Void elves can look like blood elves but not vise versa

I never said you were a HE fan unless that’s what you’re saying.

But you have arguments that are almost word for word used by HE fans.

I could say I’m not anti HE in support as I don’t consider myself as such but my bias is in line with people who do align with that. That’s how bias works I think

1 Like

Oh HE fan, my mistake.

3 Likes

After looking up, you really shouldn’t be apologizing lol. If I was as courteous as you are in discussion and still got treated like I was trying to be evil, selfish and deceptive I’d be way nastier. Good on you for being a better person than me for one and two being able to put up with that :+1:

3 Likes

My heinous crime, btw:

3 Likes

I’m more of a Skeletor fan, actually :flushed:

Nobody has any idea that you were joking, because that’s an argument people have.

You got responses who took you verbatim and then proceeded to act accordingly when no one found you funny.

1 Like

Having finally caught up on reading this. I couldn’t help but notice that someone brought up the fact. Why would the Alliance help the Blood Elves with their scourge problems,After all the High Elves left them high and dry at the end of Warcraft 2. What I find odd about that statement is this. Gilneas also left them high and dry at the end of Warcraft 2. Yet surprisingly enough it didn’t stop the Aaluance from running to aide them against their Forsaken problem.

Also Blood Elves were never referred to as another flavor of High Elves, they were called pretty much high elves.
High Elves=orange juice
Blood Elves=orange juice with pulp
Void Elves=pineapple orange juice

4 Likes

This is kind of an issue with the game, too. The players are also equally bad when throwing the term Highborne around.

I found it funny. Having my post broken down with snippets about it being problematic and victim blaming were really a highlight :hugs:.

2 Likes

I thought it was an insightful post.

You did say those things highlighted in his post so him breaking it down to make individual commentary is reasonable.

1 Like

Thanks! I am pretty funny, and it’s a shame that one got buried.

1 Like

Looking, maybe.

1 Like

Momma says my gangly, gaunt frame is beautiful!!! :sob:

Lor’themar," he called again as he caught up to the regent lord. “You cannot seriously—we do not—”

“You heard her, Rommath,” Lor’themar interrupted. “We go to Northrend or we lose Forsaken support—and likely the rest of the Horde’s as well. So we go.” He turned to leave again.

“There are still soldiers in the infirmaries from Quel’Danas!” Rommath continued. “We have not even held a proper service for the dead—by the Sunwell, Lor’themar!”

“We do not have a choice, Rommath; do you not understand that? We do as Sylvanas asks or we quite possibly lose all of Quel’Thalas south of the Elrendar River!”

“So, let it go!” Rommath shouted, and Lor’themar froze in shock. Slowly he turned back once again, catching sight of Halduron’s equally startled face as he did.

“Let it go?” His voice started to rise. “Do you know how many elves—sin’dorei and quel’dorei alike—died to defend that land? How many continue to die? And you say I should just let it go? What the hell is wrong with you?”

“They would rather have died in vain than have given their lives just so you could turn into nothing more than the puppet of some—some monster, in the name of their sacrifice!”

So much for the Horde supposely doing the “right thing”. Heh, apparently they are the ones willing to leave allies high and dry when push really came to shove. Note, these are official members of the Horde and yet apperently the blood elves got treated like dirt when they were no longer useful. Hypocrisy.

2 Likes
  1. The Horde sent help to a nation they had no alliance with because it was the right thing to do. The Alliance did not.

2. The Horde, having supported Quel’thalas for years, asked for its help in fighting a campaign against one of their own enemies.

3. If the blood elves wouldn’t aid that campaign, they’d have to get the troops from somewhere to make up the difference.

4. They never did pull out.

5. The Scourge invasion in Wrath was a threat to all life on Azeroth.

6. The blood elves were not at risk of being exterminated at that point, they were concerned that they would lose territory.

It doesn’t say “or we quite possibly get exterminated to the last man, woman and child”.

So essentially your argument here is “Well sure, the Alliance ignored one of its oldest allies being exterminated but years later the Forsaken said they would pull its troops out of Quel’thalas to fight a literal world-ending threat if it didn’t contribute to its own defence and would lose a bit of territory. They’re exactly the same.”

3 Likes

Because said nation was at war with the high elves. The people who were members of the Alliance and who they just kicked out of their homes.

When Quel’thalas having just suffered a civil war had barely anything left to give.

Force the blood elves into an war they were ill prepared to at the time.

Because Lothermar sent troops like the humbled puppy he was.

The argument here is you only get help from the Horde as long as they get something back from you. That the “help” provided by them was not done out of generosity but becuase they expect something back down the line.

And the moment you are no longer useful to them you are left to fend to your own devices.

So blaming the Alliance for taking care of its immediate affaires at the expense of not helping the blood elves is utter hypocisy when the Horde would do the same. And to an actual member no less.

2 Likes

I hate that short story so much. It totally ruined the relationship the forsaken and blood elves good relationship that they had.

Uh, no they weren’t?

What?

And yet, they did provide troops and oh look! Quel’thalas still exists!

No one was prepared for the Scourge invasion, it wasn’t convenient for anyone.

That “something back” was support in stopping a world-ending threat. They weren’t asking for money or blood elf babes.

^

^

Except they didn’t do anything even remotely similar.

3 Likes

They were kicked out of their own city as per the short. Suffice to say the high elves have little love for the Blood elves and would attack them if they could.

At the expense of how many blood elven lives? Lives they supposely can barely spare.

It was less so for a race the literally just had a civil war.

It was a decision forced on them. Yes, the Lich King was a threat to everyone but the blood elves were literally blackmailed to help. Last I checked the Alliance doesnt blackmail its members.

If the Horde is supposely generous/does the “right thing” they wouldnt threaten to abandon their allies barely maintaining its own borders.

Again, the Horde prioritized a threat(the Lich King) and told the BE to either help or lose their support(and most of their southern holdings). Criticizing the Alliance for prioritizing its affaire before the affaire of a third party while the Horde does the same to the detriment of one of its own members no less, just reeks of hypocrisy.

1 Like

One would think the Alliance never had an agenda for helping out the High Elves. When heck the only reason the Kingdom of Arathor agreed to help during the Troll wars. Was they wanted the High Elves to teach them magic.
Yet I am starting to realize demanding something for your aide if you are Alliance is justified and good. Demanding something for your aide if you are Horde is a horrible evil thing to do.

4 Likes

That isnt the problem here. The problem here is supposely the Horde does the “right thing”. The right thing would be to help someone in need with no expectation of a payment later on. But that is not what was done.

The Alliance is being criticized for not doing the “right thing” when apperently the Horde doesnt do it either and is throwing bricks at their very brittle glass house.

1 Like