Void elves can look like blood elves but not vise versa

Yup, it occurred to me that the ‘spectre’ is race marked as a ‘wraith’.

But it is still named spectre, but a lot of different things are in the game it seems. They were called Writhing Highborne, back in classic in Ameth’aran.

Dire Maul is sadly the only thing I remembered the name of… all that dungeon leveling.

There are no male banshees, and that is basically it.

Game mechanics mean little, really.

They used banshee for banshees, atleast in the past. Seems like in recent time they just got lazy. Atleast in classic, when you went to Ameth’aran, as an example, the wraiths and banshees had different abilities.

Sylvanas and her dark rangers were banshees who posessed their own dead bodies. But it is true, not all female elves are raised as banshees, but all banshees are or were female elves.

Anywho.

Here it was

‘Spectre’

It was called a spectre like 10 years before they decided “spectre” referred to a new type of undead.

Except mobs have spells that reflect their type, wolves don’t use frost bolt, banshees of both genders use screams and wails.

Also you didn’t comment on the fact that there are mobs who can spawn as either a banshee or a spectre.

“male counterpart to the banshee.”
“But everyone just calls him manshee.”

Honestly man, this is such a weird hill to die on.

2 Likes

Well, true… not to you specifically, but the answer is the same - blizzard got lazy.

I just hate being misunderstood.

The spectre is not a female, obviously.
Banshees are exlusively female.
I do not care if they call it a manshee as a joke internally.

I also do not care even if they do share similar abilities.
That model is clearly not female, banshees are female.

I should be the one to be confused as to why people would even argue that point in the first place.

He actually already posted that video himself.

thanks, I’m still half asleep after only an hour of sleep. started reading the conversation about Manshees/spectres and decided to look it up.

Have you considered that you’re still asleep?

Shocked pikachu face and this whole conversation is only a dream.

3 Likes

Yeah, and you’re unfamiliar enough with me that it would be weird enough for a dream that you and I are discussing manshees.

3 Likes

Fun fact, male Banshee’s actually has a name, “banhee” it is a bit odd but thought I would put this here.

The correct spelling is bean sidhe, and seeing it spelled as banshee has always made me angry.

Never heard of that before.

All I know is that Banshee is originally an old irish folk lore, women… something something… the details of their whereabouts alludes me right now.

I find it weird people are arguing about this when there is a wowpedia page confirming it.

Here’s a transcript from a Blizzcon panel about Legion where they are introduced.

I literally don’t see what the problem is.

Also, still waiting on an apology.

3 Likes

I dunno, that sounds like the name of a bean salad on a little plate next to my main to me.

2 Likes

It would make for an incredibly musty salad.

It is probably for the best that they went with the English respelling. It’s worse that people pronounce Cait Sith as Kayte Sith (like the not Jedi). My Irish blood boils.

Watching people try to pronounce my uncle Pádraig’s name is always fun.

So take the pot off the flame.

1 Like

Bah nvm it was a devian art thing my bad.

1 Like

Hey guys what would Mercy from Overwatch be if she was in Azeroth in World of Warcraft?

I know she’s a Priest since she’s a healer support but for Race through? Void Elf, Human, Blood Elf, and etc?

Human Priest.

Hands down.

i mean, she is a human…

Hmm ok. Thanks for the information.