Void elves can look like blood elves but not vise versa

If I wanted to look at a blood elf that looked like a void elf and swoon I’d just look at the void elf.

And vice versa.

2 Likes

I just became a white mage in ffxiv though

3 Likes

Well this makes just too much sense!
I haven’t logged into discord in a few weeks, been having a lot of things going on in my life but I hope everyone is doing well.

5 Likes

No but I understand your argument.

I’m a void elf and I hate what they did.

I think they destroyed a unique new race which was set. Void elves story wise was this.

Yes most if not all of them were blood elves. They were a group though in blood elf society that said “Were going to explore the void”. They were told to stop what they were doing ignored the calls to stop and they were thrown out of blood elf society.

A number of people though cried that since some high elves were always in the alliance why couldn’t they play as high elves?

What blizzard should have done was this. Just allow alliance players to play as high elves as an additional race and if that meant a little more work to add a new sixth race to horde so what.

Instead they did the cheap thing. They caved even though it went against their new interesting lore and destroyed the uniqueness of what I felt was the birth of a new elven race “void elfs”

I only consider void elves that look like they have been altered by the void as true void elves anymore. I don’t recognize those other players.

But in essence you have a-lot of players running around with “void elves” technically but who are really rping them as high elves.

And that’s not a serious stretch either because a few high elves did stay in the alliance and the lore also states that blood elves on horde are still really high elves the only difference is that those on horde are the descendants now of or are the original high elf survivors of Artha’s major attack on Silvermoon.

But if I had it my way, all void elves would have been left alone. All the void light to dark blue skin colors and void hair colors would have remained but that is it.

As for my void elf, my void elf is very dark blue with a void like blue/purple hair mixed with void to reflect that he was altered by it as it should be.

There is one other issue with not keeping void elves mostly a sub group of former blood elves as the little story that leads to unlocking the race implies or reveals.

They speak Thalassian. It means they grew up in Silvermoon. Thalassian is their mother tongue even if they switched sides. High elves maybe they remember Thalassian but since those few that stayed on alliance left Silvermoon maybe it’s believable they forgot it.

But not the void elves, because the void that changed them was very recent which is why they still speak Thalassian.

I love how I can talk to blood elves cross faction even if most ignore me.

8 Likes

I’ve noticed and it’s sad because they’ll just sit personally attacking you then acting like they are the victim and like we are all awful for calling them out when we can see what has been said on both sides.

5 Likes

Since some people don’t want blood elves and void elves to look the same we are the villains in their eyes so it’s okay to do anything to the opposition sadly.

4 Likes

Popped back in to see if I missed anything… and seriously… what the heck happened up in here? :face_with_raised_eyebrow:

Yet you started the harassment. Let’s take a look all the way back at the beginning, shall we?

Your very first post in here, starting into the personal issues:

Your second post in here, showing more personal bitterness:

More personal issues:

And even more personal issues:

More and more personal issues:

You attempting to say you’re being targeted when you specifically came in here to harass him about whatever this insanity is… that’s just disingenuous at best.

You came in here, guns blazing, to attack him. Not the other way around. I don’t know any Discord server you’re talking about and I don’t know any of these people outside of the forum… so this whole “OMG HE SUMMONED EVERYONE TO ATTACK ME” victim complex you created is false, because I’m not part of anything to do with Helf crap or any of that elf hysteria, and I’m calling you out on your attacks.

Now… back on the topic of this seriously messed up, ignoring lore thread…

No, it’s literally lore that I quoted for you and you ignored once again.

goes back to having thread muted

13 Likes

It’s not spiteful to change your thoughts and your opinions on a topic given how people like you act including in this thread anyone would more than likely think twice before wanting to give any support to someone or someone’s being rude, personally attacking, etc. just for the sake of doing it because someone else’s thoughts and opinions evolved.

3 Likes

He didn’t change his entire stance though.

4 Likes

My opinions on the types of people in the HE community are one thing, part of my issue is this weird type behavior that even in this thread you’re displaying like some personal issue because I don’t support HE options anymore? Thats not personal but yeah I take issue with people making it personal for one example.

My stance supporting visual distinction is its own thing.

2 Likes

Considering I did change mine due to a couple different people on the pro side, I can understand someone else changing due to others, if you think for one moment it’s appealing to be rude, attack people, call names, etc. it’s not.

And you are 100% entitled to that, no one should be attacking you or anyone else for having a different thought or opinion, disagreeing is fine but past that isn’t.

2 Likes

I’m pretty sure the correct answer to this situation is to just give the belves access more theme(s). Fel blood and/or undead variants should give blood elf players something for those who felt like they lost something when the void elves got their appearances.

Fel elves and dead elves don’t even infringe on anything within the Alliance so we should be fine.

1 Like

Yes play the victim when you was personally attacking Lann for no reason and you are in the wrong, instead of actually owning it and apologizing.

4 Likes

For the record this person brought up discords

You pointed out the behavior on the forums wasn’t surprising, do you think their HE discord was any kinder? Of course I left lol, I was attacked all the time but do I bring it up? No of course not but if you want to get down to it that end of things was even worse, and that was when I was still supportive but my stance was already changed so the whole “you changed for spite” thing isn’t accurate what so ever.

So it’s just wild to me that people can act this way constantly, and then say my stance is out of spite, like no my stance is my stance but this behavior does effect my opinion of people sure.

3 Likes

Lets be very clear I have never complained about skin colors, not the diversity options on human skin toned races (I have applauded) and the additions to VEs of non void skin tones as RP tools (I have applauded)

What you jumped in on was my disagreement with Rhielle and it wasn’t that deep I view the additions as more impactful then she did otherwise I was kinda in agreement with what she was saying, that wasn’t me complaining they were done.

Now move forward a bit and I don’t support more options being done like natural hair colors etc, but thats its own issue all together.

2 Likes

This is quite the accusation, do you have any proof to back it up given I interact with all of them almost every day in one thread or another?

3 Likes

Just ask to join their discord and you’ll probably see them talking about it. They asked for you to join anyways you can see the proof for yourself.

bro why do you know our post patterns that’s just creepy dude lol just stop.

7 Likes

This entire like exchange has just been weird and people wonder why my post history is private

4 Likes

WOW…

You get the song too…