Void elves can look like blood elves but not vise versa

Although, you have to admit: There is not a single chance where Alliance-players will get access to Silvermoon City. It’s just a very outlandish request and would require more work than the usual coder would put in.

Yeah, this is true. Haven’t seen such an incompetent developer team in a long time. It wouldn’t surprise me if the current FF14-discussions may have a negative impact on the game after all.

Just folk coming in and constantly claiming we were all just alts of one person, posting on multiple alts to make it seem like more people were against mechagnomes than actually were, that sort of thing.

Also a fair bit of mass reporting and liking their own posts on alts.

It’s calm there generally now… But I made it a habit to check both our numbers and the “oppositions”.

This will do nothing.

San’layn should be Horde.

They make no sense in any existence to be Alliance.

It just feels so out of place.

That said I get the individual here and there that might… But not enough to make whole factions…

Ah, I gotcha.

Then I think we agree.

A very good way to look at it.

Never say never dude… especially when the notion that only massive forum QQ gets stuff implemented in this game. Coupled with the b0ner devs have about screwing up the horde characters / races in their “lore plots” as far as villain batting is concerned.

The less Helves / Velves have to do with Belves, the better. Cause I don´t trust AT ALL the current lore dev team with a narrative involving these races, it´s almost a guarantee the Belves would be the ones to pay the price if we look at the story from Cata onwards.

4 Likes

OMFG, rlly? Is people asking for San´layn on the Alliance after the scenario in BfA that depicted the San´layn as enemies to be killed by the Ally PC? W T F.

I mean, i´m NOT happy over San´layn customizations being sold as such for Belves but merely because it makes them SO limited (only for undead… ergo I wouldn´t be able to use the red eyes unless I want to pretend my toon is dead circa WC3:TFT, and that sucks).

@Blastkrizzle: do you UNDERSTAND now what I mean? People have this weird obssesion with poaching anything and everything Belf for the Velves… it has to stop at some point.

1 Like

As far as I can judge it everything relevant is either an emergency update to keep the players enrolled (cue to the last transmog update) or they simply don’t have the time to fix everything (Nightborne, people forget that they did update the heritage armor at least two times in the past years).

BellularGaming has once talked about the significance of the plot and where the Horde lies there. The Alliance are the focus point when it comes to the big narrative due their links to the old games. The Horde lost their old ways though and is just a partner in crime for the Alliance which makes in the current story sense but in the long run this stupid war should have been ended with Legion. The BfA storyline felt unnecessary and not impactful. Nothing truly followed up the so called “break the cycle” dialogue from Saurfang, it was just all baloney.

Bellular also is a well known Alliance biased player… but his point is true: the Horde is basically the convenient plot device anytime the devs need to deal with the “faction war” can of worms.

As a Horde player AND a Horde fan I find this notion supremely insulting; cause as far as I remember my dollars aren´t “less valuable” than the dollars of the Alliance players. Ergo, I deserve the same quality and respect they get.

Which brings us back to the same point: the less interaction between Belves and Alliance affiliated thalassian elves, the better for me. Cause the last thing I want is to see my fav race villain batted to catter to MHP posters and Belf haters, tyvm.

5 Likes

i imagine if yvera or elsharin wished to move back to quel’thalas they would find it easily to do so. i imagine they would be met with a cold reception. similar to their canon encyclopedia entry where the few ‘high elf’ individuals that arrived in modern times in alliance territory were met with a cold reception and mistrust by the alliance population and assumed to be a blood elf because of their extreme rarity. thats about it

i also cant even think of a situation where your example of ‘dont call me a blood elf would arise’

there are no other races there and they have a name and can even be identified by gender. it would be like calling out to someone in public by saying “you there! human!” or “you there, (political party) can you help with this”

1 Like

“Hey you, Blood elf mage!! said the Goblin/Orc in the middle of Orgrimmar”.

There gal, you got your scenario (I mean, take in mind that if your toons “go back” to Quel´thalas, they will join the Horde too… and will probably start to work with the other Horde races IN the Horde capitol. also, as per current canon lore, the Blood elves aren´t anymore the ONLY elf race to join the Horde).

I mean remember that interaction between Lorash and Chikkers in “A Good War”? (one of the most hilarious parts, I laughed like a hyena when I read it the first time).

Or imagine an newbie Orc who needs some directions in Silvermoon (visiting or maybe helping; remember as per canon lore established in Garrosh´s leader short story Orcs traveled to help the Belves in Quel´thalas too), who calls that “reintegrated” High Elf by the “Blood Elf” motto in the middle of the Bazar cause for them all elves look the same (pale, pink and long eared) and as far as they know the ones that live in Quel´thalas call themselves “Blood Elf”… what do you think the other Blood elves are gonna say if he/she remarks “don´t call me Blood elf, I´m a High elf!!”?

And I´m still waiting for the coherent explanation that would justify those “caring” Helves REFUSING to honor the death of 90% of their race btw. Cause in the current lore they “refuse” the name under the basis they despised the association with the Belves (ergo, implying they despised the Belves).

Indeed it shouldn´t happen

2 Likes

why cant they just live a plain old life as a normal citizen?

i imagine that elf would just brush it off and give the simple direction and be done with them. as explaining political beliefs would just earn them an eye roll from that orc and waste more of each others time

they might call that elf a weirdo and go back to their business

1 Like

Yeah…

I think honestly some folk are just being salty and coming up with that take as a “see how you like it” thing.

It makes no sense…

Honestly I think San’layn should be their own AR.

Not even the Forsaken racials really fit them.

2 Likes

I wonder if there’s more high elves or void elves in Stormwind.

the most active thalassians in the alliance now are void transformed crazies

2 Likes

I was just wondering about numbers of NPCs thanks to the topic. Don’t have access to the game atm.

1 Like

Lore-wise there are more High elves on the Alliance-side. The Void Elves are just a few (“crack squad”) from a small building in the Ghostlands if I remember correctly.

There are may be more by now according the alluding High Elves joining them in the starter zone but nothing has been confirmed by now.

4 Likes

And you know where there are even more High Elves?

In the Horde.

2 Likes

San’layn make no sense on the Horde.
Please do BFA quests on Alliance.

Think outside the box and use some creativity, something required for world building, and realize that the void elves would be able to do more for them than the actual blood elves - who are attuned to the sunwell, a font of holy light.

Or are we just gate keeping for the sake of it still?

1 Like

If doing quests on one side would work to discourage people when it comes to asking for races…

Then we wouldn’t have the same handful of people pestering this place about High Elves.

3 Likes

Silver Covenant exists.
Do quests please.

1 Like

Entirety of Eversong.

Ghostlands.

Also, the Void Elf intro scenario it’s something else people should pay attention to before asking for them to be bleached.

3 Likes

If Blizzard wanted to do something different, they could easily just put San’layn on the Alliance because they feel like it. Just like how they made up void elves on the spot, pulled Lightforged Dranei out of thin air, made the Blood Elves go Horde in the first place, and oops, Nightborne - Night Elves - are Horde too.

GD posters that do nothing but tell people who want a playable subrace wrong all day don’t get to decide what is and isn’t. Blizzard has already decided the San’layn are not going Horde. If you’re too lazy to do that quest, you 100% do not get to say anything about the lore on that. If it’s gatekeeping over aesthetics, oops, Forsaken exist on the Horde. Do we really need double of the same “undead” concept on one faction, when the Horde already got two magic elf races with similar aesthetics?

Worgen also caused people to whine because “it doesn’t suit the Alliance”, but they’re Alliance, and it works. Vampires (even as a subrace) and Werewolves being on the same faction would actually be that “same but different” that Blizzard tends to do with their world-building as well. Alliance has a heavy “old school fantasy” vibe to it that suits vampires.

The san’layn aesthetic kit would do more to expand void elves into actual monsterous elves - mutated elves, the thing a ton of posters who derail these topics all day throw temper-tantrums about, than it would to expand blood elves into anything related to their actual story with the sunwell.

With Void Elves and Dark Irons on the Alliance, it’s anything goes, and it’s going more towards them not being in the Horde because oops, they died trying to join, and the few that were about to make it turned on the Forsaken.
I’m not even going to bother going on about the lore behind how void and undeath counter each other, so they could actually aid each other in finding some purpose in their existence. The Void Elves could aid straggling San’layn - another race with a low population - more than Quel’thalas ever could, or would want to.

If Blood elves want additional customization, they can have the ones their race is already themed to have and has in the lore; fel and light. Fel and Sunwell aesthetics.
You can’t gate keep something that you don’t actually have in the lore, unlike high elves, which the Alliance does canonically have.

2 Likes