I say we tell Blizzard want in the game and let the chip falls where they will. Maybe they will do it, maybe they wont, who knows but at least we might actually end up persuading them.

2 Likes

Does it because last time I checked Iā€™m not the one on forum after forum and thread after thread saying I deserve this or that, I demand this or that, etc. I just go with the flow because I donā€™t really care and I accept what I get or what I donā€™t. Perhaps you should reassess or your maturity level.

2 Likes

Youā€™re just the one on the forum arguing endless about a subject that ultimately even if it was implemented would have little effect on you. So, please peddle your passive-aggressive attempt at superiority somewhere else.

Edit: I see your still typing. Hit a nerve?

2 Likes

Show me where in the last like week or so where Iā€™ve argued about anything of that sort being implemented at all or even shown I care, Iā€™ve agreed with others when they say or post something but I myself havenā€™t went out of my way to say anything for or against it because as I already said in a few posts tonight I donā€™t see any race getting anything new anytime soon including Void Elves.

1 Like

The fact you keep posting shows you do care. And liking post that is against the idea show you do not want this to happen.

Some of your post have outright denigrated people for wanting something in game. You literally tout yourself as somehow superiority/attempt at thinking you are ā€œmatureā€ while people who disagree with you are somehow being childish. So, no I am not buying what you are selling.

And I doubt anyone here believes Blizzard will do anything at least this expansion. But every expansion is different and for all we know Blizzard might just rethink the whole thing and just give the high elves and be done with it all.

2 Likes

The fact I have friends and support the uniqueness of Blood Elves and Void Elves being their own things is why I post, you might want to learn the difference.

Okay so now Iā€™m childish because I accept what I get rather than demanding that I somehow deserve something? Okay this conversation is clearly over because my maturity level vs yours is polar opposite so carry on with others but not with me Iā€™m not going to waste my time.

2 Likes

Iā€™m going to bed but Iā€™ll check back in this thread and the others later when I wake back up and like you and others posts, try not to have too much fun without me. :yum: :yum: :yum:

1 Like

Every this false equivalence comes up, I got to call it out. Just because Pandaren were designed neutral from the get go doesnā€™t entitle Alliance to anything and everything Blood elves have to essentially make them neutral.

Not only does it homogenize a core horde race even more, it also takes a key feature of Pandaren that makes them unique to the other races.

4 Likes

The sad thing is the closer blood elves have come to high elves, at the behest of belf player base, the less they fit in with the horde. They actually had a place when they were presented as unrepentant fel addicts. Now their entire uniqueness is down to haircuts.

2 Likes