Void elves can look like blood elves but not vise versa

I’m fine with even more than that. We only just recently got dark-skinned humans. Holiday. Vulpera? Holiday. Troll holiday? Sure, why not!

3 Likes

It would be the first holiday to celebrate a real life minority group, when it haven’t been done before.

So your solution is to provide holidays in-game for all marginalized demographics? I don’t disagree with you, but I think that we have to start somewhere. And allowing the LGBTQ+ community to have some celebrations in game could only be positive really. It could only provide support. It wouldn’t detract from anything really.

Isn’t that a step in the right direction though? Why would we oppose that?

3 Likes

retail celebrating the retail part of a holiday, oh the horror.

It’s celebrating a group of people though and specific religions, exactly what you were pointing out before. If you want to argue ‘retail’ in that, that’s also disregarding practically everyone who does celebrate it for religious reasons, but in the same vein turning it into ‘retail’ could be applied to any particular group too if you look into economics.

You claimed: “They never celebrated a group before” where… the holidays I mentioned are literally celebrating a group of people, be it religion, relating to a country, a piece of history, et cetra.

If we want to go ahead and add a bunch more holidays then by all means, like I said before, I like the ideas. And the mounts.

ALSO NOT TO MENTION the chinese newyear mounts…

7 Likes

You know, I’m suddenly fine with gay retail, the holiday.

9 Likes

santa clause is not a religious figure, the easter bunny is not a religious figure.

And halloween is 100% retail, with no religion behind it.

…Saint Nick… Are you really going to make me pull up wiki for this, alright.

" Santa Claus , also known as Father Christmas , Saint Nicholas , Saint Nick , Kris Kringle , or simply Santa , is a legendary[1] character originating in Western Christian culture who is said to bring gifts on Christmas Eve of toys and candy to well-behaved children,"

So he’s meant to be a saint in Christian lore, not to mention the fact that he was adapted from pagans (little tidbit) not to mention WHAT Christmas is celebrating.

" Originating among German Lutherans, the “Easter Hare” originally played the role of a judge, evaluating whether children were good or disobedient in behavior at the start of the season of Eastertide,["

2 Likes

why are you comparing religion to who people can love and how they express themselves

4 Likes

Are you for real?

" Halloween or Hallowe’en (a contraction of “All Hallows’ evening”),[5] also known as Allhalloween ,[6] All Hallows’ Eve ,[7] or All Saints’ Eve ,[8] is a celebration observed in many countries on 31 October, the eve of the Western Christian feast of All Hallows’ Day. It begins the observance of Allhallowtide,[9] the time in the liturgical year dedicated to remembering the dead, including saints (hallows), martyrs, and all the faithful departed."

Calling people’s celebrations ‘lol just retail’ is also rather offensive, so…

4 Likes

yes I am. And no, it’s not a christian holiday.

I wish I wasn’t out of likes because my goodness, this is quality.

3 Likes

Looks into the camera like this is the office.

It sounds like Brae had conflicts with people on the one Discord in the past so the mods asked a concensus before inviting. This is a pretty standard thing to do in a small community.

It sounds like a vast majority voted yes, and a few brought up LGBTQIA+ related concerns and someone said Brae had been talked to about it so those with concerns were fine with giving the benefit of the doubt.

I doubt there was anything malicious afoot. It’s really not worth the energy of getting upset over.

6 Likes

Yeah I’m out of likes, but laughing my butt off!

6 Likes

I still have plenty of likes to go around. They are gifts!

3 Likes

2 Likes

Omg this is the best gif!

1 Like

We have to be like this when we run out of likes! :innocent:

4 Likes

Arh, interviews.
Makes sense why I never saw it then.

Only the females.

I think the only dark ranger we learn more about is Velonara - who was also a ranger in life, as most dark rangers happened to be, Sylvanas came personally to bring her back… appearantly.

Eh, I no longer know what transphobe, or homophobe or whatever phobe means anymore. Words like that are thrown around like candy, losing their meaning.

Upset?
What I am saying is that the longing to be extra special is a “look at me!” statement, thus snowflake. I am not particularely upset about it, it is just how it is.

Someone people could have fooled me with all of their bragging about how their RP is so much better. I do not remember myself bragging about how I “RP very gud”.

But overall I have long disagreed with the direction roleplay has taken, becoming enclosed and bubbled in, with no one able to deal with the spontaneity and randomness that roleplay should bring. Snowflake characters is a part of the trend that causes this, in my opinion. People wanting their characters to be the one big cheese of the play.

We did have dark-skinned Blood Elves before… while heavily corrupted by fel :man_shrugging:

…what…

You know what.

No. No one is paying me to deal with this dumpster fire.

1 Like