Void elves can look like blood elves but not vise versa

nah thtey need to be blue and cringey

I mean, my biggest beef with expanding Void Elf options is allowing them to be a carbon copy of Blood Elves. I donā€™t want my race copied and pasted. If there were more given to Blood Elves to counteract that, I wouldnā€™t have much to complain about.

3 Likes

Thereā€™s just something fishy about themā€¦

I had to.

4 Likes

https://ih1.redbubble.net/image.1706895323.8263/st,small,507x507-pad,600x600,f8f8f8.jpg

Yeah, the main crux seems to be Blood Elves currently have so little to give that something as basic as blond hair does make a copy. It ainā€™t right or fair for anyone.

Iā€™m still angry as all hell over being told they had no further plans on developing customization in SL. When, yaā€™know, customization was one of the selling points of the expansion. Youā€™d think theyā€™d figure it out.

Or theyā€™d do something like hide hair behind KSM. :joy:

6 Likes

Half Elves would be great. Maybe they could be a model toggle for Humans? Similar to these;

There shouldnā€™t be a problem if;

A. Blood Elves get more to further their distinction and darker themes, such as Felblood options and Undead options. Further options further representing their connection to the Sunwell and magical nature would be welcome as well.

B. Void Elves get aesthetics that further their Void theme as well. My personal picks would basically be any or all hair and skin colors from this first pic;

Imgur

As well as these;

https://m.imgur.com/qwLIrgy

Natural hair colors are definitely viable at some point, but not until a decent portion of these other aforementioned options make it into the game imo.

7 Likes

While it may not make much sense to give Blood Elves the Void Elf skin tones, thereā€™s nothing really preventing Blizzard from giving them some of the more popular Void Elf hair styles (or variants thereof). A little tit for tat wouldnā€™t be unwarranted considering the sharing of skin tones with Void Elves.

With that said, I am also a known proponent of Blood Elves getting the NPC Dark Ranger/Sanlyan skin and eye options, as well as some uniquely new options in that style so that players who wish to RP as members of those groups can do so visually (assuming a proper allied race is too much to ask for).

Iā€™d also like to see Blood Elves just get more customization options added to them since the initial pass they got was woefully lackluster imo.

6 Likes

Let us never forget that the real enemy is the person at Blizzard who said, ā€œokay, guys, thatā€™s enough new customizations. Gnomes, undead and pandaren are fine. No one even wants more for the nightborn. Weā€™re all set for the next few years.ā€

13 Likes

Iā€™ll always be reminded of that every time I play my Nightborne :frowning:

3 Likes

WoW Actually White Hair! Not only that but also another shade of blue that isnā€™t deep dark blue but more of a lighter blue, Pink, and etc.

Itā€™s a shame in a very hard reality like really sucky reality that on the alliance itself that Void Elves really canā€™t for negative reasons have Red, Brown, and Blonde hair because Blood Elves. It would be atleast be nice to see sources of normal hair colors from other races if quote on quote not having Void Elves be a copy of Blood Elves. Fact is most folks donā€™t know this but basically before TBC there were High Elves that were using Night Elf Models and some of them have Night Elf Hairstyles with Set Blonde and White Hair. Itā€™s still around to this day in Classic.

I donā€™t know at this point I just want to be completely different than having the same old hairstyles, and hair colors like everyone else or just Tentacles in General for Hair. Skin Tunes is a good start as well as eye colors but for the most part. At times you can get burned out of ether Void Elves or just Elves in General if you play too much of them.

1 Like

Are the Nightmare still lacking Customization Options in General? Man that sucks.

1 Like

Visually speaking their model is indeed the ā€œgeneric elfā€ one. Which is the root of the problem if Velves get the hair colors combo added to them cause then the Velves will visually replicate Belves quite easily.

Belves WILL need exclusive stuff as a compensation if the devs go that extra mile Helfers want (and I rather the devs justify those customizations in a way that guarantees everyone and their mother wonĀ“t be able come here and ask for their Velf toons -wanna bet how quickly Helfers will jump to ask for runic tattoos and scars if those are implemented only for Belves using the ā€œVelves are Belvesā€ card?- AND that it isnĀ“t ridiculously limited -ergo find a way to get Dark Ranger aesthetics WITHOUT calling them that-).

Those and some Troll haircuts would be VERY appreciated.

Actually hair jewerly makes more sense for Alliance aligned Helves considering they werenĀ“t the ones trying to recover their zombie infested land while they had resource shortage AND magical debilitation thanks to no moar fancy arcane drug available.

If anything, I find the jewerly pretty absurd lorewise speaking for Belves whose second exclamation towards Kael in ā€œBlood of the Highborneā€ was ā€œwhat will we eat?ā€.

Chronicle debunked this, apparently LorĀ“themar became a Thrall AND Cairne fan after getting to meet them -why do you think he obssesively tries to make Thrall take into the Warchief mantle anytime he can?-.

Some of us DO appreciate more to keep up with actual lore -even if the devs canĀ“t bother with it-.

Why do you think I donĀ“t RP? Cause cringe too far away or too vague or based upon vague lore (borderline headcanon / fanon) literally brings me out of inmersionā€¦ thatĀ“s why even as a massive Belf fan, IĀ“ll never RP, cause there is not enough information on the rogue class regarding the Belf race lorewise speaking to keep my inmersion while playing.

It certainly isnĀ“t, good job on avoiding falling into the usual wtf-esque RP venues that donĀ“t respect the background lore.

However the reason why I would HATE to get the customizations related to ā€œDark Rangers and/or SanĀ“laynā€ supported as suchā€¦ cause lorewise speaking they are related to a very NICHE aspect of the Belf lore (a.k.a. the Undead portion of the population and NO ONE ELSE) AND it actually messes up with the Forsaken too, soā€¦ from a pure visual PoV regarding the Belf playable model, IĀ“d like another explanation for all those good stuff like the red eyes, the wings, etcā€¦ that way thoser customizations can be used too with regular flesh color and one wonĀ“t feel like a cringe try hard while using them out of the usual lore context.

O_oā€¦ fancy (and weird may I add) meeting you here instead of the rogue forums.

Uhhhā€¦ Veeresa says ā€œHiā€. Talk about one character that never went back to help her people even while having the most gross Gary Stu as a husbando.

Telestra is another example about Helves that may have told ā€œbye-byeā€ to Dalaran BUT never went back to QuelĀ“thalas either.

It only becomes a HUGe problem IF the Belves donĀ“t get anything more than useless jewerly nobody uses to differentiate Belves and Velves sporting regular flesh colors ANd regular hair colors.

While I LOVE this idea, I can already hear the Elf haters complaining that the elf races got yet ANOTHER exclusive Hero class (remember the shtstorm regarding DH? Cause I Ā“member!!).

We need to get our proper Chocobo first (and yes by that I meant where is my freaking Hawkstrider in a Orange to Yellow coloration?).

/groans

See, people? This is why mere runic tattoos wonĀ“t be enough to differentiate the modelsā€¦ Belves havenĀ“t even gotten them and Velf fans are ALREADY asking for them.

The fact the lore supports this claim doesnĀ“t help us Belf fansā€¦ it just points out the actual dilemma involved in making the Belf model more visually distinct.

Which actually sucks, cause the Sunreavers NPCs use that blue model in some quests in Icecrown.

I DO despise the High Elves as they have been depicted AND developed by Blizzard Entertainmentā€¦ but I donĀ“t have an issue with people liking those fellas though. Not my business tbqh, people can like whatever the damn they want.

Man, if the holiday isnĀ“t of your interests, the only thing you need is to ignore itā€¦ simply donĀ“t be against it, period.

As a latin american I canĀ“t express well enough how little I care over the 4th of July; however this doesnĀ“t mean it isnĀ“t important for other people and that it should be celebrated as such in the benefit of those people, period.

Dear, considering how few people (in comparison to the whole ofc) actually go to church and follow the proper religious practices in that month, we can rest assured that Christmas is nothing but a glorified marketing season, period.

Easter would be a better example.

Says the man quoting ā€œgive hair colors and hairstyles to Velves for freeā€ā€¦ talk about lack of self awareness.

I mean dude, how long do you think it will take for your side to ask for the ā€œsupposedly exclusive for Belvesā€ stuff using the very same argument you made back there, hmm? You can check this looong post and you will already find someone asking for Belf artistic stuff to be put on Velves too.

Hard no UNLESS devs put on the damned pants for once and come out to tell you after they implement those hypothetical artistic customizations for Belves this: "the new stuff for the Belves? NEVER EVER for the other copy-pasted clone race on Alliance, accept and move on, tyvm for buying our game!!.

Until then, your OCD esque petition can stay as such, period.

IĀ“d say afterā€¦ it would be received as a sign of good faith that the devs will indeed try to mantain some measure of visual differentiation between both races.

If the cloning happens first (and taking into account Blizz devĀ“s behaviour like saying "no more customization for SL even if it was one of the selling points of the expac) the Belf fans will feel waaay more worried over getting screwed up with no chance to get something in exchange as far as visual exclusivity is concerned.

The whole Executive team? Please, the cut on the customizations is only the tip of the icebergā€¦

2 Likes

(responding on Fenelon because Iā€™ve retired Fezzy)

Absolutely. How they didnā€™t from the get go Iā€™ll never understand. lol

In my perfect world those Sunreavers would use the Sunreaver dragon hawk model insteadā€¦

Fair point though.

Easy: how fast do you think Square-Enix would sue them if they put an actual yellow looking Hawkstrider who would be a pure copy of a chocobo in the game?

VERY fast I guess.

also, what happened, got bored with the druid?

The problem was created the moment Blizz decided to make the iconic flying mount of a race the reward for an achievement.

To get ā€œracialā€ flying mounts it would be necessary to implement some new models (I personally would NOT be opposed for an actual Phoenix for the Belves -you know, like those that Kael so cutely invoke in Castle Nathria-. No chance in hell about Helfers coming to demand THAT mount ever either; not related to them).

I want that, I want proper looking tabards -like the ones the Hospitaller Knights used irlā€¦ yes IĀ“m a filthy sucker for the ā€œtabardā€ esque coat Kylo uses in TFA and that one IS very similar to how actual knightly tabards used to look; longer and covering the sides not the front- and a Sunfury Belf tabard in particular (I love the combination with red, black and gold).

1 Like

Nah, hes still my main, Iā€™m retiring him from the forums. I wanted to start posting on a toon I donā€™t play on as often. So Fenelon was already here. :stuck_out_tongue:

I agree. This would be necessary.

So many races would otherwise just be copies or simple recolors of mounts.

Iā€™m not as strict though as I think you might be meaning in this.

Iā€™m ok with the type of ā€œtabardā€ wow has but I do want ones more like the new SLs ones. Where they actually go down to the waist.

I still want a Tauren Sunwalker Tabardā€¦ And now a Prelate tabard for the Ztrolls.

More racial tabards like they did for ARā€™s would be cool across the board though.

1 Like

Thank you.

And not one person was surprised by this.

Iā€™d love to see hawkstriders with peacock trains. Theyā€™d be fierce and fabulous.

2 Likes

You know me, as the masochistic lore fan I am to get idkā€¦ a ā€œbutterflyā€ as a racial flying mount would literally break my inmersion in the game.

I like the Phoenix idea cause itĀ“s a nice nod to both the racial flag theme AND the very motto of the race (like the mythical phoenix, the Belves were ā€œburned to ashesā€ (the third war was certainly a fall from grace of epic proportions, as per canon lore theyĀ“re still the ONLY race to get 90% of theirr population killed in a catastrophe and survived it), and from those ashes they were reborn and are trying to become stronger (they just need to lose the ridiculous dependence in the stupid Sunwell and they will be good to go!).

YouĀ“re welcome ^^

I just have a decade of experience listening to this BSā€¦ no surprise indeed.

Not only youā€¦ I love the fact the Hawkstriders look ā€œfabulousā€ but they are actually quite the fierce savage fiends (some dialogues for the Hawkstrider mounts are hilarious regarding how savage the cute ā€œchickensā€ are). To make them more fabulous WILL improve into this two side notion they have going on.

3 Likes

While a butterfly mount would be entertainingā€¦ I hope its never a ā€œracialā€ mount. lol

Absolutely. Its a good choice.

Especially if they go with the angle of youā€™re a hero of your people sort of deal.

1 Like

With the jerks writting this game? One never knows, they literally take pride into ignoring their own freaking lore, lul.

A lot of people end up playing Belves cause they donĀ“t like the models for the other Horde races or because they like more to main Paladins / Demon Hunters. IĀ“m one of the rare ones that mains a Belf because of their lore and story (I only have 2 Belf toons, this -which is my main- and a Demon Hunter).

I love the fact they Helves were prideful and paid the price for it, I love how they never gave up after they became Belves and how their ultimate goal as a race is to survive and become once again a great kingdom, I love how they got a mentality change and became waay more open in comparison to how they were before (Helves that stayed as such in the Alliance are VERY traditionalists in comparison to the current Belvesā€¦ and more prideful too. Belves learned with blood that pride canĀ“t be put first always, and that sometimes one has to acccept the help people freely wants to give, even if that help comes from the monsters they despised 2 secs ago -which translates to Belves becoming much less prejudiced tooā€¦ they donĀ“t blame the entire races for the sins of their leaders, they just blame the individuals and move on, thatĀ“s why they are still Horde as far as lore is concerned-).

5 Likes

It is so remarkably refreshing to see a true take on the lore of Thalassians.

Thats how Iā€™ve always seen them as well.

When Blood elves were released, it was then that I made my high elf. Because thats what High Elves were. It would be years before Iā€™d even consider the idea of playing a high elf that remained with the Alliance.

And by then Iā€™d left WoW already. Only to come back to play Void Elves. Cause void infused elves sounded amazing and Alleria was back. (Iā€™m a fan.)

Even now though, I see that the story of thalassians isnā€™t in what they were. Its what theyā€™ve become. What theyā€™ve overcome. What they can be.

The High Elves that remained Alliance? They to me are just old fools stuck in a past that long ago forgot them.

3 Likes