Void elves can look like blood elves but not vise versa

thats possible. doesnt mean she never helped at some point. she still considers it her home as any high elf. the quel’lithien lodge elves called themselves ‘high elves’ too, but we know they were helping out. seems weird to reject the renaming at this point

we know at some point she left quel’thalas and went to dalaran and that she has a lot of contempt for the leaders of her people for allying with the horde. it even carried over into the newly rebuilt dalaran where she creates the SC as a reactionary measure to the sunreavers who already had a lot of political pull in the city

this is still 1 elf

her lore is a dungeon boss entry. she was assumed to be a ‘high elf’ because she had blue eyes. but blue eyed blood elves have always been a thing. all we know is she took what happened to kael to heart(former student) and never forgave what transpired which would set him on his path to corruption

to say neither ever returned at some point is a stretch

2 Likes

Man, the sadness one gets watching back what the devs did to Kael´thas in TBC after reading his dialogue in “Blood of the Highborne”. It was nothing less but purely disgusting.

The Alliance High elves picked their poison since the end of the Second War, their future lies with their Human overlords. Just like they wanted I guess… but then again, they didn´t get to live the horrors that Arthas put the other elver through (that was one good wake-up call in restrospective… harsh as hell, but VERY effective).

As a matter of fact we know she never helped… the books related to her very creation show it so (from Day of the Dragon to the War of the Ancients trilogy to Night of the Dragon. This last one if the biggest offender when we consider that in that book she experienced a remarkably strong addiction effects and in consequence, apparent “empathy” in regards to the Blood elves living on Quel´thalas. But then dear crazy cousin Zendarin appears and apparently HIS crimes were the fault of the Blood elves, casue god forbids dearest cousin gets the actual blame for his own actions).

There´s NO coherent explanation to justify those “nation loving” High Elves refusing to take the Blood elf name (no seriously, they renamed themselves “Blood elves” as a memento for the people that died in the Third War -and omg, 9 out of 10 died, so it IS a VERY important memento-… in which universe a “nice, caring” person REFUSES to make the memento while they continue to swear they “totes love the nation and the people living in the nation!!”.

Incoherent, argument IS incoherent. Any genuinely caring High Elf that went back to Quel´thalas most surely took into the Blood Elf naming -considering how important it is-. Any that insists in going back to call him/herself a “High Elf” cares for Quel´thalas as much as I care for Stormwind a.k.a. nothing at all. Or maybe only for purely superficial and financial reasons, but certainly NOT for the people.

Careful, we never said no High elves ever went back to Quel´thalas… we just say the ones that did most surely call themselves “Blood elf” nowadays (anyone trying to still get himself called “High Elf” nowadays in Silvermoon will probably get linched for acting like an insensitive scumbag).

2 Likes

rip all 6 elves who stayed and later died in theramore. fun fact you can go visit them in culling of stratholme

theres still gaps. i think only night of the dragon is post WoW launch, but anyway lorthemar and vereesa despise each other. theres a story there not covered. we know lorthemar would never go to dalaran so how else could this beef have started if she never ever went back? and why would any ex farstrider side with her if she never lifted a finger or paid her respect to all her fellow farstriders that died defending quel’thalas. NEVER helped? she came running to halduron when he asked for help. you think nothing like this could have happened in the space between novels?

thats largely a helfer invention. perfect example of gaslighting. if you think theres some epic divide between ‘high elves’ and blood elves then they got you good. we know ‘high elves’ return to quel’thalas and live there. auric is there after all. alleria had no trouble either. we hate you so much youre free to return(lol). now those 2 for sure NEVER returned or were around for the renaming :100:.

lorthemar himself tried to reach out to quel’lithien who again, call themselves ‘high elves.’ now why the hell would he do that if this was true

1 Like

Asking for exclusive Blood Elves options would be an unreasonable request. But this not accounted for hair styles and colors, especially if the species shares the same heritage.

1 Like

So… you’re basically completely ignoring the lore of the game in your post here.

The lore for the Void Elves is that they were quite literally exiled from the Horde for dabbling in the void. Well, more specifically the Blood Elves exiled them, but the end result is the same. The Void Elves are not welcome within the ranks of the Horde.

So that’s why Blood Elf players can’t access the Void Elf customization options.

As for why the Void Elves can access Blood Elf customizations. Well that’s because there are a number of High Elves within the Alliance. Those options are meant to represent them. It’s not perfect, Void Elf players don’t have any of the hairstyles that the Blood Elves have access to, which means that, with few exceptions, we have to deal with void tentacles in our character’s hair. We also lack the hair colours available to the Blood Elves. We’re stuck with the Void Elf colours.

But one thing we don’t, and won’t, get access to is the green eyes option that Blood Elves have. Why? Because the Blood Elves are not welcome among the Alliance, and the surviving High Elves rejected the idea of feeding on fel energy, which is what gave them green eyes in the first place.

2 Likes

Myself included. Elves getting a second exclusive hero class would be ridiculous.

6 Likes

When I first made an alliance character I accidentally landed in a Forsaken town. I remember thinking I’d be safe there, I must have accidentally turned off my nameplates. Point is, we use these visual queues as part of the game so if you have an indistinguishable race it sort of prompts the other race to change in order to maintain that distinction. Personally, I don’t mind it if we have some cool things to change to (I always felt BElfs were a bit too pretty for the horde) but I absolutely understand why many others are against the making VElves indistinguishable from the BElf model.

1 Like

this also applies to the lore atrocity/request that velves should be able to be paladins because they can be priests. paladins are infused with the light while priests just use light magic.

Void Elves will obviously never get access to Paladin unless a Void class skin was introduced, which is unlikely anytime soon. They are infused with the Void, and Light + Void mixing produces catastrophic outcomes that would not be survivable.

The paladin/priest argument you bring up isn’t really based on much. For starters, the argument itself has little support, given that the few mentions of the infusion vs channeling stuff is all based in several year old lore that hasn’t been brought up in a long long time. It originated from a Human paladin ceremony, and as far as we know no other race (including present Human paladins) go through it.

It’s widely accepted that the only reason Void Elves can be priests is due to it being a no brainer that players should have access to a Shadow Priest Void Elf. It’d be silly to disable an entire class just because the other specs don’t comply with the lore of the race. The Shadow spec (and Shadow side of Disc.) is the canon spec for Void Elves. The same applies for Lightforged Draenei but for the Holy/Light side of Disc. As for why they can play as the other specs, that’s purely down to gameplay>lore, and it’d be odd to lock off specs thus limiting the player.

1 Like

paladins have no shadow or void based spec all. no 50/50 of both types of magic.

you said ‘‘Void Elves will obviously never get access to Paladin unless a Void class skin was introduced, which is unlikely anytime soon. They are infused with the Void, and Light + Void mixing produces catastrophic outcomes that would not be survivable.’’

which means you know what i said was true but then went on a pedantic rant about lore that is established that you feel is too old to be taken seriously, despite it never being disputed.

Easy, as Day of the Dragon depicts, she was a simp for her sister Sylvie. And guess who was Sylvie´s second in command, hmm?. As a matter of fact, Sylvanas comments in the dislike between them in “War Crimes”, which means this is an old issue she´s aware off.

As a matter of fact, the novels depict Veeresa as a “rookie” who wasn´t very happy with the other Farstriders… and taking into account she basically self-appointed the “Ranger General” title coupled with her overall lack of self awareness, me thinks she is just salty her last name didn´t authomatically gave her a higher rank into the Farstriders corps back then (and the Farstriders are a VERY competitive organization).

The only Farstrider that “sided” with her did it for purely utalitarian reasons (why do you think Halduron called her, because he liked her? Wrong, he did it because his units were still stuck in Northrend and they couldn´t come fast enough to deal with the Amani issue -it´s literally said by him in the scenario-. Also, the fact he HAD TO call her instead of her you know, offering to help (like people that cares and worries do) is what I´m talking about in the first place. Who can players say she “cares” when she has to be asked to help? That´s nonsense.

Btw, remember who basically told her to “shush” when she started to rant against Lor´themar? Cause I ´member…

Two things:

1. Auric is basically stuck in a temporal scenario that related ALL the way back to WotLK AND it´s linked to a gameplay feature. However, the game depicts YEARS later the weapon found in the aforementioned scenario in Liadrin´s posession, and NO High Elves anywhere close to the Sunwell in the Velf scenario. So me thinks Auric probably left Quel´thalas or integrated into the Blood Elves and took in the name.

2. Lor´themar reached to them Quel´lithien elves because he KNEW them and he felt guilty over their particular plight (or more properly the hand he had in THOSE Helves´plight). But he does NOT regret the reasons why he kicked them out, and doesn´t consider that a mistake. Ergo, he reached them for PERSONAL reasons, not because he´s 100% in agreement with their ideas (as a matter of fact it was this schism and the attitude they portrayed as a result of this schism what got them kicked in the first place).

High Elves are free to make a PILGRIMAGE to the Sunwell and that´s it. They are NOT invited to question Quel´thalas policies nor much less to desecrate the very reason why there was a change of name in the first place.

So no dear, no “gaslighting”… simply putting attention to the lore.

And what are runic tattoos, dude? Yes, artistically speaking, a VERY exclusive Blood Elfy design that goes all the way back to the TBC game box. And go back and check that post in which I answered to you, there you will find someone asking for these for the Velves. To the surprise of nobody indeed… SO VERY convenient that the Velves were former Belves in that case (even if people is asking for the hair colors to represent a HIGH ELF, who wouldn´t have no runic tattoos whatsoever).

So I repeat: until Blizz implements those exclusively Blood Elf customizations AND directly and clearly tell the playerbase that no, Velves will NOT get those, your petition can stay delayed as such for as long as it needs to be, period.

How many times do we have to correct you people regarding the whole “why Belves eyes became green?” issue? I mean dude, this info has been available since WotLK at the least, ffs.

No, Belves did NOT gained the green eyes because “they sucked on Fel”, they gained them because there were magical artifacts that contained Fel and those irradiated the Belves.

Also, wanna bet how quickly Velf fans that want green eyes for their warlocks will jump to ask for them using the “But Vewlves were Belves” convenient agenda?

3 Likes

i simply disagree with that interpretation. high/blood elf ‘pilgrim’ npcs have been spotted in the sunwell and nothing says ‘you can only see the sunwell’

if things were that tense why even allow any ‘high elves’ to visit the sunwell? thats ok but visiting friends/family or moving back is too much? auric returned home after all(along with the rest there as well probably). i see no reason a dalaran elf deciding to move back wouldnt be allowed to

1 Like

How did a troll thread end up this long? LOL

It’s actually an elf thread.

4 Likes

No it wouldn’t.

Void Elves have exclusive skin colors. Why can’t Blood Elves have exclusive features too?

5 Likes

THe Alliance has three human races in a faction whose 90% of it (especially the High Elves) are human lovers.

Do we really need more human stuff? :thinking:

Void themed (not tentacles!) customization would be nice. But let’s face it, what we really need is Suramar Nightborne.

1 Like

Please explain what you mean by this?

I answered the OP’s desire back near the beginning, too.

(It’s not really very hard to make a blood elf that looks like a void elf, for @$@*&% obvious reasons).

1 Like

That Blizz should update the Nightborne model or just add the Suramar custom model to the race for the people that like their current Nightborne.

Well also Golden Yellows and etc. Plus even the White scar one eye feature that they have.

I think the reason why people continue to have this negative defense against people who wanted to look like the High Elf Npcs in WoW like the Ones in Allerian Stronghold, Quel’thililn lodge in hinterlands, Dalaran, and Silver Covenant because same points about being the same as Blood Elves, Same this, and that why you can’t have Blonde, Red, Brown, and etc normal Hair Colors. Basically baring people’s wishes and requests for more Customization Options for Void Elves. While the same ones who are perfectly set with wanting more and more themselves like More Whiter Skins, San’layn/Dark Ranger Skin Tunes, Tattoos, Hair Colors, and etc.

It kind of goes to show some people are bit kind of entitled and selfish. Keep in mind that most people who are against playable Alliance High Elves or just Alliance Thalassian Elves in General are pretty much the same ones who won’t stop ranting about the Purge of Dalaran and how Silver Covenant is nothing more than Evil World War 2 Faction instead of being mistreated and abused exiled high elves that left silvermoon to regain trust within Dalaran and of course even being on the Alliance, How to refuse to accept that most High Elf Places that are Alliance wishes for them to recon and not happen just to anger and ruin what made the Alliance in the first place along with Chronicles retcons against Alliance Players who played Warcraft 2 and 3.

But as a whole. You can’t honestly please everyone including the Antis who made it very clear since 2018 that they haven’t really changed much since it’s kind of sad recycle topic of rejection, bar gating people’s requests, and etc.

2 Likes