Void elves can look like blood elves but not vise versa

I have been roleplaying since 1998 and have been on wow since 2004.

I literally wrote a well-received roleplay guide and popularized the idea of consent and player agency in wow. Here’s an early version of the guide since you clearly don’t believe me.

https://web.archive.org/web/20160605012645/http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/11914941540

And here I am next to my writing award. Personal information largely cleared because I don’t want to be doxxed.

Now. Zan’s mother was a ranger who…

• Died in the fall of Quel’thalas.
  • Became a dark ranger for a number of years
  • Defected after being forced to kill forsaken who were meeting with their living relatives.
  • Went home to her family and went into hiding.
  • Is now out of hiding now that Sylvans has left the Horde.

There’s nothing contradictory about this. How is my character a snowflake? Hmmm?

As for JK Rowling, she’s a trans exclusionary radical feminist who has published anti-trans diatribes that go on and claim that people like me are poor innocent butch lesbians being lured to transition by evil transwomen. Don’t even mention that nasty woman in my presence thanks.

4 Likes

I just laughed so hard I got acid reflux. What an unnecessary post, but this thread has been wild so far so whatever.

Wanting to be a dark ranger.
But you are right, other than that there is nothing bad in there, nothing extremely spectacular either, it is just another run of the mill Blood Elf character, I had expected something bigger considering the clapping of one’s own shoulder.

Don’t be surprised.

But considering that you just branded me an elitist, and throws a whole lot of other assumption onto me, based on minor statements. I would not consider your judgement of another person, very valueable.

You don’t throw accusations around willy nilly, least of all on people like myself. I personally do not take kindly to such baseless accusations, much like I am sure you yourself do not.

As I said.

Be nice.

Right now I am just afraid it’ll turn into this: “I can be the most angsty, sassy teen in this thread!”

There is no hope for me at all in that regard.

You can probably daisy chain through my mentions for the post they blocked me for. He called me a victim blamer and problematic for emojis, but it’s okay when he does it! Then insinuated that my GM would kick me out for the post.

It’s best to let it go, they seem kind of unhinged.

1 Like

I have over eighty RP characters from 50-60. I experiment with a broad selection of concepts in my storytelling. God forbid one of my eighteen hunters wound up being a dark ranger. Oh noes.

Wholesome grandma dark ranger watching over trainees is not a crime. It’s not even edgy.

I don’t owe niceness to someone who outright personally attacked me by calling me a snowflake first.

I see you typing. Is it really a good idea to keep digging this hole?

2 Likes

I would call it passionate.
It is an unfair existence currently for some people.
It should come out a little nicer though :blush:

Good, I don’t. Not even considering that I have three different account. I think I would be at, 15… tops, of now level 50 characters. I do not own Shadowlands.

I don’t care what you don’t think you owe someone.
Be nice.

1 Like

I refuse to be nice to abusive people who personally attack me like you have regardless of how hard they try to tone police me.

2 Likes

Well, aren’t you the edgy rascal.
Falsely accusing people of being abusers and what not.
Well… be nice :blush:

2 Likes

People who generalize a collective group of 1m+ others are so weird. Kind of falls into the same logic bucket as other negative tendencies. :thinking:

1 Like

You were the one who called me a snowflake. You lost your entitlement to my niceness right there. Maybe of you walk it back and apologize I might consider forgiveness but you wandered into the hidden dwarven territory of Dun’Goofed and now you’re in Dun’Told. You are in no position to tone police people you abused :kissing_heart:.

2 Likes

No player character became a night warrior.

The black eyes are merely a result of fighting beneath the black moon.

There is one night warrior. One.

At what point are you under the impression there are no more Dark Rangers?

No numbers were ever given. It would be one thing if you didn’t like people playing Val’kyr in service to the Forsaken or something, but there is no reason I can see why Dark Rangers would ever have been off the table.

Hell they were a hero class in WCIII FT.

Clearly so…

I don’t understand rigid people in RP. It’s RP… Chill.

Can you try to reword it?

Shes a pretty big jerk and hypocrite.

Look it up, it’s unfortunate.

And, what did you role play back when you did?

1 Like

I have my popcorn right here. I need some entertainment tonight.

:surfing_woman: :surfing_man:

Probably an idealized self-insert.

I mean, he’s posting on a low level toon. At least I have the guts to post on my main.

I’m getting old here. I’m going to die before you finish your novel.

1 Like

This is super legit.

Also lol, I was just thinking that too.

You speak of it as if I lost something incredibly valueable.

It is merely a difference in opinion on the matter of roleplay. Yes, I call it a snowflake issue wanting to be a dark ranger, on the basis that a dark ranger is supposed to be a rare phenomenon. It is a “Look at me” statement, that is all that being a dark ranger adds.

This is actually news to me.

Where do we learn this? What quest? Or developer statement?

Interesting.

Dreadlords, Liches, etc were also heroes in WC3.

And you are right, no number were given. Arthas could have raised the entirety of the elven population as banshees and they could all realistically become dark rangers by repossesing their dead bodies.

But… you know… let us have a clear mind here. So far it seems it was only the rangers closest to Sylvanas Windrunner, were given those privileges.

Oh, I know, hence why I do not care much for her.
If she turns out to actually ba transphobic, it would not be much of a surprise to me. I mean, she was one of the biggest virtue signalers.

When I started roleplaying I went all in on the Blood Elf Blood Knight concept, a man desperate to show the futility of following the philosophy so widely spread by the Lordearon clergy. Nothing special, but it was fun.

It was a basic idea really.

I don’t have any high levels on this account :blush: I wanted to check the US side of World of Warcraft, having spent most of my time on the EU side.

Also, be nice.

Dude has been typing for ten minutes.

I’m just sitting here like…

1 Like

A likely story. I somehow don’t believe this at all. I think you’re just the color between orange and green.

No.

Apologize for you abusive behavior towards me.

2 Likes

You keep saying this when anyone can go back and read that you wasn’t nice to begin with so trying to pretend like you are now isn’t fooling or going to fool anyone.

2 Likes

He should be nice and apologize.

2 Likes