Void elves can look like blood elves but not vise versa

The reason I don’t see san’layn options going to undead is because traditionally the undead we play as are former humans. It’d also be the first time, that I can think of off the top of my head, a customization option would totally alter the skeleton/model of the player model.

Just makes more sense to give it to blood elves, expanding their blood theme, in addition to giving more options to expand their fel, arcane, and light stuff too.

To me that is more than enough to compromise giving void elves the rest of the normal options they should have, minus the eyes and maybe golden jewelry color.

1 Like

Imgur

i’m having fun coming up with concepts that work perfectly fine in the lore
gonna go have fun now and spread the love

ps; san’layn aren’t horde

You’re more than happy to rp as an alliance san’layn. Some certainly could have sided with the alliance for one reason or another. However, most (although most also died during it) were assisting the horde during BFA

4 Likes

Blood elves can look like half elves thanks to the new short ears style. They can also have hair that’s not trash. They’re the winners here.

Sorry I mean San’layn would be a separate AR recruited effectively by the Forsaken.

More a, “seeking to prove themselves useful” type deal much like their attempt in bfa.

Not as a customization option for Forsaken.

Theres contention on that and even Dark Ranger options among the communities involved.

It’s not an easy thing to figure out.

I think the San’layn are different enough to warrant an AR.

Not everyone does though.

And for you that may be enough.

Many though don’t want the copy/paste full stop.

I can understand their hesitancy.

Lol they ain’t Alliance either.

2 Likes

They ain’t Horde so ya’ll can’t say they can’t be Alliance.

Hypocrites.

no, they cannot

Kill that model with fire.

8 Likes

:joy:

this is the half elf model in game tho

2 Likes

Yes, that’s true. All three groups are High Elves while two of them got renamed.

This has been discussed to death already but the Blood Elves were needed to bring in more players to the Horde-side and were widely requested by either China or Korea during the time. There is no need to bring the Blood Elf-origin story up every time, the Horde got them and you have to deal with this.

However, it’s true that they [the developers] lack the dignity and intelligence to put Void Elves into the Alliance given the decade-long request to make the Silver Covenant elves available on their side.

The LFD were a mistake but they needed a new race which had something in common with the Xe’ra theme they pushed in the Legion audio dramas. I can see why they did this but it should have been the Broken, another actual requested Draenei-subrace with a long history and ties to the Burning Crusade.

I agree with this. The on-going themes and fantasies should be pushed further. And when we’re at it, let’s release also the missing heritage weapons available for the Blood Elves and other races.

I’m a hypocrite because the San’layn would go Horde and you don’t like it?

Arator.

He’s also a half elf.

Then there is Alodi. (ghost only)

Blizzard uses a human model for two half elves and a blood elf model for a third.

5 Likes

Some half elves are more elf than human. They have short-normal elf ears. Some others just have human ears and are more human than elf.

Kalec is just the human sided half elf in his humanoid form.

1 Like

Void Elves have virtually the same musculature as Blood Elves do. It was only briefly before they went live that their skin texture was significantly more muscular. In fact, their pre-release musculature was akin to that of Blood Elf Demon Hunters. Blizzard changed that prior to release however. If there’s any sense of Void Elf males being more muscular when using the original skin tones, it’s likely due to the highlighting from the undertone color those skins have. Here’s a comparison:

2 Likes

Why not? There’s nothing wrong with wanting void tentacles. :man_shrugging:

That’s terrible, like ugh, I’ve seen him in game for quests and in raids at times but ugh. Haha. :joy: :joy: :joy:

1 Like

Depending on how many San’layn were left. They were already risen from a group of Blood Elves that were already very few in number. Provided Kael’thas had atleast 2000 Blood Elves with him in Outland, the amount of San’layn would be drastically lower following Wrath of the Lich King, when most of the princes were killed, many San’layn were killed throughout Northrend, the Blood-queen was killed and the Blood-princess was killed.

The Darkfallen were a San’layn group recruited by Sylvanas in Battle for Azeroth, they were all killed by the Alliance.

The biggest question is if there are even any San’layn left at this point.

But sure make TOTES sense in the Alliance, especially after using the gnomes as basketballs in the middle of the final match, amrite?

Also Mr. “open mind”, stop reducing the Sunwell to a “Holy Fount” cause guess what? It isn´t, ergo you are wrong in your lore by a massive factor.

Guess which faction LACKS any semblance of undead elves.

Meanwhile Koltira, Velonara and the rest of them will play the smallest violin of the world for you dude… cause they exist on the Horde… ergo Horde HAS undead thalassian speaking elves, loool. Who can rejoin the faction if they feel like it.

Your whole premise is basically “muh aesthetics”… sorry to burst your bubble, but a race is waaay more than the models they have. Or at least I see them as such (the perks of being a lore freak I suppose).

Sadly for you people, the themes surrounding the Belves go waay further than “Fel” and “Light” (as a matter of fact, as per canon lore there is NOT a “Light” theme, the Sunwell is NOT Lightforging the Belves / Helves and the golden eyes are mewrely manifestations of individual devotion, period); Belves according to canon lore have the Blood Magic stuff and the regular Arcane Stuff, The Fel stuff stopped being a thing circa Sunwell Plateau raid when Kael and his loyal Felblood elves got nuked out of existence.

Lol, lovely how you cite precisely the TWO magical schools that are NOT prevalent in the Belf society as per current canon lore. How about you leave the actual suggestions to the people that DO know what they are talking about and that see the race further than their Barbie appearance, hmm?

3 Likes

While I think being terminally fancy is part of the blood elf aesthetic-- these are people who, after their devastating zombie plague, still strew silk throw pillows everywhere-- I dislike reducing them to that aspect alone. The blood elves are survivors, willing to make hard choices and compromises for their people. And really lean into the magical aspects as well.

…also, while I would have sacrificed a small goat to hear the night elf death knight perspective on the entirety of BFA (and demon hunter for that matter), I agree that vampire elves go horde.

…now if we use the human ones, I’m going to first complain about vampire overload, but… eh, actually I’d sooner see them Horde too.

2 Likes

I’m sad I can’t find the one where it plays music from Space Jam :frowning_face:

Also, he himself mentioned the quests in Vol’dun, so he does know they don’t fit the Alliance, he’s doing this only for being contrarian.

4 Likes

Void elves just exist in general so any complaints about population don’t matter. Any remaining stragglers would get more pity and assitance from actual exiles than light worshipping elves, especially if word somehow ever got out the prince turned on the Forsaken.

Also, rofl @ the usual rabble having a meltdown.
We used to kill worgen and worgen used to kill us. Feral worgen exist. Go gatekeep something you actually have for once like black hair. We can post literally anything and you’ll dig to find a reason to reee and decline it.

Experiment worked.
I’m doing this to prove that you’re not gate keeping Blood Elf aesthetics, but literally anything from void elves - including ones that make more sense than high elves to keep aesthetics on par between the factions. Goth edgy elf = alliance. You guys don’t get to have 4-5 aesthetics with multiple sub races while void elves get one and a half.

San’layn for the Alliance still btw.